Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Which Park Hyatt is your favorite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Park Hyatt is your favorite?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2021, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Of the ones I have stayed at I would rank them:

Sydney
Shanghai
Buenos Aires
Abu Dhabi
Dubai
Beijing
Saigon
Beaver Creek
Chicago

Beaver Creek and Chicago are great locations but are in need of a refresh.

Park Hyatt Sydney is an amazing location with even better views. It’s hard to beat that property if you ask me.

The Bund View Rooms/Suites in Shanghai are amazing on a clear day. You can see for miles.

Having breakfast in the garden in between the tower and the palace (in Buenos Aires) on a sunny morning is so relaxing. The rooms in the palace has fantastic charm.
Thunderroad and ACR2013 like this.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 7:32 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by lowjhg
Can’t beat a Cat 1 PH Chennai though, 5k points redemption anyone?
And recently only US$50 to 60 per night. A bargain price for an actually decent property, at least according to my friend's (GLOB for Life member) son-in-law who travels there frequently as he's in the banking business. I am planning to go when Thailand stops the 14 day quarantine requirement on re-entry.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA, Marriwood, Hyatt
Kyoto

Kyoto. Beautiful and wonderful breakfast 😆
ACR2013 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 6:36 am

MIlan and Kyoto.

Milan had a wonderful breakfast, a Michelin starred restaurant, is very close to the Duomo, great service and they upgraded us to the over-the-top 175 sqm Imperial Suite.

Kyoto for beautiful hotel, great food, lovely service, pagoda view.
ACR2013 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 7:14 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
I've only stayed at the PH Zurich, Saigon, Seoul, and Hadahaa (Maldives) but hands down the one in the Maldives was the best when it comes to amenities, service, friendliness, room and food. It's also the best value for redemptions I think.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
that’s the one, but more on the right nearer to the quay restaurant
Old Feb 18, 2021, 9:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Kyoto is simply amazing our #1
We've been to Tokyo and will return to both later this year.
ACR2013 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 10:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
PH Tokyo is my favorite but because I am a Globalist. I had a great room service breakfast and also at their restaurant, spa access, suite upgrade, complimentary Twilight Time at The Peak Bar and a nice welcome letter.... I also liked PH Aviara and PH Melbourne. PH Aviara just finished renovation so the hotel and rooms are nice and clean. You might enjoy it better if you have no status. PH Beaver Creek... used to like this place but not so much anymore. You can sometimes stay there for under $200 including resort fees.
ACR2013 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
PH Aviara just finished renovation so the hotel and rooms are nice and clean. You might enjoy it better if you have no status.
Why would this be the case?
Old Feb 18, 2021, 12:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by dkc192
Why would this be the case?
I would prefer staying at newer/nicer hotels than old/dated hotels if I don’t have status. PH Tokyo is pretty old and their standard rooms are pretty dated. As a Globalist, I could use my suite upgrade to get a suite plus other benefits. However, if I don’t get any of those, I would probably be staying at Aviara as their standard rooms are nicer. Just like I would stay at Andaz Tokyo over PH/GH Tokyo if I’m not a Globalist.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
I would prefer staying at newer/nicer hotels than old/dated hotels if I don’t have status. PH Tokyo is pretty old and their standard rooms are pretty dated. As a Globalist, I could use my suite upgrade to get a suite plus other benefits. However, if I don’t get any of those, I would probably be staying at Aviara as their standard rooms are nicer. Just like I would stay at Andaz Tokyo over PH/GH Tokyo if I’m not a Globalist.
Oh, I get it now. You were comparing the experience between Aviara and other PHs for a non-Globalist. I thought you were comparing the experience at Aviara for a non-Globalist vs a Globalist.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lowjhg
Can’t beat a Cat 1 PH Chennai though, 5k points redemption anyone?
Depends on your definition of "can't beat" but I wouldn't stay in Chennai even if they paid me 5k points a night.

For those who have to stay there I'm sure it's a great deal.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 11:22 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I've only stayed at PH Seoul, but I agree that the area and atmosphere can seem "cold". I had a good time in the bar though, and it was hilarious when they kept trying to make a drink inside an ice ball that kept breaking.

I ended up with a chest cold when I was there (it was a few years ago, not covid) and someone from management sent a bowl of korean chicken soup to my room which was a nice touch. The heated floor and fantastic shower helped get me through the rest.

PH Tokyo looked very clean, but dated even in the lobby and heading up to the bar... but like many people say, they go for the atmosphere and the music and food in the NY bar was great. Incredible view as well.

I'm interested in checking out Saigon and Siem Reap.
ACR2013 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 5:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globe, AA EXP, Marriott Gold
Zanzibar and Siem Reap are the most unique.
Maldives has best beaches (but nearly inedible food).
NYC as a globe is most luxurious.
St Kitts most underrated.
Chicago has best sushi at Nomi.
Beaver creek is easily the worst.

COVID keeps canceling my Paris, Tokyo, and Kyoto stays. (I anticipate the later being the best in the system).
ACR2013 and Living_on_Points like this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: Eurobonus, Hyatt
Originally Posted by mbmd
COVID keeps canceling my Paris, Tokyo, and Kyoto stays. (I anticipate the later being the best in the system).
IMHO, I would start with PH Tokyo.

Family & I love visiting both Tokyo & Kyoto.
If you have no need leaving the hotel, PH Tokyo is an outstanding choice. High rise views from your room, great F&B, wonderful Pool & Gym with a view, Spa is amazing. I understand the comments of rooms being outdated, but the service from staff has always made up for that. Always keeping us happy.

We stayed at PH Kyoto at the beginning of the pandemic, with many restrictions in place, making the F&B experience nice, but subpar. Our view from the room, towards the Pagoda, was wonderful and the staff was exceptional, even being more personal in their style to our liking. If a spa is a part of your expectations, PH Kyoto will disappoint. My Family still ranks this as one the best stays ever.

PH Paris is also on my bucket list.

I hope you get a chance to experience all three properties!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.