Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

The Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest, part of the Hyatt Unbound Collection, has plans to open late April, 2019. Currently the website is accepting reservations for September 1, 2019 and beyond.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/hu...ar-hotel/budub

Currently World of Hyatt is listing it as a Category 2 property, which would make award night bookings a very good value if this is accurate.

The property is a completely renovated historic building in Pest.
tjae and solewalker like this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
The Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest, part of the Hyatt Unbound Collection, has plans to open late April, 2019. Currently the website is accepting reservations for September 1, 2019 and beyond.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/hu...ar-hotel/budub

Currently World of Hyatt is listing it as a Category 2 property, which would make award night bookings a very good value if this is accurate.

The property is a completely renovated historic building in Pest.
Wow, that does look like a spectacular deal. I really actually wonder if it may be a mistake? Room rates are $400/nt+ and the hotel pictures look gorgeous.
Unfortunately, even with quite a bit of searching I can't find any days available for just points. It looks like they loaded some P+C (which still means paying quite a bit of $$), but not points. I'm not worried about the hotel gaming the system at this point, but if they don't open up points availability by the time it opens then we can (and should!) cry foul.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:29 pm

I tried on the app (ios) and it doesn't show any availability; cash, points or otherwise. If points availability opens up, I'm definitely going to look at preemptively booking a vacation for next year.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

FYI - bookings are available starting July 1. Including points booking (8,000 points/night).
Old Apr 6, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
I have a booking here for the first week of July. Currently planning on staying using Points & Cash.

I spoke with a Hyatt rep to see if it would be part of the Privé program and was told that it would be. I also asked if they had a lounge so that I could apply a Lounge Access Certificate. I was told I could but that they weren't able to apply it yet.

While speaking with a travel agent who has Privé access, I was told they get a notice that the Párisi Udvar Hotel is "not participating in the Privé program at this time" when looking into the property.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:09 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by mongobot
I also asked if they had a lounge so that I could apply a Lounge Access Certificate. I was told I could but that they weren't able to apply it yet.
I doubt this hotel will have a lounge. At least I am not aware of any „Unbound“ Hyatt that has or will have a lounge in the future. Not the concept in my view, but would of course be great.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
I doubt this hotel will have a lounge. At least I am not aware of any „Unbound“ Hyatt that has or will have a lounge in the future. Not the concept in my view, but would of course be great.
It's quite possible that the Hyatt agent is misinformed. Also interesting that Hyatt rep told me it would be part of Privé while the travel agent said it was not.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:51 pm

This isn't the type of hotel that typically has a lounge... but the room description for all of their suites specify "Club Access".

Definitely surprising (and a little disappointing since I appreciate a great restaurant breakfast), but it seems that this hotel will have a club lounge.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:02 pm

Also, FYI -
TSU books into either the Art Collection or Heritage Collection suites.
(Website isn't updated up, but concierge looked it up for me). These looks like they should be very nice - 45-50sqm, even in the shoulder season (October) the rooms are 500EUR+.

This seriously has to be one of the best Points + TSU hotels in the system.

A 7 night stay for 56K points + 1 TSU. That would otherwise cost ~4,000EUR+.

Now just trying to find a time when school/work/vacation schedules align.
Old May 16, 2019, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I doubt this hotel will have a lounge.
The website specifies that it will have a lounge. All the pictures and rooms look fantastic! I have a booking here for August for 3 nights and am very excited, especially at only 8k/pts a night!

Points booking for this summer still look pretty available.
Old May 24, 2019, 6:10 am

I've just made a 3-night booking with points for early June.
Incredible value, so it seems.
Fingers crossed.
Old May 25, 2019, 3:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Have had a few nights booked here for about a month for August. Excited to see this one. Photos look great
Old May 31, 2019, 3:07 pm

Reviews are starting to show up on TripAdvisor. Mostly positive although mention of taking in large groups of cruise tour folk makes me somewhat apprehensive.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Has anyone been able to apply an Explorist Club Access certificate to a reservation AND actually stayed there and been given lounge access?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
I have a reservation for later this week booked with 8000 points and have applied an explorist Lounge access coupon to the reservation. After the stay I will report whether everything went as expected. I was in Budapest last week and the Hotel looks stunning from the outside.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.