Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: All the programs!
I called today to apply a club access award but the phone rep said this property does not accept those. She is sending them a message to figure out why and asked that I call back.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Great Hotel!

Service is unbelievable and every employee was not only very friendly but extremely caring, from the FD to the bellboys

Club lounge was very well stocked in all aspects, the food looked as if it was prepared in their restaurant, far from the standard fair you will find in most lounges, the only negative would be it closes at 8pm. When a staff member sees you they acknowledge you and its followed by if they can be of any help, thats before you have a chance to acknowledge them back

I had a Standard room, small but large enough for me and Id say even if you are traveling with another person. Wasnt given an upgrade when I checked in , but then again I didnt ask for 1 as I was hoping for a later checkout then entitled to and that was granted

Hard to imagine anyone that will be disappointed if they stay here, I like he location doesnt mean you will. At worst a 10 min walk to The Chain Bridge a Metro3 station right out the front door, only problem with The Metro is no AC or if there any its not detectable
Old Jul 27, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier, Hyatt Explorist, United Silver
Excellent Lounge

Definitely worth it to use a club lounge access award here. Breakfast was very substantial and includes a made-to-order egg dish (eggs, omelette, or eggs Benedict, etc). Evening dinner is 5p-8p. It includes substantial food offerings plus beer/wine and spirits.

Last edited by BrettMCA; Jul 27, 2019 at 5:08 pm Reason: add photos
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:06 am
Suspended

just my take; if you asked Hyatt to apply a Club Access cer and its not taken from your acct, at thattime dont worry. As I posted above just wait till apx 1 week before your stay and the Hotel will send you an email about being picked up by the hotel and if you want a spa appointment. Just reply that you tried to have a CA applied. Not only was it acknowledged when I checked but it was mentioed in the Welcome letter waiting for me in my room.

2- Late checkout, if its not a Guanratee benefit of your status level, you will have to ask the morning of and if they can they will grant it.I was entitled to a 2pm but really needed a 4pm, they checked if the room was needed and granted me a 4pm, but they had to check to see if even a 2pm was in the cards.Amazing hotel with a great staff! that only wants to take care of each and every guest. Id expect this type of treatment in a Ritz or Four Seasons
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:18 am

Programs: AA EXP (1M+), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Just finished up a 4-night stay. Booked a suite with points (no standard rooms bookable at the time of booking). Kind of seems like they were playing games with availability since occupancy was max 20%. All of the standard suites are just larger rooms (and most seemed to be on the main street).

Breakfast was a little disappointing. Not many options and the quality didn't seem there. Perhaps they weren't trying too hard given the low occupancy.

Nice spa area with hot tub, steam room, and Finnish sauna.

I'd say the hotel rooms deserve a rate higher then 8k per night. The breakfast does not. The lounge, on the other hand, was a winner. As has been noted before, great food at all hours of the day.

At 20k/night,I not sure I'd return to this hotel without seeing what other options are available. At 8k I'd have no issues returning.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Decided to bite the bullet and make a tentative booking for next summer before the rate hike. Impressively, the property reached out a few hours later asking about a special request that was on the reservation - first time this happened this far out; usually no one even reads these notes! If this is any indication of service level there, color me impressed.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by sch_flyer
Decided to bite the bullet and make a tentative booking for next summer before the rate hike. Impressively, the property reached out a few hours later asking about a special request that was on the reservation - first time this happened this far out; usually no one even reads these notes! If this is any indication of service level there, color me impressed.
you did well to get that. Checked points and availability mid morning (uk time) still showing 8k. Went back a couple of hours later to book it and the rate was up to 20k. No way would they honour the old rate even tho the app still shows its cat 2. My own fault I know but I didn’t expect a rate hike til midnight. Apparently their system updates 4 times a day
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:14 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG RA, Globalist, ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkLHR

you did well to get that. Checked points and availability mid morning (uk time) still showing 8k. Went back a couple of hours later to book it and the rate was up to 20k. No way would they honour the old rate even tho the app still shows its cat 2. My own fault I know but I didn’t expect a rate hike til midnight. Apparently their system updates 4 times a day
I booked 4 nights at the 8,000 rate having read Raffles' HfP: just checked on my reservation now to see ....

