Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:01 pm

Does anyone have an email contact for this hotel? Heading here at the end of August with a friend for his birthday. Liked to see what they can do and if they can apply a club access award. Thanks.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Joker0874
Does anyone have an email contact for this hotel? Heading here at the end of August with a friend for his birthday. Liked to see what they can do and if they can apply a club access award. Thanks.
no need to contact anyone yet, except Hyatt asking to apply a club access cert

Apx 1 week before your arrival date the hotel will send you an email about all their offers, including getting picked up the hotel car at BUD I think it was 75E, just reply to it that you asked Hyatt to apply a CA and thats all you need to do

imo if you are looking for the hotel to throw you something for free due to a BD I wouldnt even mention it, if you are willing (and you will) to pay for something special thats something else.
Joker0874 likes this.

Last edited by craz; Aug 6, 2019 at 2:40 pm
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Staying here later this month and got an email the club will be temporarily closed.

Breakfast will be in the main restaurant (though sounds like limited menu). No word on other options throughout the day or evening. Oh well.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by adambadam
Staying here later this month and got an email the club will be temporarily closed.

Breakfast will be in the main restaurant (though sounds like limited menu). No word on other options throughout the day or evening. Oh well.
I got surprised by that when I checked in last week. The restaurant breakfast is pretty good. You can order egg dishes off the menu and there is a buffet as well. I wasn't disappointed in the breakfast. As for later, the hotel was providing 1 voucher per day that you could redeem for a 2 course meal + a glass of wine.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
This was my second trip to Budapest. Previously stayed at the Kempinski.

Was not a big fan of this hotel.

Building itself was beautiful and the the front desk staff was very good but they are some serious teething issues as this place tries to figure out what league they want to settle into.

In terms of the room it was well appointed with a few fatal flaws. Namely the air conditioning. My buddy and I both stayed recently and each of our rooms had issues with the air conditioning. They ended up switching both our rooms to lovely suites unfortunately that didn't completely solve the A/C issue. Mine eventually got cold enough but my buddy's never did. He checked out and went to the Ritz. Part of the issue is the A/C uses a thermostat system that makes almost zero sense. Instead of setting a desired temperature, like nearly every other thermostat, you set an offset (which was originally a max of 3 degree off from where the room was currently at) and then hope it cools down. This is compounded by the flaw that the whole room has a motion detector which controls all the lights/HVAC so it is off when you are not in there meaning you always come back to a hot room (can't just keep a key in the system like other places). Not particularly fun in 90 degree heat outside. It is worth nothing that the hallways were frequently cooler than the room.

Speaking of motion detectors there is a motion activated nightlight by each side of the bed that are obnoxiously bright. Like you could read a book bright. I don't know who thought this was a good idea or how they were never tested but they are terrible and have no way to deactivate other than to put a book or something in front of them to block the light.

One other quirk of stupid automation, I go to the spa to check out the whirlpool after a day of trekking around town. Only person in the place. About to hop in but can't find the button to turn on the jets. Ask at the desk and am told it is automated. So I get in and wait. I try sitting in different seats to see if I needed to trigger something but nada. So after about 5-mins of trying, now wet I go back to the front of the spa to confirm it is "automatic" and the host confirms so I go back in and try again. After another few minutes I give up. As soon as I get out and grab a towel the bubbles start up. Hop back in and get about four minutes of jets before they cut out. At that point I just give up and cut my loses. But why not have a button like literately every other spa I have ever been in???

Breakfast was in the restaurant as the lounge was closed. It was fine but if you slept through after a fun night you weren't missing much.

Little things like a bell hop opening the door or offering you a welcome back were rare unlike when I entered the Ritz.

