Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Getting points for restaurant spend: 15x spend back thru 20 Dec2022

Old May 8, 2021, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Promotion active again until December 20, 2022:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/offers/dine-local.html

Normally, 5x base points are awarded for eating at a Hyatt restaurant. With this promo, 3 x 5 points are awarded, so 15x (5x base and 10x bonus).
Give the server your Hyatt number at the time of payment. You will see the number on your credit card receipt.

Terms & Conditions

Members may earn triple points on Eligible Non-Stay Charges for food and beverage purchases at participating outlets at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts between September 15, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. CDT and December 20, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Outlet participation is limited. Offer may not be available at all properties or at all outlets at a participating property. Offer is not available at Alua Hotels & Resorts, Breathless Resorts & Spas, Dreams Resorts & Spas, Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, Lindblad Expeditions, MGM Resorts, Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Sunscape Resort & Spas, Vivid Hotels & Resorts, or Zoëtry Wellness and Spa Resorts. Please ask outlet associates about participation. Members may earn a maximum of 100,000 Bonus Points per transaction under this offer (in addition to any Bonus Points you may earn as an elite member). Only Base Points are tripled, and all points awarded under this offer are Bonus Points. You must provide your World of Hyatt membership number at the time of purchase.

Offer not valid on alcoholic beverage purchases in certain jurisdictions. Member must use an Eligible Method of Payment to settle qualifying Eligible Non-Stay Charges. Eligible Methods of Payment do not include, without limitation, guest room or folio charges, hotel “House Accounts,” charges settled by a company or organization, charges billed to a guest room/folio or unit at a Hyatt-branded residence, point redemptions, award redemptions, Hyatt-branded gift cards, Hyatt gift cheques, or property-specific gift card/certificates. Failure to pay for purchases renders this offer void.

Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this offer with a suitable substitute offer of equal value (if legally required) at any time. Offer is subject to the terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program available at worldofhyatt.com/terms. Hyatt®, World of Hyatt® and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation or its affiliates. ©2022 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Print Wikipost

Getting points for restaurant spend: 15x spend back thru 20 Dec2022

Old Sep 17, 2022, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AllThePants
Bagels and pastrami. Some may say the pizza.
I like how OP edited it, nice comment prior to the edit though.

I would’ve said Katz’s Deli, or Delmonico’s.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 7:02 pm

If a restaurant normally accepts paying via room charge, is it safe to assume they would also participate in this promotion?
Old Sep 17, 2022, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by rhg247
If a restaurant normally accepts paying via room charge, is it safe to assume they would also participate in this promotion?
Yes
rhg247 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 1:00 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
yes, as long as you are not actually staying there.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
That’s completely untrue as indicated by the last 3x dining promo.

You can be staying at the same hotel you are dining at and utilize the 3x promo. The key component is not charging the meal to the room. As long as you provide your WOH number and pay at the restaurant you will receive the bonus, unless you have a datapoint from the current promo that indicates otherwise.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 5:05 am
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by Matt4200

You can be staying at the same hotel you are dining at and utilize the 3x promo. The key component is not charging the meal to the room. As long as you provide your WOH number and pay at the restaurant you will receive the bonus, unless you have a datapoint from the current promo that indicates otherwise.
you simply love to always state something different. Just read

Local dining just got more rewarding. Earn 3X points on dine-in, delivery or takeout at participating hotel restaurants through December 20, 2022 when you’re not staying the night. Bring a good appetite.​
I do not know how this can be misinterpreted. It may work, yes, but that is not what the promo is.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 5:38 am

you simply love to always state something different. Just read

I do not know how this can be misinterpreted. It may work, yes, but that is not what the promo is.
To me, to Hyatt and to anyone who participated in the last identical promo all that means is to not charge it to the room.

I’m not sure why you’d make that bold statement then say that it does in fact work also for people who are staying but just pay directly at the food outlet.

I would say that the vast majority of people who used the previous identical promo and the vast majority of people who will utilize this promo will be checked in to the hotel they are eating at. Which is why it’s definitely necessary to address.

I believe that these two FAQ answers are key and crucial.

5. What is considered a non-stay food and beverage charge?
Food and beverage ordered and paid for at a participating outlet when paid for with an Eligible Method of Payment. This can include dine-in, delivery and takeout. Offer not valid on alcoholic beverage purchases in certain jurisdictions.