Subtotal per room:
80,000 Points
Total per room:
80,000 Points

I presume it will all be sorted before my visit next April !
Old Jul 31, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by EmeraldLady
I booked 4 nights at the 8,000 rate having read Raffles' HfP: just checked on my reservation now to see ....

Subtotal per room:
80,000 Points
Total per room:
80,000 Points

I presume it will all be sorted before my visit next April !
I'd call up and check; they were adamant I had missed the deadline and they have the right to change rates at any time. I persisted a bit with them on the phone and messenger. Once I reached the 4th person they said they would give me 12,000 points to meet me half way making the rate 14,000 points. I'm taking it as it does look a great place.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: QF, LH, AF, EK, HGP, LHW
I just tried to book 5 nights in August and got this message:

Unfortunately, this hotel is not accepting World of Hyatt points or award during those dates. Explore our other rates or modify your search.

Am I SOL?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:30 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JOBU
I just tried to book 5 nights in August and got this message:

Unfortunately, this hotel is not accepting World of Hyatt points or award during those dates. Explore our other rates or modify your search.

Am I SOL?
Is a standard room available ? It will simply be "1 King Bed" or "2 Twin Beds", without a view, deluxe, or suite designation ? I see them available for some random nights in August, but not all. When I do see them, the rate is €180, which seems to make for a relatively poor redemption value at the new level.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 11:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by skj
Is a standard room available ? It will simply be "1 King Bed" or "2 Twin Beds", without a view, deluxe, or suite designation ? I see them available for some random nights in August, but not all. When I do see them, the rate is €180, which seems to make for a relatively poor redemption value at the new level.
I really dont believe that any room will have any type of view that is worthwhile. There is by description rooms with a view of the Sq but that imo isnt worth 10 cents. There are only 6 floors to the hotel and I dont believe from the 6th that you could see the River or The Castle , but I wasnt on the 6th
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG RA, Globalist, ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkLHR
I'd call up and check; they were adamant I had missed the deadline and they have the right to change rates at any time. I persisted a bit with them on the phone and messenger. Once I reached the 4th person they said they would give me 12,000 points to meet me half way making the rate 14,000 points. I'm taking it as it does look a great place.
Hmmm ... reservation still showing 80,000 rather than 32,000 (I don't even have enough of a balance in my account at the moment either). I booked well within the time limit on July 23rd, but have to admit, thought of it as almost like a "mistake fare" as the rate was 468 euros per night. Will phone Hyatt when I return home in about a week.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EmeraldLady
Hmmm ... reservation still showing 80,000 rather than 32,000 (I don't even have enough of a balance in my account at the moment either). I booked well within the time limit on July 23rd, but have to admit, thought of it as almost like a "mistake fare" as the rate was 468 euros per night. Will phone Hyatt when I return home in about a week.
That's actually how Hyatt IT works. The display will be the current rate. But your "Past Activity" section will show the correct (old) number of points deducted. You will NOT get the new amount refunded to you if you cancel. But if your history shows the right number of points deducted, you're good.

I've got multiple reservations that work this way.

Parisi Udver:
Qualifying Night(s): 4
Award Category Category 2
Award Issued Jul 1, 2019
Points Used -32,000

But, my reservation shows 80,000 points.

Andaz Costa Rica Papagayo
Award Category Category 4
Award Issued Feb 22, 2019
Points Used -60,000
(It went from Cat 4 -> Cat 5, so the "upcoming stay" award says it is 80,000 points)

Andaz Mayakoba
Award Category Category 5
Award Issued Nov 28, 2018
Points Used -80,000
(It went from Cat 5 -> Cat 6, so the "upcoming stay" award says it is 100,000 points)
EmeraldLady likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 2:56 pm

Just to confirm what everyone is saying, I booked 3 nights at 8K and am seeing the same. My points haven't been touched or anything weird like that. Rest easy folks. if you got in at 8K, you are good unless the hotel cancels you or something weird.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.