The Parisi is trying to compete with the other 5-star hotels in town and is priced at near the top of the market. If you are coming to Budapest I would consider one of those other properties first.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:04 pm

That's unfortunate. I booked a stay here that's in 11 months. I'm afraid this is going to turn into one of those properties that always dealing with some quirks.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue
No CA in this hotel

Same here as some of you stated above, have a 5-day stay coming up and called Hyatt to apply the CA certificate. Agent checked and said this hotel doesn’t allow CA from Hyatt...
Old Sep 22, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
Used CA over the St. Stephen's Day period when Club was "closed for renovation" and received breakfast and evening food/beverage in the the main restaurant, which was great. Tried to use a CA in early September on a return visit and was told that was not possible, that the Club was closed. Then this story changed and the Club was open, but then there was a miscommunication between Budapest and WOH about when/if the Club might reopen. Booked the return without the CA but arrived to find the Club open as I could see it from above as I walked to my room (see another's fine pictures in post 78 above). No matter as short stay, but suggest that one keep trying as they work out the kinks here. Also noted that metro stop just outside of hotel was closing for rehab on weekends and there are plenty of bakeries/cafes nearby if ones wished takeout or a quick breakfast. On second trip large numbers of Viking cruisers here so they are apparently working on any occupancy issues.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 5:33 am

I just cancelled a 3 night stay here @ 8K a night. I was on the fence after hearing all of the complaints. No CA, Viking Cruises, room quirks, hot tub issues, rookie staff. I'm sure they'll figure it out eventually, but I'm not going to chance it and be the guinea pig when luxury Airbnb apartments can be had downtown for $100 a night.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Just completed a 2-night stay here via upgrade to Brudern Suite. Can confirm that the Club is now open (or re-open) and accessible.

Arrived early (approx noon) and initially told room not ready, then made a call to housekeeping and was in room 20 minutes later.

Viking Cruises was present in the lobby but seemed to be using a ballroom for customers. Never ran in to any issues with crowds etc.

100% agree on the above complaints regarding the HVAC. Very bizarre system that nominally worked.

Property is beautiful and in a great location. Absolute steal at 8K points / night for anyone who got in at that level.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 1:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Dsm2m2
Very bizarre system that nominally worked.
...So it didn't work, I'm guessing.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 10:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by petroxa
Same here as some of you stated above, have a 5-day stay coming up and called Hyatt to apply the CA certificate. Agent checked and said this hotel doesn’t allow CA from Hyatt...
Now that the hotel has reopened the lounge has anyone since the reopening tried applying a CA and been denied.

Was wondering if the denials were due to the lounge being closed or if somehow they are now exempted and dont have to accept them any more
Old Sep 28, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by craz
Now that the hotel has reopened the lounge has anyone since the reopening tried applying a CA and been denied.

Was wondering if the denials were due to the lounge being closed or if somehow they are now exempted and dont have to accept them any more

I tried applying a CA for a future stay since the club was reopened and was denied. The agent couldn’t find any availability. I think the hotel is hiding availability.

I also think the food is worse than the reviews showed for earlier this year. Namely, evening dishes seem more like appetizers now.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: SK Gold
Originally Posted by lifeisart
I tried applying a CA for a future stay since the club was reopened and was denied. The agent couldn’t find any availability. I think the hotel is hiding availability.

I also think the food is worse than the reviews showed for earlier this year. Namely, evening dishes seem more like appetizers now.
I also just contacted the Twitter team to try and attach a CA for a 3-day award stay (booked when it was still 8.000 points). It couldn't be confirmed, though, and when I asked why I was told the hotel doesn't participate in the Club access awards program. I then asked for a list of non-participating properties and was told they don't have such a list.
creativeguess1 and oopl like this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 12:21 pm

Just returned from a 2-night stay at the Hexagon suite.

5 months after my previous stay at the hotel, I returned, this time for a 2-night stay at the Hexagon suite (booked for 16K points per night when the price was right).
The suite was phenomenal and I'll post a review later on, but the Club lounge (included with the suite) was laughable, at best.
It is self service, repetitive and can best be described as a 4-star Hyatt Regency lounge.
Breakfast was especially embarrassing with no a-la carte options and just hard boiled egg and some hot dogs.
When we asked if it's possible to have breakfast at the restaurant, we were told simply no.
Bottom line - don't waste your certificate on this lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.