Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Which Park Hyatt is your favorite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2021, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

I tend to be collecting Park Hyatt experiences, as I enjoy this brand a lot. Which ones are your faves? I can`t select just one, so for me, it is Venna, Sydney, Busan.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 9:39 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
For me Park Hyatt St. Kitts, Zanzibar and Zurich.
ACR2013 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 9:42 pm

Only stayed Sydney, Washington und Wien. Can’t find flaw. Would return in a heart beat.
ACR2013 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Melbourne was in the top spot for me but I may re-think that if the lounge is actually permanently closed. I think I would say Milan, although I get most excited to visit Tokyo.
ACR2013 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 9:51 pm
gpy

Busan is also my favorite.
ACR2013 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by ACR2013
I tend to be collecting Park Hyatt experiences, as I enjoy this brand a lot. Which ones are your faves? I can`t select just one, so for me, it is Venna, Sydney, Busan.
Interesting. I thought Vienna was very overrated. Yes, a cool building for sure in a great location, but the experience was rather meh... that and the pool was cold, and parts of the spa were in disrepair. We did get a very nice suite for our our upgrade, but also had hot water issues, housekeeping issues, and found the bed hard as a rock. I also thought the breakfast was average.

OTOH - and I know others will disagree - I've had really great experiences at the PH NY. The physical facilities are amazing, the pool/spa area divine, and the breakfast (never had a limit imposed) absolutely delicious. Wonderful upgrades there, as well. Yes, the service isn't that great, but I'd take the PHNY over Vienna any day....
Old Feb 11, 2021, 10:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Have only stayed at PH - Chicago, Aviara and Beaver Creek, none of which were very awe inspiring.

I’d consider a follow up stay at Beaver Creek solely due to off season pricing (some nights as low as $150), but it wasn’t anything very special.

Would love to stay at PH NYC and Sydney though.
ACR2013 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Interesting. I thought Vienna was very overrated. Yes, a cool building for sure in a great location, but the experience was rather meh... that and the pool was cold, and parts of the spa were in disrepair. We did get a very nice suite for our our upgrade, but also had hot water issues, housekeeping issues, and found the bed hard as a rock. I also thought the breakfast was average.
I agree about the service, staff is far from the best. Most of the FD agents come from different Hyatt properties which are very poorly run, thus bringing that "level of service" with them to PH Vienna. That is unfortunate. But the building and decor are definitely amazing. Still one of my faves.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gpy
Busan is also my favorite.
Yes! Worth to pay extra for sea view, and the staff was very warm and professional. Such a difference from PK Seoul, that was one of the worst PH stays ever.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

It is interesting that no one has PH Paris Vendome on their top or wish list. It used to be very desirable when Chase had two free nights at any Hyatt hotels, and it was the best point value to redeem at PH Paris. Also, when the hotel had Blaise Mautin amenities it was much more attractive. I never understood the hype in reviews though, stayed there a few times because of the location and because of the redemption "value". But doesn`t worth paying either 30K or cash price.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ACR2013
Yes! Worth to pay extra for sea view, and the staff was very warm and professional. Such a difference from PK Seoul, that was one of the worst PH stays ever.
PH Seoul is just very Gangnam cold. It was a better hotel under Thomas Harlander than the current management. Busan's staff are quite warm and has the best views of any Korean Hyatt. Worth the upcharge for the Executive Marina suite.

Tokyo has a special place in my heart. Had many great meals, drinks and stays there. Also, like Zurich very much.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
St. Kitts for me.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
PH Seoul is just very Gangnam cold. It was a better hotel under Thomas Harlander than the current management. Busan's staff are quite warm and has the best views of any Korean Hyatt. Worth the upcharge for the Executive Marina suite.

Tokyo has a special place in my heart. Had many great meals, drinks and stays there. Also, like Zurich very much.
PH Busan had a great start with Marc von Arnim (who manages PH Sydney for 6 years now - wow, time really flies, it seems just like a couple of years ago when PH Busan was open). And you can`t beat Haeundae location for sure.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Busan? Really? A nice enough hotel, but nothing stood out as special to me.

Siem Reap and Zanzibar are the ones I'd return to. Great hotels, amazing suites and staff.

I also stayed in Buenos Aires at the same time as Mick Jagger. If it's good enough for Mick then who am I to argue...

Tokyo is great, but perhaps hasn't been updated as it should because some people go there because of the movie and want it to look the same.

Milan is also very good. Lovely breakfast IIRC.
ACR2013 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 3:03 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Tokyo. It's a bit awkward and dated now, but I have many fond memories and it is still a very special place.
synd, MasterPlanner and ACR2013 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.