Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt reducing elite requirements for 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt reducing elite requirements for 2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2020, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Any "real" Globalists pissed that plebs will game their way to the same status after only 15 nights and compete against them for upgrade or cause a dilution/devaluation of the Globalist benefits?
I'm a "real" Globalist and couldn't care less, especially not when the question includes a childish term like "plebs."
Old Dec 5, 2020, 9:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Cotton Candy Lobster
I'm a "real" Globalist and couldn't care less, especially not when the question includes a childish term like "plebs."
You used a double negative which infers you actually care a lot.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Matt4200
You used a double negative which infers you actually care a lot.
Where’s the double negative?
Old Dec 5, 2020, 9:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Where’s the double negative?
Old Dec 5, 2020, 10:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Cut with the childish OT thread poisoning.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 11:31 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Kacee
Cut with the childish OT thread poisoning.
ditto

peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old Dec 6, 2020, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by joachimm
Yeah this is literally me. Instead of staying at Ritz/St. Regis/Edition/Autograph or Kimpton in 2021/2022, I'll be staying 8-10 times at Park Hyatt, Andaz, Unbound and maybe the odd Grand Hyatt or Alila. And I'll use TSU wherever it's an option. The places I travel for work don't have good Hyatt options so I'll be no competition another 8 weeks out of the year. Will Hyatt be making any money off me over the next two years? Probably not much, but what little revenue I represent will be going to them. And who knows, maybe it will stick. Hyatt seems to have great luxury options in many of the places I want to go when things open up again.

I'm doing a 45 night mattress run starting today for about $3,500. I purchased the max allowed Hyatt points this year, so I'm also looking at this as a way to generate points for Cat 7 stays as well as Globalist.
May I ask the value in a 45 day mattress run starting Dec 5? I am assuming you don’t need the hotel stay since you called it a mattress run. Will you receive 90 nights credit in 2021?
Old Dec 6, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Newbie questions: The program is complicated, but I have been studying the rules.

I am trying to get Globalist by the 30 qual stays in Jan/Feb 2021. I have had the WOH credit card since Dec 2019 with a monthly cut off on the 4th. I am Discoverist now with 7 Tier Qual nights YTD and 60k points.

I assume the 7 tier Qual nights in my acct will not carry over to 2021 (be 0 out 31 Dec 2020) - correct?
Starting Jan 2021, do I get some new Tier Qual nights credited to my Hyatt acct from my credit card - or not?
I will pay for some "free" hotel stays in Jan with my 60k points (at low cost places). Believe these count 2x for Tier Qual if used in 2021. Correct? 5 free stays = 10 Tier Qual Nights
I also can spend about $10,000 on Hyatt credit card between now and 2/28/21. If I spend some in DEC, do these $$ not count toward the Tier Qual points for Jan? (eg. spend $2,000 in DEC and $3,000 in Jan, but only the $3,000 count toward 2021 Tier Qual nights???) ? Or do the Dec Spend accumulate into Jan to get to the $5,000 spend = 2 Tier Qual Points?
I assume regular Dec spending does not hit Hyatt acct until Jan as my credit card cut-off date is 4 Jan, so those reg ponts can be use for "free" stays after the Jan cut-off.? Correct?

I assume if I can get +/- 26 Tier Qual points Jan - Feb with hotel stays (free and paid) and get the rest a few months after Feb from the Credit Card $10,000 spend = 4 Tier Qual Points OR if needed, a stay although only 1 Tier Qual Stay each). This assuming I will not get any Tier Qual Stays in Jan just for having the Hyarr credit card. Correct?

Hope this makes sense. Thanks for your patience with this newbie to Hyatt.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by SAPMAN
Newbie questions: The program is complicated, but I have been studying the rules.

I am trying to get Globalist by the 30 qual stays in Jan/Feb 2021. I have had the WOH credit card since Dec 2019 with a monthly cut off on the 4th. I am Discoverist now with 7 Tier Qual nights YTD and 60k points.

