Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by expert7700
Property is a Category 5 (20k redemption) as of July 30

https://onemileatatime.com/world-of-...s-at-one-hotel
Its probably worth the 20k , happy I got in before the change, thats 36k saved. Not sure Id pay the 20K when The CY is 17,500 and closer to where I need to be. I understand its comparing apples to rocks but the CY would work as well just not as nice, and could be after I stay I will decide its better tyo ante up the 20K then stay at The CY

* Wow Hyatt or the Hotel is being very very nice, inputted some dates end of Aug and it came back at 8k, so maybe till 7/30 it will be 8k anytime and only 20k a night if you book after 7/30

Last edited by craz; Jul 17, 2019 at 11:35 am
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
What is The CY? Hyatt only lists one property in the Budapest area.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by joe_miami
CourtYard by Marriott , never said Hyatt had another hotel, and before finding this hotel thats where I was booked
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by craz
* Wow Hyatt or the Hotel is being very very nice, inputted some dates end of Aug and it came back at 8k, so maybe till 7/30 it will be 8k anytime and only 20k a night if you book after 7/30
That was part of the announcement.

CourtYard by Marriott , never said Hyatt had another hotel, and before finding this hotel thats where I was booked
I thought you were comparing to some other Hyatt property in the region.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:16 pm
Suspended

That was part of the announcement.

I thought you were comparing to some other Hyatt property in the region.
1 -I didnt read the announcement till a few mins ago, so it wasnt mentioned above, alot of times it takes immediate affect

2- no actually my 1st post on this thread I mentioned how I wasnt looking at BUD since I knew there werent any Hyatts there from past visits, but instead of inputting the airport code where I wanted to check (feeling there wouldnt be any and Im right that) I put in BUD by mistake and gladly CXed the CY for this hotel. Im traveling alone so need for a suite even thou at 13 or 16K its a great deal, applying a Club Access cert will take care of my needs
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
CY = Courtyard in Marriott/Bonvoy speak.
If transferring points from Chase, you could transfer to Marriott and use 17,500 for the courtyard or 20,000 for Parisi Udvar.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jameswes
CY = Courtyard in Marriott/Bonvoy speak.
If transferring points from Chase, you could transfer to Marriott and use 17,500 for the courtyard or 20,000 for Parisi Udvar.
Or you can book a hotel as a rev stay using your UR pt, never found it worthwhile to transfer to Marriott due to the lousy value, can understand being short afew pts and doing a small transfer over

Transferring to Hyatt @ 1:1 is in most cases I was involved in a very good deal

Of cause the above doesnt take into account when you book x nights you get 1 free,

In the case Im sure you could use a heck of alot less UR pts per night at The CY buy using the pts to pay for the hotel rather then transfer them over, heres what Chase wants per night The CY is $87 or 6983 UR pts , why transfer 17,500 when you can get it for 7000? The Párisi Udvar Hote isnt listed yet, The Kepinski is $183 or 12,220 UR pts Id go with The Kempinski over the Hyatt unless I had Club or Suite Certs to use, but due to TheHyaat rate it seems it would be better to transfer the pts rather then book a rev stay via UR as usual a YMMV
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:43 pm

I made a booking a few weeks ago and applied a club upgrade and everything was fine. Today, I noticed that the club upgrade was back in my account and so I called to see if all was ok.

The agent at first told me that everything was ok. I said, "ok, but the club award hasn't been deducted and I don't want any problems at check in." She said she would check.

Very long hold and then she tells me that the club upgrade "needs to be approved at the property level," and since it's late at night in BUD they need me to call back tomorrow so they can talk to a supervisor at the property.

I guess at this point, I have no choice. It seems weird to me. Also, I'm not sure that I necessarily want to play along. I mean, if I call in and they say "the supervisor says no," I think I have a right to complain that it was already confirmed. The whole thing is kind of messed up. I guess if I don't call tomorrow I risk not getting the club access so I suppose I don't really have a choice.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lkar
I made a booking a few weeks ago and applied a club upgrade and everything was fine. Today, I noticed that the club upgrade was back in my account and so I called to see if all was ok.

