Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DiscoPapa
My bonus nights posted last night!
That's a little unusual.

What dates was your stay (/were your stays) for that got the bonus last night?
Old Mar 3, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by coleslaw
That's a little unusual.

What dates was your stay (/were your stays) for that got the bonus last night?
You know what, now that I think about it - I think it was credit card spend nights that posted. My apologies for the confusion. Yes, I did make Globalist! I'll still have a few more bonus nights to look forward to, then.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by DiscoPapa
You know what, now that I think about it - I think it was credit card spend nights that posted. My apologies for the confusion. Yes, I did make Globalist! I'll still have a few more bonus nights to look forward to, then.
Duuude, major false alarm. You had me frantically checking my app to see if my bonus nights had posted too hahaha
shand32783 and fotoflyer88 like this.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 11:31 pm

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
I’m 32 nights in, with 6 nights on the calendar for March.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 12:21 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
I'm at 32, with three pending bonus nights from Bonus Journeys. I'll probably manage to add at least two to four "en route" nights over the next few weeks on some trips (Marriott's current promo does nada there), with "destination nights" being a bit more of a toss-up (some of those may spill to Marriott so I can knock out status there for now/keep chipping away at LT status with the double night credits, or because of cost differentials and footprint issues).

I've also got a bunch of free night awards that are piled up...that is getting to be a bit amusing (I'm used to having 1-2 of those "lying around"; I've got five and this promo will probably put me at six[!] because of spill-over from last year and the CC shift). I'll probably end up cashing them at the Grand Cypress or somewhere similar at this rate. But if my travel runs like it has been as of late (i.e. lots of trips to Orlando and not a lot of travel to conventions/events), accounting for CC spend I would not be surprised to make it up into the 60-80 night range with Hyatt this year.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 6:35 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
I'm currently sitting on 27 nights with 2 bonus nights coming from promo + 2 from Hyatt card which will make 31
Old Mar 4, 2021, 6:36 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by buzglyd
Plus all the content seems like it’s written by 12 year olds.
Also been noticing that TPG got rid of their comment section - which had better content and banter than the article itself...
Old Mar 4, 2021, 7:31 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
Also been noticing that TPG got rid of their comment section - which had better content and banter than the article itself...
That happened after one of their millennials wrote an article about how afraid for her life she was when she say a Trump gathering and people had pickup trucks and were enjoying themselves on the beach. No one was rude to her or even noticed her but she was so, so afraid.

And you’re right, the comments had more useful information than the actual articles
Old Mar 4, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by buzglyd
That happened after one of their millennials wrote an article about how afraid for her life she was when she say a Trump gathering and people had pickup trucks and were enjoying themselves on the beach. No one was rude to her or even noticed her but she was so, so afraid.

And you’re right, the comments had more useful information than the actual articles
Without the comment sections, I stopped visiting. Totally agree!
Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:29 am

Not sure if this is the right thread (but it's sort of a "mattress run") - I'm 7 nights away from Globalist, and was thinking the easiest (and cheapest) way to get there is to put 20k of my tax bill on my world of hyatt credit card to generate 8 qualified nights. It will cost me about $400, but close to where I live, there's no mattress runs that will come even close to being less expensive than that, and for an upcoming stay in Maui, we'll get over $1,500 worth of benefits (waived resort fees + free breakfast for 2 rooms). Is there something I'm missing here? It seems almost like a no brainer which is why I'm nervous I'm not calculating something correctly...8.6.1
Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by kthpence
Not sure if this is the right thread (but it's sort of a "mattress run") - I'm 7 nights away from Globalist, and was thinking the easiest (and cheapest) way to get there is to put 20k of my tax bill on my world of hyatt credit card to generate 8 qualified nights. It will cost me about $400, but close to where I live, there's no mattress runs that will come even close to being less expensive than that, and for an upcoming stay in Maui, we'll get over $1,500 worth of benefits (waived resort fees + free breakfast for 2 rooms). Is there something I'm missing here? It seems almost like a no brainer which is why I'm nervous I'm not calculating something correctly...8.6.1
seems like that is the cheapest and the fastest without last months double qualifying nights. You will definitely get the free night cert for spending $15k if you haven’t already received it. Just note that the elite nights posts after your statement closes. So depending on when you are going, you need to time it correctly for this route to work.

Not sure if you are in SF city or around the Bay Area, an option is the office rates for 7 days. Some around the bay are only $60-$70 a day plus tax. So assuming $70 after tax, you need 7 nights = $490... the extra $90 will get you 7 night credit towards the current promo and at least 10,000 points and a cert at 10 nights. But you need to check in.

Seems both options are about the same to me.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by myperks
seems like that is the cheapest and the fastest without last months double qualifying nights. You will definitely get the free night cert for spending $15k if you haven’t already received it. Just note that the elite nights posts after your statement closes. So depending on when you are going, you need to time it correctly for this route to work.

Not sure if you are in SF city or around the Bay Area, an option is the office rates for 7 days. Some around the bay are only $60-$70 a day plus tax. So assuming $70 after tax, you need 7 nights = $490... the extra $90 will get you 7 night credit towards the current promo and at least 10,000 points and a cert at 10 nights. But you need to check in.

Seems both options are about the same to me.
Yea, we are SF based, and have looked for the office rates, but it seems like an overall hassle to drive to the locations (cheapest rate is about a 50min drive for us). Our next stay is end of May, plan to put the spend on the card this month, and the statement closes on the 2nd of each month (i.e. April 2nd) so I think we should be fine there?
Old Mar 4, 2021, 11:14 am

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Pointing out in case it is helpful. With your idea, your net costs will be lower than $400. You’ll get 1 Hyatt point per dollar charged.

Being conservative ($0.015/Hyatt point), it would be closer to $100 ($400 in fees minus $300 value in points).
kthpence likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by climbingbear
Pointing out in case it is helpful. With your idea, your net costs will be lower than $400. You’ll get 1 Hyatt point per dollar charged.

Being conservative ($0.015/Hyatt point), it would be closer to $100 ($400 in fees minus $300 value in points).
yes, that + an extra cat 1-4 cert for spending $15k makes it a pretty great value & a no brainer. I just wanted to make sure I understood the Hyatt program fully before pulling the trigger.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 3:15 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
The credit card spend for income tax is the best way to get elite night credits - if you pay 2% fee and get back a point worth 1.5%, your net cost is .5%. So for two elite nights ($5000 spend), the cost is $25. This is better than any mattress run, even considering the expired double night credit promotion.
kthpence, pbd456 and Pocatello like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.