I assume the 7 tier Qual nights in my acct will not carry over to 2021 (be 0 out 31 Dec 2020) - correct?
Starting Jan 2021, do I get some new Tier Qual nights credited to my Hyatt acct from my credit card - or not?
I will pay for some "free" hotel stays in Jan with my 60k points (at low cost places). Believe these count 2x for Tier Qual if used in 2021. Correct? 5 free stays = 10 Tier Qual Nights
I also can spend about $10,000 on Hyatt credit card between now and 2/28/21. If I spend some in DEC, do these $$ not count toward the Tier Qual points for Jan? (eg. spend $2,000 in DEC and $3,000 in Jan, but only the $3,000 count toward 2021 Tier Qual nights???) ? Or do the Dec Spend accumulate into Jan to get to the $5,000 spend = 2 Tier Qual Points?
I assume regular Dec spending does not hit Hyatt acct until Jan as my credit card cut-off date is 4 Jan, so those reg ponts can be use for "free" stays after the Jan cut-off.? Correct?

I assume if I can get +/- 26 Tier Qual points Jan - Feb with hotel stays (free and paid) and get the rest a few months after Feb from the Credit Card $10,000 spend = 4 Tier Qual Points OR if needed, a stay although only 1 Tier Qual Stay each). This assuming I will not get any Tier Qual Stays in Jan just for having the Hyarr credit card. Correct?

Hope this makes sense. Thanks for your patience with this newbie to Hyatt.
1. Unless the stays were in Q4 (after October 1), they will not carry over.
2. Yes, you will get 5 nights for 2021.
3. They should count twice. Remember also that points stays through February will get a 25 percent rebate since you hold a Hyatt credit card.
4. Until Jan 1, 2022 (possibly, I'm actually not clear if the spend reset applies to night credits or just the anniversary free night) spend accumulates across calendar years and the date of whichever purchase put you over the $5k mark will be what counts for 2 nights. So those nights should post for 2021 if you hit $5k in January.
5. That's right.
6. As you suspected in question 2, you get 5 nights annually just from having the credit card, so factor that into your calculations. Otherwise correct. Some term ambiguity here though. Hyatt no longer counts "stays" as separate metrics; they only count nights and base points for status now.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
1. Unless the stays were in Q4 (after October 1), they will not carry over.
2. Yes, you will get 5 nights for 2021.
3. They should count twice. Remember also that points stays through February will get a 25 percent rebate since you hold a Hyatt credit card.
4. Until Jan 1, 2022 (possibly, I'm actually not clear if the spend reset applies to night credits or just the anniversary free night) spend accumulates across calendar years and the date of whichever purchase put you over the $5k mark will be what counts for 2 nights. So those nights should post for 2021 if you hit $5k in January.
5. That's right.
6. As you suspected in question 2, you get 5 nights annually just from having the credit card, so factor that into your calculations. Otherwise correct. Some term ambiguity here though. Hyatt no longer counts "stays" as separate metrics; they only count nights and base points for status now.
-------
Cotton Candy, Thanks SO much for the reply. It all is becoming clearer now. And especially for the info on 25% rebate on point free nights. I had heard, but forgot that.
Two clairifcations:
1. You state I will get 5 "Elite night credits" for having the WOH cr card in 2021. Do you know if these post in Jan or early Feb of 2021? (I like to see where I am early in the game to be sure I have the count correctly before the 2x points stop on 2/28. So I only need to earn 25 points in 2021 by nights stays or $5,000 spending (2 night credits) on Cr card to reach Globalist?
2. Do you know if the 25% rebate for point stays you mentioned get posted back to my Hyatt acct fairly quickly after the stays? If I do this early Jan, I would like to use the points for stays before end of Feb.
I am an expert in all things Southwest airlines, but have lots to learn about Hyatt - fast becoming my go to hotel chain. Thanks again.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 8:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
May I ask the value in a 45 day mattress run starting Dec 5? I am assuming you don’t need the hotel stay since you called it a mattress run. Will you receive 90 nights credit in 2021?
Yes the stay that started in 2020 but ended in 2021 will fully credit to 2021. Personally I just want to get it over with asap. I've just found that if I hesitate in this game I usually lose.