The agent at first told me that everything was ok. I said, "ok, but the club award hasn't been deducted and I don't want any problems at check in." She said she would check.

Very long hold and then she tells me that the club upgrade "needs to be approved at the property level," and since it's late at night in BUD they need me to call back tomorrow so they can talk to a supervisor at the property.

I guess at this point, I have no choice. It seems weird to me. Also, I'm not sure that I necessarily want to play along. I mean, if I call in and they say "the supervisor says no," I think I have a right to complain that it was already confirmed. The whole thing is kind of messed up. I guess if I don't call tomorrow I risk not getting the club access so I suppose I don't really have a choice.
?? you started out talking about "a club upgrade" then say " the club award ". I want to m ake sure I get you you arent talking about a TSA a Suite Upgrade but rather "Club Access" if its the CA its not an Upgrade it is what it is access to the lounge

I will assume you meant CA, I mentioned that up thread where I too called when it was after hours in BUD, my 3rd call back got a csr that went thru it that morning and knew the exact person (email) she had to request it to. Didnt ask or get a full explanation so dontknow if all the fuss is because its a new hotel that just came on and dont yet know how to do things or if the way that brand will do things , but my csr said she had done 2 others that day and eventually they were confirmed so I shouldnt worry and Im not

When the 1st csr pulled 1 of mine CAs it didnt take and the 2nd csr it took she said for a few moments, so theres a known problem and they do have a work around sounds like not every csr is aware of how to proceed. I dont think the CAs are capacity controlled as an Upgarde cert would be in that once the suites are spoken for thats it they are gone. If its aSuite Upgarde youre trying to get confirmed then indeed ride herd over it
Old Jul 17, 2019, 3:46 pm

?? you started out talking about "a club upgrade" then say " the club award ". I want to m ake sure I get you you arent talking about a TSA a Suite Upgrade but rather "Club Access" if its the CA its not an Upgrade it is what it is access to the lounge

I will assume you meant CA, I mentioned that up thread where I too called when it was after hours in BUD, my 3rd call back got a csr that went thru it that morning and knew the exact person (email) she had to request it to. Didnt ask or get a full explanation so dontknow if all the fuss is because its a new hotel that just came on and dont yet know how to do things or if the way that brand will do things , but my csr said she had done 2 others that day and eventually they were confirmed so I shouldnt worry and Im not

When the 1st csr pulled 1 of mine CAs it didnt take and the 2nd csr it took she said for a few moments, so theres a known problem and they do have a work around sounds like not every csr is aware of how to proceed. I dont think the CAs are capacity controlled as an Upgarde cert would be in that once the suites are spoken for thats it they are gone. If its aSuite Upgarde youre trying to get confirmed then indeed ride herd over it
Right -- I'm talking about the Explo Club Access Award. So, I guess I'm another data point for the process you describe. I'll call tomorrow and hopefully that will work out.

My problem with it is that I was told when I made the booking originally about a month or so ago that my club access had been confirmed. If I hadn't noticed that they failed to take the award out of my account, I never would have thought to call and probably would have shown up and been out of luck.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Crap!!!! I knew it would not last long. But did not think it will change this quickly.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
You guys really think it's worth close to the $400 / soon-to-be-20k price tag? In Budapest?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:17 pm
Suspended

They're not pricing the rooms so that they sit empty. They're clearly responding to market conditions.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
They're not pricing the rooms so that they sit empty. They're clearly responding to market conditions.
According to a review upthread, the hotel was pretty empty...
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by italdesign
According to a review upthread, the hotel was pretty empty...
I’m seeing midweek rates in the mid-300s three months from now. I can’t imagine their pricing is that far out of whack.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.