Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Which Park Hyatt is your favorite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Park Hyatt is your favorite?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:16 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
#1 PH Zanzibar
#2 PH St. Kitts
#3 PH Zurich
#4 PH Hamburg
#5 PH Milan (prior to any renos, It was a disappointing stay)
#6 PH Philadelphia (Bellevue today)
#7 HR Beaver Creek (PH today)
#x PH San Francisco… loooong ago
#y PH L.A. loooong ago

I generally prefer the GH over PH, so not many on my list.

PH Vienna on my list some day.
Generally don‘t do Maldives, although it looks gorgeous.

Last edited by 59Impala; Apr 1, 2022 at 1:31 pm Reason: added PH Zanzibar!!! And some others…
Old Mar 31, 2022, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
#1 PH St. Kitts
#2 PH Zurich
#3 PH Hamburg
#4 PH Milan (prior to any renos, It was a disappointing stay)
#x PH San Francisco… loooong ago.

PH SF! You've been around the block a few times. My favorite hotel in the Hyatt portfolio is the GH HK. While GHs aren't as fancy as the PHs or drum up the kind of blogospher praises, that's the hotel where I feel the most welcome, comfortable, and the proverbial "home away from home" thing.
Skink and 59Impala like this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 6:35 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Hydro88
I'm surprised to see so many people mention the PH Shanghai. In my opinion, the PH Beijing has views that are just as good, but it is in a better location, has far superior suites, and a better pool (for swimming). I've also found elite and repeat guest recognition to be better.

Have the PH Shanghai fans not stayed at the PH Beijing or what's the reason for the frequent mentions?
I visited both within a week of each other and my feeling was that the PH Beijing’s design felt almost like a “mini me” version of Shanghai. With the cool tubs the rooms were neat, but without quite the same level of quality as Shanghai.

I also have a special thing for Shanghai’s pool and its “infinity daybeds”, though I can see how Beijing is more useful if you just want to do laps.
Hydro88 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:47 pm

Of the PH I’ve stayed, the ranking is:
1. Maldives
2. Doha
3. St Kitts
4. NYC
5. DC
6. Chicago
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:48 pm
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Visconti
PH SF! You've been around the block a few times. My favorite hotel in the Hyatt portfolio is the GH HK. While GHs aren't as fancy as the PHs or drum up the kind of blogospher praises, that's the hotel where I feel the most welcome, comfortable, and the proverbial "home away from home" thing.
agree on the GH HK up until my last stay about 3 years ago. It was my go-to hotel in the late 90's and wonderful, especially the lounge. on my last stay, I was quite disappointed. It fell off of my list of favorite hotels now.

How could I forget the PH Zanzibar on my original post. It's my #1 (I'm getting old as you can tell, based on the PH S.F: ). updated my original post.
Visconti likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I've stayed at the Park Hyatt properties in Doha, Dubai, Saigon and Toronto so far - and they've each been excellent in their own ways. Doha's was crisp and new, Dubai is a timeless oasis in a city I can't stand for the life of me, Saigon was plush and residential in feel and Toronto was well-finished and polished all around. I'll have to check more hotels out so I can build a proper list and ranking!

khabah
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 1:21 am

Stayed at almost all the Park Hyatts in China and Sanya was easily the best. I haven't been to PH Shanghai as a Globalist though.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 7:12 am
Suspended

Here's my ranking -- sad how many we've lost in the US:
  1. St Kitts
  2. Vendome
  3. Milan
  4. New York Stanhope (Closed)
  5. Chicago
  6. San Francisco (Closed)
  7. Los Angeles (Closed)
  8. Highlands Inn, Carmel (no longer PH)
  9. Hamburg
  10. Beaver Creek
  11. Aviara
  12. The Bellevue, Philadelphia (no longer PH)
Visconti and 59Impala like this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 7:56 am

agree on the GH HK up until my last stay about 3 years ago. It was my go-to hotel in the late 90's and wonderful, especially the lounge. on my last stay, I was quite disappointed. It fell off of my list of favorite hotels now.
Oh, sorry to hear that. Of course, I haven't been there for quite some time and will have to see the next time I'm there if it's still the same as I remember.

How could I forget the PH Zanzibar on my original post. It's my #1 (I'm getting old as you can tell, based on the PH S.F: ). updated my original post.
LOL...me too! When asked my favorite airport landing, my answer is Kai-Tak.
59Impala likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by khabah
I've stayed at the Park Hyatt properties in Doha, Dubai, Saigon and Toronto so far - and they've each been excellent in their own ways. Doha's was crisp and new, Dubai is a timeless oasis in a city I can't stand for the life of me, Saigon was plush and residential in feel and Toronto was well-finished and polished all around. I'll have to check more hotels out so I can build a proper list and ranking!
Another three on my to-do list that I've put off. I actually had QR flights booked from HKG --> CDG with a long stopover in Doha, but, of course...er...the pandemic took care of that in short order. Now, I'm not even sure they're even flying that route.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 1:33 pm
formerly a193991

#1 PH Zanzibar
#2 PH St. Kitts
#3 PH Zurich
#4 PH Hamburg
#5 PH Milan (prior to any renos, It was a disappointing stay)
#6 PH Philadelphia (Bellevue today)
#7 HR Beaver Creek (PH today)
#x PH San Francisco… loooong ago
#y PH L.A. loooong ago

added some more converted to PH or former PH… I AM getting old
Old Apr 1, 2022, 5:07 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I'm jelly you guys have been at more PHs than me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.