I expect to receive Globalist after I check out on Jan 2nd because I'll also have 5 nights from the credit card. Then I'll receive 2 suite upgrades at 45 nights in mid January. Then when the bonus nights post after the end of the promo in March, I'll be at 95 nights and receive 5 suite upgrades for hitting 60, 70, 80, and 90 nights. Then I'll receive one more suite upgrade after I stay another 5 nights during 2021. Have a trip planned in October and will likely apply the first two at the Park Hyatt Kyoto (hence the urgency). I'll probably burn a few across Central and Southern Europe in 21-2022 (Milan, Vienna, Budapest).

I don't need the room, but my wife offered it up to the rest of the family and now all of a sudden people want to get in on a free room. Making me a little nervous because I'll either have to meet folks and give them the key, or put them on the reservation. The front desk said I could add and remove people if they needed to get keys. They were pretty chill and happy to see me.

Edit to say: there's a chance I will get screwed here, if Massachusetts goes on lockdown in December. I'm hoping the protocol would be that current guests can stay and the hotel would just disregard that I'm not actually there. But They could also cancel my reservation and I'd be out the cost of the room minus the value of the points generated.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 10:33 pm

-------
Cotton Candy, Thanks SO much for the reply. It all is becoming clearer now. And especially for the info on 25% rebate on point free nights. I had heard, but forgot that.
Two clairifcations:
1. You state I will get 5 "Elite night credits" for having the WOH cr card in 2021. Do you know if these post in Jan or early Feb of 2021? (I like to see where I am early in the game to be sure I have the count correctly before the 2x points stop on 2/28. So I only need to earn 25 points in 2021 by nights stays or $5,000 spending (2 night credits) on Cr card to reach Globalist?
2. Do you know if the 25% rebate for point stays you mentioned get posted back to my Hyatt acct fairly quickly after the stays? If I do this early Jan, I would like to use the points for stays before end of Feb.
I am an expert in all things Southwest airlines, but have lots to learn about Hyatt - fast becoming my go to hotel chain. Thanks again.
1. 2021 will be my first full year with the card, so I'll defer on this. I got the card in mid-January 2020 and the nights posted shortly after. My guess is January, but someone should chime in to make doubly sure that's right.
2. You'll get the points back in two rounds, one 15 percent round for everyone and a 10 percent round for Hyatt cardholders. I haven't done a lot of points bookings for this period, but both times the rebates were posted within 2-10 days.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 7:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
-------
Two clairifcations:
Be careful with the terminology. You seem to be confusing points and nights. Assuming that you're not trying to qualify for Glob status based on spend (base points), you should be looking at 25 NIGHTS not 25 points, etc.

Through February, points are (at least) tripled while nights are doubled.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 9:55 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

To Echo Cotton Candy Lobster the 5 nights credit posted by Chase has been quite timely historically posting
with some immediacy in my own experience and some of those I hear from who are also CC holders. .
As for point rebates and decades with Hyatt Gold Passport and now WOH promotions agents are told
to say 6 to 8 weeks to post which essentially covers them for screw ups
Having said that I have noticed that when things are transmitted properly I would agree 24 hours to a week on average
The problem is if it happens to go through correctly.That's the big If even if most of the time it does.YMMV
Hyatt now has many new brands and partner relationships that can take longer to post.
As one long time example of issues has been MGM properties
Though I have had good luck myself in recent years others still seem to struggle and there are a number of reasons
too complicated to go into detail here that could help to reduce the failure rate of MGM properties posting properly
Hope everything works out just as expected and in a timely manor
Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Dec 7, 2020 at 10:04 am
Old Dec 31, 2020, 8:40 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Is anyone following this roadmap? https://millionmilesecrets.com/guide...ts%20in%202021.

So, if I apply for the Hyatt card today and get approved today I would hit 10 elite nights, 5 for 2020 and 5 for 2021?

I was thinking about doing a mattress run to hit globalist as I can get into pretty cheap stays in the DC area of about $68/night. Very tempting, even for someone that doesn't stay at Hyatt properties a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.