Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2022, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
But what about all the suite upgrade awards + cat 1-4 nights if you do more runs? Status would extend thought beyond 2023 if you did a MR this year right?
If any MR run at all, it should be done in early 2023 so you get it in 2023 and 2024, not this year where status is already achieved until Feb 2023.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 7:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Who does mattress runs of over a month? It would be more economical to just pay for the rooms and suites as I need them.
If it turns out the the MGM status waives the ridiculous resort fees and you can still credit to Hyatt... then the $19 rates at Excalibur foe 30 nights only costs $600. And gets you halfway to globalist, not counting any other organic stays, 5 night credits, free nights, etc.
Sweetvibes and Pocatello like this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jameswes
If it turns out the the MGM status waives the ridiculous resort fees and you can still credit to Hyatt... then the $19 rates at Excalibur foe 30 nights only costs $600.
Great. Any way to get round trip travel from Tokyo to Las Vegas for free?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by dsiderx2
If any MR run at all, it should be done in early 2023 so you get it in 2023 and 2024, not this year where status is already achieved until Feb 2023.
Indeed, if possible I will be looking at a multi-week trip at the end of 2022 and into 2023. That way I would get a fair number of 2023 qualifying nights while I still am Globalist.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by jameswes
If it turns out the the MGM status waives the ridiculous resort fees and you can still credit to Hyatt... then the $19 rates at Excalibur foe 30 nights only costs $600. And gets you halfway to globalist, not counting any other organic stays, 5 night credits, free nights, etc.
The problem with this is the weekend stays. The prices on the rooms go up 5-10x friday/saturday and by the time you get to the summer the room rates will not be 19-30$/night on weekdays. And then there's the fabled "door must be opened"/physically present at the hotel policy...
Old Jan 7, 2022, 1:10 am

New to mattress run, does the booking have to be done via hyatt? I just signed up for a WoH credit card and do not have globalist. We visit vegas a few times a year and occasionally get promos for cheap stays + comp nights via mgmresort.com. Ideally would like to book via mgmresort.com and still try to get the credit for the night via hyatt. Anyone know if that is possible?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jehova
New to mattress run, does the booking have to be done via hyatt? I just signed up for a WoH credit card and do not have globalist. We visit vegas a few times a year and occasionally get promos for cheap stays + comp nights via mgmresort.com. Ideally would like to book via mgmresort.com and still try to get the credit for the night via hyatt. Anyone know if that is possible?
No, it is not.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 3:52 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by jehova
No, it is not.
you can book the room via MGM and get tier credit with WoH. All my MGM stays I have booked via MGM as the rates are cheaper and never had an issue getting credit.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:44 am

According to Hyatt Twitter reply, MGM properties charge resort fees regardless if you are Globalist. So you have to factor in the outrageous MGM resort fee into your calculations.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
According to Hyatt Twitter reply, MGM properties charge resort fees regardless if you are Globalist. So you have to factor in the outrageous MGM resort fee into your calculations.
supposedly starting next month the resort fees will be waved for mlife gold
renila and jameswes like this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:19 am

Talking

Great. Any way to get round trip travel from Tokyo to Las Vegas for free?
I mean this is Flyertalk. So for 70K AA miles it's pretty close to free cash-wise.
CoffeeTraveler likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by dsiderx2
I understand this strategy, but if I were to do a MR in early 2022 when would Globalist earned from this year expire?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I understand this strategy, but if I were to do a MR in early 2022 when would Globalist earned from this year expire?
I think Feb 2024. You’ll get the rest of this year, and all of the next year. Hyatt years apparently end in Feb.
GUWonder and iluvdoco like this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 10:35 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
29 Feb 2024.
From the T&Cs ...

"When a Member qualifies for elite status, (s)he will receive that elite status after meeting the minimum requirement through February of the second Calendar Year following qualification. For example, if a Member were to receive Discoverist status in September 2021, that Member would maintain Discoverist status for the remainder of 2021, all of 2022, and through February 2023, unless the Member re-qualified for his/her current status or earned another tier of elite status during that time."
GUWonder and iluvdoco like this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by cubs87
supposedly starting next month the resort fees will be waved for mlife gold
I wouldn’t be surprised if MGM and/or Hyatt put in place a minimum rate restriction on what constitutes an eligible night for earning Hyatt credit, but let’s see where this goes for mattress run purposes for as long as the going is good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.