6. I have a food and beverage charge that was applied to a bill for a room. Can I get triple points for that bill?
No, only food and beverage charges paid for at a participating venue will be eligible for the triple points promotion.

Number 5 is very clear about exactly what it is, and makes no mentioned that you cannot be a guest checked into the hotel.

Number 6 is also very clear indicating that the person was checked in to the hotel at the time of dining and paying, had they paid directly at the food outlet instead of a charging it to the room it would earn the triple points.

If Hyatt did not mean it to work for Hotel Guests as well as non Hotel guests they would’ve added a special term or FAQ answer staying as such. This way it works for both people staying at the hotel as well as people just going to the hotel for a meal.
CoffeeTraveler likes this.

Last edited by Matt4200; Sep 18, 2022 at 5:49 am
Old Sep 18, 2022, 7:17 am
formerly a193991

hopeless - I give up
coleslaw likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 7:39 am

hopeless - I give up
From original post to giving up.

Your original statement literally says you can utilize the promo “as long as you are not actually staying there”. It cannot be any clearer.

You could’ve easily said as long as you don’t charge it to your room, but you made it clear it’s only valid “as long as you are not actually staying there”.

I’m glad I could enlighten the community as I strongly believe Hyatt fully intends for hotel guests to utilize this promotion. It would just be very annoying for hotels to have to manually separate out all dining charges then submit them to Hyatt for the bonus, not to mention how much more complicated it would get for Hyatt to deal with both a dining promo and the 2x points promo. There are dozens of non-meal related charges that one could charge to the room (Spa, Cabana, In Room Snacks, Movies, Room Upgrades for a Fee, Resort Activities, Parking, Salon, etc.) which Hyatt is already doubling earning on with the 2x promo. On top of that many areas do not allow earning on alcohol and you usually cannot see specifically what is alcohol by looking at your room folio if it was part of a meal, it’s much easier if you have the restaurant receipt as the entire folio.

This promo solves those problems by having it done directly at the point of sale AND provides a way for people not staying to also go out of their way to eat at a Hyatt restaurant.

Another situation it solves is earning on a 1 night stay. With the 2x promo it requires 2 nights minimum, but you can still dine during that stay and earn the triple points so long as you pay directly and provide your WOH number.

I definitely appreciate the dialogue though.
rhg247 and CoffeeTraveler like this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 8:35 am

Another situation it solves is earning on a 1 night stay. With the 2x promo it requires 2 nights minimum, but you can still dine during that stay and earn the triple points so long as you pay directly and provide your WOH number.
This makes a ton of sense.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm pretty sure Morimoto at Andaz Maui does NOT participate in this promo, yet does allow room charges.

So no, I don't think this is a safe assumption.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 10:31 am

You can definitely get points while staying at the hotel -- you just have to explicitly run the restaurant charge directly on your Hyatt credit card -- and the server has to know how to do this properly.

I have real data points. I've done this at both Watertable in HB and Ember & Rye @ the Aviara. The restaurant points show up almost immediately after eating -- well before hotel checkout. They show up as a zero-night stay with 3x points.

Last edited by AllThePants; Sep 18, 2022 at 11:05 am
Old Sep 18, 2022, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AllThePants
You can definitely get points while staying at the hotel -- you just have to explicitly run the restaurant charge directly on your Hyatt card -- and the server has to know how to do this properly.

I have real data points. I've done this at both Watertable in HB and Ember & Rye @ the Aviara. The restaurant points show up almost immediately after eating -- well before hotel checkout. They show up as a zero-night stay with 3x points.
Agreed - I've done it also while staying at a hotel. One note: you say you need to charge to your Hyatt card. Won't any card work? I don't see where it's limited to the Hyatt cc but maybe I'm missing that nuance.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver

technically true, but Kana Kitchen at the Andaz Maui had some issue with there credit card reader, and for whatever reason, zero points. (They used the front desks card reader, which didn’t register the charge as either hotel stay or restaurant). Got zero.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
Agreed - I've done it also while staying at a hotel. One note: you say you need to charge to your Hyatt card. Won't any card work? I don't see where it's limited to the Hyatt cc but maybe I'm missing that nuance.
Hmm -- I guess that's probably true. But I put it on my Hyatt card because I get the card points associated with the spend also. So never really considered any other card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.