Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, etc
Originally Posted by Pocatello
I want to book a week long stay here in September with my adult daughter. Just the two of us.

What kind of suite upgrades would keep us in separate beds? Neither of us wants to share a King bed.

How are globalists treated?
Hexagon Suite has 2 bedrooms
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
Thank you for the responses, McChicken , Drew523 , and Yoksel .

I will cross my fingers and hope for the Hexagon Suite. I am globalist and I plan to use the Suite Upgrade certificates before they expire.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:04 am

Recently stayed there four nights. Globalist and was "upgraded" to what was called a corner suite (or something like that) but really it was just a large room in the corner (second floor) with a large bathroom. Breakfast ok, service very good, lounge was closed. Our room on 2F was very close to it - we could look down at the space as we walked from the elevator. The location of the hotel is very good too. We booked it in 2019 for 8K points each night and every six months pushed it forward for two years. I wasn't going to travel unless everything was open without mandates. It took until mid- 2022 before that happened.
Two big bottles of some Italian water every day, and of course excellent and relaxing lobby. My wife and I are in many tourists' pictures.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, etc
I ended up staying just for a few hours recently - our flight got delayed and we only made there at 5am. The rest of my Budapest stay was across the street at Marriott's Matild Palace. Got upgraded to a huge room (not quite sure, probably corner suite). It was nicely designed and very spacious - in fact, more spacious than a big suite at Matild. Matild has much better bathroom design though. Parisi Udvar is way more gorgeous in terms of interior design. Service and breakfast at the same level I think, although I barely made to breakfast
Pocatello likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Just completed 3 nights a week ago. Stay still hasn’t posted which is annoying but anyway it’s a beautiful hotel. Preupgraded to a junior suite before arrival which was just a bigger room. Arrived around 2pm and a room wasn’t ready. The front desk agent asked a manager about finding another room which I assume was a category up because those rooms were available but got told no so we had to wait an hour. Not a big deal so we just went for a walk and came back and she brought us the keys. Room was very nice and probably one of the best we’ve ever stayed in. We don’t typically do luxury at this level so it was a nice change. Will definitely stay again.

One weird note was most staff was super friendly but a couple for some reason wouldn’t even make eye contact with us. It’s like we didn’t belong or something. Definitely younger than the usual clientele so maybe that had to do with it. Not a big deal but a bit strange.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 3:53 pm

My wife and I stayed here for two nights, before beginning an AMA Waterways trip in May. I have Discoverist status, through the Hyatt Chase card, and reserved this stay through a points redemption.

I booked this stay using points at the end of last year. In the course of the five months that intervened, we were upgraded twice, from a basic twin bedded room to a hexagonal suite, which was an amazing set of seemingly interconnected rooms. (The first upgrade was to a something that appeared to be a junior suite.)

The two bedrooms were spacious and virtually identical. The sitting area was very spacious ad well furnished.

One short lived disappointment was that since I no longer have Globalist status, I have to get used to paying for breakfast, when at full service properties. However, at roughly $25 pp, the breakfast buffet offers great value in all respects. Also, describing it as a “buffet” is a misnomer, since we could order anything off of the regular menu, in addition to making selections from the buffet. I should also note that the hotel’s lounge was closed at the time of our visit.

Finally, for movie buffs it is worth noting that many of the Budapest scenes in John LeCarre’s “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy” took place in the Parisi Udvar prior to its refurbishment.

Last edited by SCEflyer; Sep 14, 2022 at 5:17 am Reason: Additional info
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Drew523
Just spent 4 nights in Budapest @ Parisi last week. Booked Standard 1 King Bed, was upgraded @ Check In to Art Collection Suite via Hyatt Globalist. Booked with points, 22k per night. 4 nights.

It is a nice hotel and certain look to it. The hotel layout for the rooms is weird but works, the rooms are more dated looking but they do have some modern renovations done to them. The staff was really nice and friendly. The cafe/buffet for breakfast was just ok and underwhelming considering I was coming from Andaz Prague and Park Hyatt Vienna. Location is good, reasonable walking distance to main areas and their is a bus station/stop close by to the hotel. Subway/Metro is about a 8-10 min walk away but I found the buses to be easier to get around with more options in Budapest. For certain areas you would use the Subway/Metro.

If you have any questions, I can try to answer them from my experience.
I'm looking to book a trip similar to yours. We plan on visiting Prague, Vienna and Budapest. What method of transport did you use to get from city to city and how was the experience? Also any recommendations for transportation? Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by christianm49
I'm looking to book a trip similar to yours. We plan on visiting Prague, Vienna and Budapest. What method of transport did you use to get from city to city and how was the experience? Also any recommendations for transportation? Thanks in advance!
Edit: disregard I misunderstood

Last edited by sfgiants13; Oct 3, 2022 at 11:06 am
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by sfgiants13
Not directed at me but the bus wasn't bad. You have to walk for maybe 5-10 mins depending on your speed but can't beat the price. I stopped for a chimney cake and ice cream on the way to the hotel. Only 2 stops on the bus so not much longer than a taxi.
How long was the bus ride? I see that the train from prague to vienna is 4.5 hours which seems fairly long for a 150 mile journey. I'm curious how nice the scenery also is for these rides
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:06 am

How long was the bus ride? I see that the train from prague to vienna is 4.5 hours which seems fairly long for a 150 mile journey. I'm curious how nice the scenery also is for these rides
Ah my mistake. I misread it as airport to city transport. Didn’t realize you weren’t flying. We took Ryanair between Prague and Budapest. With a checked bag and exit row seat it was about $60. Not bad at all and the exit row made the flight pleasant enough.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 12:20 pm

Sorry for the late response, must have missed the notification email.

I used the train to go from Prague > Vienna (4.5-5 hr train ride) and train for Vienna > Budapest (2.5-3 hrs), I highly recommend you buy 1st class tickets on both, they are extremely cheap. Economy was $20 usd and first class was $45. First class you get your own little private 4 person cabin with train line RegioJet. We didn't have anyone else so we had our own private room ourselves.

You have 2 train company options which are the national train line (Cesky Drahy (Czech Republic) or OBB (Austria) and you have the private train line RegioJet. Regio and CD are reaonsably priced, Regio is the cheapest and OBB is most expensive. OBB has the newest and nicer trains while CD and Regio have older trains but they are still nice they just aren't the latest and greatest, probably previous generation but still nice. I used RegioJet for both way, I bought the tickets online and used the mobile app to show my ticket when I was asked by the train people checking tickets. RegioJet was really inexpensive for a 1st class ticket, you can see how it looks like online via youtube with vloggers.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 12:03 pm

What does a SUA get you here?
Old Dec 12, 2022, 12:12 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jbandy10
What does a SUA get you here?
I used one in October and got a Corner Suite. Not a real suite with a separate bedroom, just a big corner room with a very nice bathroom. The pictures on the website are exactly what the room looks like.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 10:26 am

Anyone know why awards here look blocked out from April to October?
Old Jan 2, 2023, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Has the club lounge here closed permanently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.