FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt reducing elite requirements for 2021 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2029433-hyatt-reducing-elite-requirements-2021-a.html)

AndyKehn Nov 30, 2020 9:08 am

Hyatt reducing elite requirements for 2021

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/info/cor...alertbanner_en

No change to milestone rewards

Earning Elite Status in 2021: To provide even more flexibility, we are lowering the requirements by 50% for earning all elite tiers in 2021. This means that members will be able to qualify or requalify for elite status with half the Tier-Qualifying Nights or Base Points. With the 50% reduction in requirements:

· Discoverist status will require five Tier-Qualifying Nights or 12,500 Base Points
· Explorist status will require 15 Tier-Qualifying Nights or 25,000 Base Points
· Globalist status will require 30 Tier-Qualifying Nights or 50,000 Base Points

Hopefully they won't extend 2019 status to 2021. This combined with the rolloiver night promo is enough.

A certain Nashville hotel is going to see so many cancellations

myperks Nov 30, 2020 9:18 am

Originally Posted by AndyKehn (Post 32852960)
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/info/cor...alertbanner_en

No change to milestone rewards

Earning Elite Status in 2021: To provide even more flexibility, we are lowering the requirements by 50% for earning all elite tiers in 2021. This means that members will be able to qualify or requalify for elite status with half the Tier-Qualifying Nights or Base Points. With the 50% reduction in requirements:

· Discoverist status will require five Tier-Qualifying Nights or 12,500 Base Points
· Explorist status will require 15 Tier-Qualifying Nights or 25,000 Base Points
· Globalist status will require 30 Tier-Qualifying Nights or 50,000 Base Points

Hopefully they won't extend 2019 status to 2021. This combined with the rolloiver night promo is enough.

A certain Nashville hotel is going to see so many cancellations

wow... no more end of the year MR then... lol

craigthemif Nov 30, 2020 9:20 am

Originally Posted by myperks (Post 32852980)
wow... no more end of the MR then... lol

15 nights before February will do it.

So where's that thread where everybody insisted that Hyatt won't do what Hilton is doing... :p

MSPeconomist Nov 30, 2020 9:25 am

Wow. I'm surprised, especially with the timing of the announcement.

khabah Nov 30, 2020 9:28 am

Given this proviso from the current Bonus Journeys promotion:

Tier-Qualifying Nights on stays completed during the Promotion Period will also count as bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits for 2021. Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits do not qualify for fast-track, quick qualify, or other elite tier qualification offers.

Does this mean that any bonus nights received from the promotion that roll into 2021 don't count towards status in 2021?

khabah

EDIT: Whoops. Literally missed this part in the main headline:

"All nights count twice for everyone - once when they're earned and again in 2021 toward elite status and Milestone Rewards"

So basically, stay 15 nights before promo end on 1/28/2021 and that's 30 nights?

coleslaw Nov 30, 2020 9:30 am

Originally Posted by khabah (Post 32853006)
Does this mean that any bonus nights received from the promotion that roll into 2021 don't count towards status in 2021?

That would be pretty crazy (and make it a nightmare to track)!

MSPeconomist Nov 30, 2020 9:31 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 32852988)
15 nights before February will do it.

So where's that thread where everybody insisted that Hyatt won't do what Hilton is doing... :p

HUH? Don't you mean fifteen nights in a single stay, with checkout during the January 1-4 interval?

BTW, with rollover nights since October 1st, I wonder how many have already (re)qualified.

Also, BTW, apparently it still requires 50 nights to get any TSUs.

Colin Nov 30, 2020 9:43 am

the key, for me, is the milestone awards, mainly the TSUs and Cat7 cert. and we have silence on those, so assuming I still need to hit 60 in 2021 still.

mbmd Nov 30, 2020 9:43 am

There’s going to be a major glut of top tier elites for the next two years. Say good bye to 90-95% suite upgrade at checkin. The only saving grace is that I have so many leftover certs from canceled trips that I may start applying them to 1/2 night stays.

AndyKehn Nov 30, 2020 9:44 am

15 nights before 2/28 would get you from 0 to globalist. Talk about a huge devaluation lol Oh well

mbmd Nov 30, 2020 10:00 am

Originally Posted by AndyKehn (Post 32853045)
15 nights before 2/28 would get you from 0 to globalist. Talk about a huge devaluation lol Oh well

Really only need 13 if you have the credit card.

Kacee Nov 30, 2020 10:09 am

Most of the questions are addresed in the FAQ: COVID-19 FAQ

Bonus rollover nights will count. As already noted above, this means credit card holders can requalify with 13 nights during the promo period.

Milestone reward requirements (e.g., TSU) are not changing. So you will have to clear 50/60 to get TSUs.

As far as this causing a glut of Globalists, I suspect Hyatt is doing this based on what their data show, and their data must show a huge drop in Globalist stays. Which would make sense assuming that most Globalists are business travelers.

skywalkerLAX Nov 30, 2020 10:19 am

Originally Posted by khabah (Post 32853006)

"All nights count twice for everyone - once when they're earned and again in 2021 toward elite status and Milestone Rewards"

So basically, stay 15 nights before promo end on 1/28/2021 and that's 30 nights?

Am I the only one who reads it as if they interpret this by calendar year (as per usual with status nights)!?

skywalkerLAX Nov 30, 2020 10:22 am

Originally Posted by mbmd (Post 32853044)
There’s going to be a major glut of top tier elites for the next two years. Say good bye to 90-95% suite upgrade at checkin. The only saving grace is that I have so many leftover certs from canceled trips that I may start applying them to 1/2 night stays.

Based on what data? Us few "freaks" here on FT?

30 nights are still a lot of nights for a year where most travel will be in the toilet and I'm expecting 2021 to be just that. Talked to a bunch of hotel GM/SM these last few months and none of them expects good business in 2021.

khabah Nov 30, 2020 10:29 am

I don’t know why Hyatt’s promo/s have caused so much confusion. Hilton, for instance, was straightforward when they said nights counts double this year and all rollover for next year. Simple. But with Hyatt’s one night in 2020 = one night in 2021, 30 nights for Globalist in 2021 and now stuff I’m reading about 15 nights by the end of February 2021 to get Globalist has my head spinning.

Can anyone explain, in delightfully simple terms, how 15 nights for any newbie can get them Globalist by February 2021? I’m not trying to be dense, just - confused. And before any posters here fret about more nasty bottom-feeders clawing at the golden Globalist egg, I’m an Explorist with one night during the promo period looking for a chance to taste Hyatt’s best.

Thanks in advance!

khabah