Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt reducing elite requirements for 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt reducing elite requirements for 2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2020, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by skj
In "normal" times, the HR Maui is the only one of the 3 you list where an upgrade just for being a Glob would even be possible, if not very likely. These properties are among the most aspirational and guests who want suites will assure they get them using points, upgrade awards, or $.
Appreciate the info. In normal times would globalist at least get you upgraded to an ocean view room or is that even a stretch at these properties?
Old Dec 4, 2020, 1:22 pm

I will make Globalist during one of our booked stay next year. Any idea how soon I will get the benefits (e.g. lounge access/breakfast) during subsequent stays, which is only a few days apart?
Old Dec 4, 2020, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bronco29
I will make Globalist during one of our booked stay next year. Any idea how soon I will get the benefits (e.g. lounge access/breakfast) during subsequent stays, which is only a few days apart?
When the stay and eqns post
Old Dec 4, 2020, 4:02 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tcfersure
Appreciate the info. In normal times would globalist at least get you upgraded to an ocean view room or is that even a stretch at these properties?
I think the odds of a Glob getting an ocean view are really good at HR Maui and pretty good at GH Kauai. Many of the rooms near the club at GHK (where a Glob is likely to be assigned) are partial ocean view and those are fine too. I don't know about the Andaz ...
Old Dec 4, 2020, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skj
I think the odds of a Glob getting an ocean view are really good at HR Maui and pretty good at GH Kauai. Many of the rooms near the club at GHK (where a Glob is likely to be assigned) are partial ocean view and those are fine too. I don't know about the Andaz ...
Not too likely at the Andaz, IME. Even with a TSU, you might end up with a suite with no ocean view.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 8:00 pm

Understandable. I went to Hawaii for my honeymoon 3 years ago. Used amex FHR to book an ocean view room and got put on the top floor with one of the best views ive had in a hotel room. Then we went to kaui and used points to stay at the Grand Hyatt. We used extra points to stay in a club level room since it said it had an ocean view. We were pretty disappointed we used extra points for that. We had to step out onto our patio and look way off to one direction to see a sliver of the ocean. Also though the club lounge wasnt anything special.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 7:05 am

Any "real" Globalists pissed that plebs will game their way to the same status after only 15 nights and compete against them for upgrade or cause a dilution/devaluation of the Globalist benefits?
Old Dec 5, 2020, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Any "real" Globalists pissed that plebs will game their way to the same status after only 15 nights and compete against them for upgrade or cause a dilution/devaluation of the Globalist benefits?
Am I a “real” globalist if i qualified getting 60+ covid nights (IE much reduced rates vs previous years)?
Old Dec 5, 2020, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Nope. Hyatt has to do what it needs to do to survive in 2021, and I think this is smart.

And again...like legacy Starwood, you just have to work harder to stay at Hyatts, they aren't on every interstate & in every small town.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 7:57 am

Those same globalists will stay at a Hyatt maybe once or twice at the same time you are, they're using their globalist benefits a *lot* less than you would be.

I wouldn't put too much thought into that, especially since you have to think about how many of those people will actually book a 15 night mattress run right now during COVID19 with limited travel by Feb 28.

Rather this than Hyatt need to start shutting down locations, meaning even fewer chances for you to utilize your Globalist benefits.
Kacee and Single_Flyer like this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 10:10 am
Suspended

In case you are one of these real Globalists: Don't worry, be happy. The bulk of top-tier elites are corporate travellers. Even if the vaccinations proceed at an ideal pace, business travel will remain depressed for the entirety of 2021. I don't think I'm expressing a minority view in that. So you don't have to worry about anything for at least another year.
hoipolloi likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 12:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Nope. Hyatt has to do what it needs to do to survive in 2021, and I think this is smart.
Originally Posted by PilotH
Those same globalists will stay at a Hyatt maybe once or twice at the same time you are, they're using their globalist benefits a *lot* less than you would be.
Yeah this is literally me. Instead of staying at Ritz/St. Regis/Edition/Autograph or Kimpton in 2021/2022, I'll be staying 8-10 times at Park Hyatt, Andaz, Unbound and maybe the odd Grand Hyatt or Alila. And I'll use TSU wherever it's an option. The places I travel for work don't have good Hyatt options so I'll be no competition another 8 weeks out of the year. Will Hyatt be making any money off me over the next two years? Probably not much, but what little revenue I represent will be going to them. And who knows, maybe it will stick. Hyatt seems to have great luxury options in many of the places I want to go when things open up again.

I'm doing a 45 night mattress run starting today for about $3,500. I purchased the max allowed Hyatt points this year, so I'm also looking at this as a way to generate points for Cat 7 stays as well as Globalist.
Pocatello and hoipolloi like this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 1:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I qualified by actually staying about 70 actual Nights this year, so I guess I’m a “real” Globalist.

I see it as the group you’re referring to, that some are dubbing “Globalist Lite”, will likely stay 10-15 Nights at Full Service properties and they likely will not requalify in 2022. I view it the same as Globalists qualifying through Fast Track Promos, no one really sees a problem with those. I feel like Hyatt noticed a significant amount of people being interested in staying to earn the double nights 1/1-1/4, especially after the Forbes article. They are capitalizing on this by extending the promotion. Q1 has been historically a low season so this is definitely a way to get people in the door and spending decent amounts.

Also, I feel like properties will prioritize Globalists who’ve stayed with them over first time stay Globalists. Not to mention that the Globalists you’re referring to also won’t have TSU’s or the Cat 1-7 Certificate, Which will likely keep them away from Category 7 Properties like Andaz Maui, Park Hyatt NYC and so on.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Originally Posted by khabah
Given this proviso from the current Bonus Journeys promotion:

Tier-Qualifying Nights on stays completed during the Promotion Period will also count as bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits for 2021. Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits do not qualify for fast-track, quick qualify, or other elite tier qualification offers.

Does this mean that any bonus nights received from the promotion that roll into 2021 don't count towards status in 2021?

khabah

EDIT: Whoops. Literally missed this part in the main headline:

"All nights count twice for everyone - once when they're earned and again in 2021 toward elite status and Milestone Rewards"

So basically, stay 15 nights before promo end on 1/28/2021 and that's 30 nights?
Please clarify - why 1/28/2021 - it should be 2/28/2021 - right?
Old Dec 5, 2020, 5:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by ACC2008
Please clarify - why 1/28/2021 - it should be 2/28/2021 - right?
Yes, the current promo ends on February 28, 2021.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.