Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt reducing elite requirements for 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt reducing elite requirements for 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2021, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Exactly. I personally have no desire whatsoever going to a place like McAllen, Texas, which is like the middle of nowhere. So if there's a Marriott or a Hilton, but no Hyatt, I really don't think it's that big a deal.
McAllen, Texas is hardly the middle of nowhere. It's in the middle of the densely populated Rio Grande Valley, one of the country's largest agricultural regions, it's adjacent to Mexico and it's very popular with "snowbirds" from the American MidWest and from Canada.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by JetAway
McAllen, Texas is hardly the middle of nowhere. It's in the middle of the densely populated Rio Grande Valley, one of the country's largest agricultural regions, it's adjacent to Mexico and it's very popular with "snowbirds" from the American MidWest and from Canada.
I think I should have used Google Maps and looked up a small town. lol!
Old Jan 3, 2021, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I don’t disagree with you. For years people anti Starwood used footprint against them, with many now making the same argument against Hyatt. Hyatt has smartly ramped up partnerships and acquisitions to go along with organic growth.
I recall this debate after the news of Marriott taking over the SPG program and portfolio. The footprint talking point never resonated with me, though I can appreciate where it may for those road warriors out there. For my purposes, I'd prefer having less but higher quality properties--the less is more thing. And, for places I visit where Hyatt may not be represented, it's no great trial to find alternative accomodations.

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
~70% of those Marriott and Hilton properties are limited service hotels I don’t want to stay in that are in locations I will never go to, so that helps even things out in my personal calculation.
Even with Hyatt's "limited" footprint, there are many locations and properties I'll never have reason to visit, let alone the gazillion Marriott and SPG combined properties. Not that I'm opposed to visiting any of those places, but I'd just need a reason or motivation to do so.
EuropeanPete, UA-NYC and lsquare like this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
People wont actually get their bonus nights any time soon. Adjust your expectation accordingly.
Wait, what?
The bonus nights won't post together when points/QNs usually post following a stay?
Old Jan 3, 2021, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by agjil
Wait, what?
The bonus nights won't post together when points/QNs usually post following a stay?
They haven’t been so far.

Nobody knows for sure when they’ll actually post. Based on the terms of the promotion Hyatt still have a few months to post the 2021 bonus nights.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
They haven’t been so far.

Nobody knows for sure when they’ll actually post. Based on the terms of the promotion Hyatt still have a few months to post the 2021 bonus nights.
Uh oh, that's not good.
Had plans to use Globalist benefits at a property 2 weeks after a run for 30 nights that would qualify me for Globalist status.
I guess I should not expect to hit Globalist within 2 weeks of check out then...
Old Jan 3, 2021, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Uh oh, that's not good.
Had plans to use Globalist benefits at a property 2 weeks after a run for 30 nights that would qualify me for Globalist status.
I guess I should not expect to hit Globalist within 2 weeks of check out then...
There’s a chance you’ll have it by then, but you shouldn’t expect to have it based on the terms of the promotion.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
There’s a chance you’ll have it by then, but you shouldn’t expect to have it based on the terms of the promotion.
Thanks, fingers crossed-!
Old Jan 3, 2021, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Uh oh, that's not good.
Don't get your hopes up...
Old Jan 3, 2021, 10:06 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
I have no insight on typical bonus nights posting on promotions etc but was very surprised that I received my Discoverist status and 5 elite nights yesterday morning after being approved the afternoon of 12/31/20. I am glad the conversation came up though as I would have expected the double elite nights to have posted more immediately.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
Just got the email welcoming me to another year of Globalist. Having read the T&C, and having been admonished in this chain not to anticipate receiving my bonus nights before March, I had set my psychological alarm clock accordingly. As of yesterday my counter showed 13 nights for 2021: the five annual credit card nights and eight nights (not 16) for an eight-night stay I completed a couple of days ago. But suddenly I also have the bonus nights for the 32 nights I stayed between October and December of 2020, for a total of 45 so far during 2021. Interestingly, I have not yet gotten the bonus nights for the eight-night stay I completed on January 6. Maybe those, and the bonus nights for my several upcoming stays over the next few weeks, are what will come in March.
Kacee, synergistic and cuthroat like this.

Last edited by Assimilated Cajun; Jan 8, 2021 at 8:00 pm Reason: Seller's remorse
Old Jan 9, 2021, 10:11 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
I think I got double nights for one of my one night stays. I have 10 nights due to credit card and 2 one night stays but have 13 elite nights so far. I notice in activity that I have reward bonus posting on 1/1 (credit card sign up on 12/31), on 1/5 (when the second 5 elite nights posted) and finally on 1/7 which is when I noticed the additional 1 night credit. The stay was on 1/2 and checking out on 1/3. Just a single data point but leads me to believe the double nights might post sooner.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by mcgahat
I think I got double nights for one of my one night stays. I have 10 nights due to credit card and 2 one night stays but have 13 elite nights so far. I notice in activity that I have reward bonus posting on 1/1 (credit card sign up on 12/31), on 1/5 (when the second 5 elite nights posted) and finally on 1/7 which is when I noticed the additional 1 night credit. The stay was on 1/2 and checking out on 1/3. Just a single data point but leads me to believe the double nights might post sooner.
the main promo thread shows bonus nights posting started earlier this week and going forward.

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"
mcgahat likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 12:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Came back to this thread based on prior discussion to say that my Concierge has been great. Just the ability to send a simple but clearly written email to her and get back a confirmation within 24 hours is so helpful. She even got someone to cover her inbox while she was out so my most recent request was fulfilled within 12 hours. I especially love the ability to reserve awards before having the points. I'd been stressing about timing transfers from my wife and FIL account for a family trip to Japan later in the year. She mentioned she could hold the award while I wait for the points to be accumulated. Not sure if this is an option for non-Globalists, or if you can do this with the regular CSRs, but regardless I'm pretty happy with the Concierge experience so far.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 1:08 am

This sounds great. What other types of perks can you get with the concierge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.