Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2021, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by oneeyejack
Mine posted at 3:33 pm PST. ! w00t!
mine too. The past stays detail doesn’t show the 2x bonus nights but they are included in the total.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Boraxo
mine too. The past stays detail doesn’t show the 2x bonus nights but they are included in the total.
They post as separate line items. Bonus Journeys Bonus Nights.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 5:34 pm

Programs: free agent
Couldn’t take advantage of double night promo due to family commitments so I wonder if AGU HP is cool with 30 night stay but I have no intention to stay beyond 1 or 2 night. I assume they see a lot of Hyatt mattress runners? If not then probably do some nights in dfw or iah or my PIT airport HP.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 7:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Couldn’t take advantage of double night promo due to family commitments so I wonder if AGU HP is cool with 30 night stay but I have no intention to stay beyond 1 or 2 night. I assume they see a lot of Hyatt mattress runners? If not then probably do some nights in dfw or iah or my PIT airport HP.
Not being there for days on end risks confusion. . . .and getting checked out by mistake. If you go that way make sure the hotel understands the plan and consents to it. Some do. Some maybe not. Less risk of misunderstanding is shorter multiple stays where you come and go. But your call.
washeelers747 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 8:22 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by jayer
Not being there for days on end risks confusion. . . .and getting checked out by mistake. If you go that way make sure the hotel understands the plan and consents to it. Some do. Some maybe not. Less risk of misunderstanding is shorter multiple stays where you come and go. But your call.
agreed and think I’ll hold that property off. Probably make sense to focus on hitting globalist lite first then see what happen during rest of the year to justify the chase to globalist.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 2:56 pm

To get to 30 Hyatt nights to attain Globalist, I still need 21 more nights. Wonder if it is worth the effort? Earlier in the year when Hyatt incentives were great, I was ill and focused on recovery. Now I am having to make a decision. In 2022, it would be nice to be a Globalist. Decisions, decisions.
Pocatello and hp12c like this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Lou123
To get to 30 Hyatt nights to attain Globalist, I still need 21 more nights. Wonder if it is worth the effort? Earlier in the year when Hyatt incentives were great, I was ill and focused on recovery. Now I am having to make a decision. In 2022, it would be nice to be a Globalist. Decisions, decisions.
Halfway through the year, three weeks in a hotel is a lot. Prices are also a lot higher now vs 3 months ago.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I went out of my way to become a Globalist based on the situation in early 2021. I would not at all be inspired to do so based on the situation today.
cfabar1 and hp12c like this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 3:16 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Since you won't get the TSUs or the Cat 1-7 cert (they're milestone rewards still earned at 50 and 60 nights), I struggle to think of a scenario where mattress running would make sense for you. You'd basically be spending thousands of dollars for breakfast, higher point earnings, no resort fees, later checkout, a chance at suite upgrades at check-in, and free parking on award stays.

All that being said, if you're going to get those nights organically, then by all means it's probably still worth it as compared to trying to go to Marriott or Hilton where those 21 nights won't get you anything meaningful.
Boraxo and WasKnown like this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I went out of my way to become a Globalist based on the situation in early 2021. I would not at all be inspired to do so based on the situation today.
Why not? If anything it is more valuable now as Marriott is still operating at the bare minimum level at many locations whereas Hyatt (IMO) is doing a much better job of providing elite service and benefits.
HPN-HRL, UA-NYC and Pocatello like this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Why not? If anything it is more valuable now as Marriott is still operating at the bare minimum level at many locations whereas Hyatt (IMO) is doing a much better job of providing elite service and benefits.
For one thing, it now requires double the nights that it required during early 2021. Another is that you earn far fewer points now.

I don't travel enough to need status at hotel. It's only nice to have for me, so I wouldn't have settled for anything less than that promotion to obtain it.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A mattress run is strictly a cost-benefit analysis. Add up the anticipated value of benefits (extra points, free breakfasts, waived parking and resort fees, and maybe a couple of Cat4 certs) and subtract the cost of any mattress runs.

For me it was worth it to have status from now through early 2023. But you’re right - the 2x EQN promo earlier this year made it much cheaper than it is to do it now.
hp12c likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 11:24 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by hp12c
Since you won't get the TSUs or the Cat 1-7 cert (they're milestone rewards still earned at 50 and 60 nights), I struggle to think of a scenario where mattress running would make sense for you. You'd basically be spending thousands of dollars for breakfast, higher point earnings, no resort fees, later checkout, a chance at suite upgrades at check-in, and free parking on award stays.

All that being said, if you're going to get those nights organically, then by all means it's probably still worth it as compared to trying to go to Marriott or Hilton where those 21 nights won't get you anything meaningful.
There's also the question of how many nights you'd gain organically. If you'd "naturally" get 10 nights and could get another few via a CC, then running another 5-6 might make sense. Running 21 for status is a LOT touchier (unless you're expecting a heavy travel year next year and/or have a LOT of points you expect to extract free parking/resort fees on relatively early next year or late this year).
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 8:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Given the possibility of mattress runs on award nights for 4000 Hyatt points per night or less, that means spending 84k points or less to get Globalist. At least 10 of those 21 nights come back with a Category 1-4 award night, and I'd probably value that as 8k-10k points back, so a net cost of 74k-76k points to upgrade the status.

If you have a lot of family members and friends who have lots of Hyatt points or can easily get them from transferring Chase points to Hyatt or something else, then the net cost of 74k-76k points to upgrade the status may be more easily justifiable given the Guest of Honor angle.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 7:26 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Halfway through the year, three weeks in a hotel is a lot. Prices are also a lot higher now vs 3 months ago.
That is the issue lately, seems all the hotel chains are trying to make up for the low rates previously. it was a no brainer going for Globalist earlier this year with the 2x promo, getting elite night credits for $28 to $35 per. Can't touch that now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.