Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2022, 6:52 am

I am new to mattress run so sorry for the noob question.

i signed up a promotion and now need 5 more nights for explorist by Feb 2023. And 15 more nights till globalist. I found a Hyatt 45 min away (3500 points) but can’t stay there. Can I book and send a family member to check in on day one and then Ch ek out on day 5? I have read that they check if the door has been open everyday etc.

thoughts?
Old Dec 28, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tin369

i signed up a promotion and now need 5 more nights for explorist by Feb 2023. And 15 more nights till globalist. I found a Hyatt 45 min away (3500 points) but can’t stay there. Can I book and send a family member to check in on day one and then Ch ek out on day 5? I have read that they check if the door has been open everyday etc.

thoughts?
No, you will need to be the one to check-in. You might not have to stay and go in and out each day, but they will need your ID to check-in. You can look at the point calendars online to see if there are more 3,500 nights available throughout January and February that you could use.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tin369

thoughts?
Originally Posted by Cara332
No, you will need to be the one to check-in. You might not have to stay and go in and out each day, but they will need your ID to check-in. You can look at the point calendars online to see if there are more 3,500 nights available throughout January and February that you could use.
The only failsafe method is to check in personally. Nobody needs to check out.

You might be checked out early when housekeeping sees an empty room, but you are not obliged to stay there. (although someone might come along to moan about that being against some kind of T&C nobody has found in writing)

If your family member wants to make use of the room a few times, that will certainly avoid any early check-out mishaps. But you need to check in yourself and hand them the key.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
You might be checked out early when housekeeping sees an empty room, but you are not obliged to stay there. (although someone might come along to moan about that being against some kind of T&C nobody has found in writing)
The Member must actually check-in and complete the stay for his or her reservation at a Point Property to earn points.
... is surprisingly ambiguous wording.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 9:57 am

I have received credit on two occasions where I booked, had a guest on the reservation, they were allowed to check in, and I had to change plans and miss the stay altogether. These were the only two times it happened so you could say I was 2 for 2 on this, although in both instances I was not intending to get credit and in fact was not even in the status game at the time (happened in 2018 and 2019, prior to my decision to acquire the WOH credit card and become a loyalist/globalist)

Just saying it is possible, though certainly far from a guarantee.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 12:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
About to finish my silly mattress run tomorrow in the Bay Area. The things we do for status. At least in the meantime the hotel room was a functional storage unit for a few things while I moved - and no risk of early checkout that way.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
I had planned a 5 day (points) mattress run because I figured it was worth it. When the power went out here in Memphis due to the storm, having a warm place and functioning electrical outlets for a couple days was a godsend. 23.5k points well spent.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Got my last 2 nights today to requalify. I did it this year on a combination of cc spend and stays. This was the only mattress run I had to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.