Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Getting points for restaurant spend: 15x spend back thru 20 Dec2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2021, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Promotion active again until December 20, 2022:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/offers/dine-local.html

Normally, 5x base points are awarded for eating at a Hyatt restaurant. With this promo, 3 x 5 points are awarded, so 15x (5x base and 10x bonus).
Give the server your Hyatt number at the time of payment. You will see the number on your credit card receipt.

Terms & Conditions

Members may earn triple points on Eligible Non-Stay Charges for food and beverage purchases at participating outlets at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts between September 15, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. CDT and December 20, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Outlet participation is limited. Offer may not be available at all properties or at all outlets at a participating property. Offer is not available at Alua Hotels & Resorts, Breathless Resorts & Spas, Dreams Resorts & Spas, Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, Lindblad Expeditions, MGM Resorts, Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Sunscape Resort & Spas, Vivid Hotels & Resorts, or Zoëtry Wellness and Spa Resorts. Please ask outlet associates about participation. Members may earn a maximum of 100,000 Bonus Points per transaction under this offer (in addition to any Bonus Points you may earn as an elite member). Only Base Points are tripled, and all points awarded under this offer are Bonus Points. You must provide your World of Hyatt membership number at the time of purchase.

Offer not valid on alcoholic beverage purchases in certain jurisdictions. Member must use an Eligible Method of Payment to settle qualifying Eligible Non-Stay Charges. Eligible Methods of Payment do not include, without limitation, guest room or folio charges, hotel “House Accounts,” charges settled by a company or organization, charges billed to a guest room/folio or unit at a Hyatt-branded residence, point redemptions, award redemptions, Hyatt-branded gift cards, Hyatt gift cheques, or property-specific gift card/certificates. Failure to pay for purchases renders this offer void.

Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this offer with a suitable substitute offer of equal value (if legally required) at any time. Offer is subject to the terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program available at worldofhyatt.com/terms. Hyatt®, World of Hyatt® and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation or its affiliates. ©2022 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Print Wikipost

Getting points for restaurant spend: 15x spend back thru 20 Dec2022

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by AllThePants
It replaced Argyle - the steakhouse. Curiously enough, the F&B points show up as 'Argyle' in the points activity history ( At least on website -- the same points show up as PH Aviara in mobile app)
I’ll have to check it out. I always enjoyed Vivace. I think I went to Argyle maybe once. Our place is right off Alga so super close. I was lucky enough to hit the legendary seafood Buffett way back when. Best deal ever.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 11:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Just a follow up on this, the points actually posted only for food and not for alcohol. There wasn't much alcohol spend so I won't bother following up on it. (And the T&C's say "Offer not valid on alcoholic beverage purchases in certain jurisdictions" -- no idea whether that is the reason I didn't get credit though.)
For the most part, alcohol has never netted points at most Hyatts I've been to. From memory, interesting to see the T&C language has been relaxed.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pWei
For the most part, alcohol has never netted points at most Hyatts I've been to. From memory, interesting to see the T&C language has been relaxed.
I've consistently gotten points for alcohol spend at international properties. Sometimes I think it's because they're just not segregating food/alcohol/taxes/tips on dining checks... since I've often gotten points on full after tax/tip spend in Mexican resorts too.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 6:18 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
I tried to attach my WOH number to my dining spend at a hotel restaurant tonight. However, the server couldn’t figure out how to do it and just ran my card anyhow. Is there a way to have corporate or my concierge apply it to my account retroactively?
Old Jun 2, 2021, 6:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by hp12c
I tried to attach my WOH number to my dining spend at a hotel restaurant tonight. However, the server couldn’t figure out how to do it and just ran my card anyhow. Is there a way to have corporate or my concierge apply it to my account retroactively?
If you have a picture of the receipt, that should do it.

Yes, IME, for the most part, the food and beverage is unfortunately segregated properly.
hp12c likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 12:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by CIT85
It should work. Anyone tried this yet? I am curious if it will work if you just pay with WOH CC and provide your WOH number.
I did it, sort of. I dined prior to check in, so paid the tab directly. It posted with the bonus.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 1:06 am

I wonder if I can assume the bonus applies at every restaurant located inside a participating hotel (a property listed on the participating hotels link).
There are some restaurants that seem to operate completely independent of the hotel even if the restaurant is physically attached to the hotel and is listed on the hotel's dining page.
An example is Daniel's Broiler at Hyatt Bellevue and Seattle.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 4:32 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by evergrn
I wonder if I can assume the bonus applies at every restaurant located inside a participating hotel (a property listed on the participating hotels link).
There are some restaurants that seem to operate completely independent of the hotel even if the restaurant is physically attached to the hotel and is listed on the hotel's dining page.
An example is Daniel's Broiler at Hyatt Bellevue and Seattle.
That's not a safe assumption. The promo page on hyatt.com says "Contact each hotel directly for any questions on participating dining options."

Ruth's Chris Steak House in the GH Seattle is another restaurant that is not operated by the hotel and charges there do not earn points or bonuses.
evergrn likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 1:42 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Never had F&B points on a non-stay. So tried it out today at the HR Zurich Airport. Hotel is a non-participating property!

The full amount posted immediately to my account!. That is great.

150$ spend
5x for base points
30% Globalist bonus
Triple promotion points

Total 2472 points.

is it common to post immediately ?
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 6:12 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 59Impala
is it common to post immediately ?
In my experience, it posts within an hour. It's very satisfying.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 7:51 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by CIT85
Is the 5X points on all restaurants promotion for all WOH CC? I do not have that on my card, only got the regular 2X points on my recent restaurant charges.
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
It's targeted. You must enroll to activate it.

Chase WoH 5k pts or 5X Offer Apr1-June30 2021 (targeted)
Sry, just a bit confused ha. The 5x on restaurants (as quoted above) is for targeted WoH Chase card members, and is separate to the promotion in this thread. Is that right?

[If I understand correctly] the promotion in this thread is for 3x on dining through June 15th at select (or not) on-site restaurants, which already earn 5x "base points" for a total of 15x. (Must give your WoH details to server and settle the bill separately.)
Old Jun 6, 2021, 10:14 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Sry, just a bit confused ha. The 5x on restaurants (as quoted above) is for targeted WoH Chase card members, and is separate to the promotion in this thread. Is that right?

[If I understand correctly] the promotion in this thread is for 3x on dining through June 15th at select (or not) on-site restaurants, which already earn 5x "base points" for a total of 15x. (Must give your WoH details to server and settle the bill separately.)
I do not have a Hyatt CC as living outside the US.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:45 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
This is the most aggravating promo. Not ONCE have I had a server know how to add my WOH number to the bill. I’ve tried at numerous Hyatt restaurants. The response is always “you’ll have to take care of it with the front desk.”

Thus, I have not wanted to chance it and just ended up charging meals to my room.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I've used this promo 40-50 times at Hyatts across China. Great promo. Sad it will disappear as it caused me to shift non stay dining and business meetings to Hyatts
59Impala likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 2:30 pm
formerly a193991

this promotion is active again until Feb 10, 2022.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...spage_en_oct21

Currently staying at HR Zurich Airport. Had dinner and they knew I am a WoH member and asked for my card when paying. I at first wanted to charge to room, but thought… why not, give it a try, and yes, triple points posted within 5 minutes to my account.

when I recently had dinner here outside of the promotion period, no points were added, as this restaurant does not participate, but does during this promotion period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.