Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2023, 3:14 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Has the club lounge here closed permanently?
Yes.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 6:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
A few posts before mentioned "Art Collection Suite" and "Hexagon Suite" were listed as standard suite, but looking at what they have now the same standard suite only gets you "Junior Suite" or "Corner Suite". Also, I cannot find any Art Collection Suites on their website anymore. Is it worth using a SUA to secure a Corner Suite which is just a bigger room instead of a real suite? Is this hotel generous on further upgrading Globalists to a real suite?
Old May 16, 2023, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What a shame the club lounge has closed permanently...does anyone know if they offer Globalists something else like free drinks in the lobby bar for a few hours or welcome wine or something? It's sad when these popular club lounges get shuttered.
Old May 16, 2023, 4:00 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
...does anyone know if they offer Globalists something else like free drinks in the lobby bar for a few hours or welcome wine or something?
For me, they did not in October 2022.
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 7:08 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Ah, the Parisi Udvar - beautiful common areas that make the rooms, which are nice, feel bland and out of place in comparison. It's a shame that more historic elements weren't maintained in the conversion of the rooms. I also found Parisi Udvar to be oddly expensive - for example, I made bookings around the same time - Matild Palace (which I liked better) went for 326 EUR, while Parisi Udvar was 512 EUR. The idea that this hotel is worth that much more, let alone any more, is not one I would agree with. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Pros:
  • Bed is comfortable - plush-ish mattress, plush-ish covers, plush pillows (though, they felt inflatable)
  • Shower pressure from the wand head was decent (the rainfall head was not screwed on correctly and spurted water from the joint in odd directions)
  • Furniture, including arm chairs, was comfortable
  • Pretty common areas - far prettier than the rooms
  • Left a nice gift of chocolates - enjoyed the mulberry cheesecake chocolates
  • Breakfast was good
    • Tasty croissants
    • Omelet was good
    • Latte was good (though, it took over 10 minutes before the barista showed up)
    • Waffles were okay
  • EUR-HUF exchange rate used was fair
Neutral:
  • Calling this upgrade a Corner Suite is just asinine - this is not a suite - it's just a corner room (note I got the worse version without windows in the bathroom) - there isn't even a couch
  • Had to ask about late checkout - was told 3-4 was fine - key stopped working sometime between 12:05 and 12:50 while I went to lunch
Cons:
  • Not a fan of the single-use toiletries (no way of knowing if they have been already used)
Overall, I wouldn't return with the current price paradigm.

Photos:

Old Sep 12, 2023, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Ah, the Parisi Udvar - beautiful common areas that make the rooms, which are nice, feel bland and out of place in comparison. It's a shame that more historic elements weren't maintained in the conversion of the rooms. I also found Parisi Udvar to be oddly expensive - for example, I made bookings around the same time - Matild Palace (which I liked better) went for 326 EUR, while Parisi Udvar was 512 EUR. The idea that this hotel is worth that much more, let alone any more, is not one I would agree with. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:
Man, your photos are making me want to book a trip back to Budapest! We spent 4 nights there last year, but we stayed at the Marriott Executive Apartments (to have a separate bedroom for the kid, which was fantastic, but the hotel was old and ugly). These other hotels are beautiful!
Old Jan 5, 2024, 6:16 am

What is the standard room available at this hotel? I looked at random dates throughout 2024 and couldn't find a single one with availability. Even looking at OpenHotelAlert doesn't say any rooms below King Deluxe.

Found it from January through March but nothing after that. Do they open space closer in or do they just block off the rest of the year? I see this same question from last year about this same exact thing.

Last edited by Duane Haas; Jan 5, 2024 at 6:23 am
Old Jan 5, 2024, 5:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Duane Haas
Found it from January through March but nothing after that. Do they open space closer in or do they just block off the rest of the year? I see this same question from last year about this same exact thing.
Maybe the hotel haven't loaded availability yet. I was able to book on points in late Jan 2023 for a stay the past Thanksgiving, both standard rooms and standard suites were available.
Duane Haas likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by zoneflyer
Maybe the hotel haven't loaded availability yet.
Looks pretty clearly like gaming to me. They've loaded non-award inventory for the next 11+ months. What's the credible explanation for withholding only base level rooms?
Duane Haas likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 3:20 am

Yeah, looks like they're trying to game the system.

This hotel is totally not worth it, except maybe on points when prices in all of BUD are elevated. The hotel, including F&B, is nothing special. The rooms are decent but no good bang-for-the-buck. They are just charging too much for what they're offering IMO.

There are many alternatives in BUD. Of course, the lobby/cafe/restaurant area is impressive and well worth checking out. But you don't need to stay there for that, you can just stop by for a quick coffee.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 4:23 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ffgap
This hotel is totally not worth it, except maybe on points when prices in all of BUD are elevated.
I was really surprised at how hotel prices in Budapest have climbed since my last visit - everything decent is over 300€ per night, for an early January stay, which should be the cheapest time of year. Decided to burn an expiring Cat 7 cert here, rather than paying 378€ for Matild Palace. Will see how it goes . . . .
Old Jan 7, 2024, 3:38 am

Just completed one night stay using expiring Cat 1-7. Overall a nice stay. Upgraded to a "Corner Suite" which as has been noted before is not a suite, and doesn't really even qualify as a junior suite in my book. It's still a nice room though - spacious, well-outfitted, with high-end furnishings. Welcome amenity of chocolates, fruit, and Acqua Panna was a pleasant surprise. The lobby and Parisi Passage are gorgeous. Breakfast was excellent - good selection and all high quality - though service was MIA after first round of beverages. Only off-note was an exceptionally rude and arrogant hostess at Parisi Passage who initially refused to seat us for tea at 4 pm yesterday ("we are only seating for lunch"). I was not interested in playing her little game. We got the table we wanted, and once seated, the service was just fine. Coffee was really not good though, either at tea or breakfast.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 8:59 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Originally Posted by Duane Haas
What is the standard room available at this hotel? I looked at random dates throughout 2024 and couldn't find a single one with availability. Even looking at OpenHotelAlert doesn't say any rooms below King Deluxe.

I'm having the same issue. Trying to book for points in November 2024 and nada even though all room types appear to be available for $$$ booking. I wish Hyatt would come down on hotels that play this game with point rooms.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 2:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by dcstudent
I'm having the same issue. Trying to book for points in November 2024 and nada even though all room types appear to be available for $$$ booking. I wish Hyatt would come down on hotels that play this game with point rooms.
I agree, it irks me that hotels are able to clearly block off participation in a program that brings them so much revenue. There's a fantastic Bonvoy alternative (Matild Palace) not 100 yards away, not to mention the relatively well priced Four Seasons in an arguably better location. The Marriott Hotel Dorothea is also a nice new hotel in a great location and priced well.

That said, I'm currently at Parisi Udvar and it is a wonderful experience, especially if you are are partial to historic venues. If I came again wouldn't mind paying cash, since a points redemption is just over 2c/pt redemption value anyway. If you are trying to game it and only use points, they aren't going to make it easy for us.

Also- I'm in Corner Suite 309 which appears to be slightly nicer than 308 based on the upthread pictures. It has 3 large windows in the expansive bathroom and even a sliver of a Danube view (and Matild Palace). The layout also seems a bit better than x08.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by joachimm
Also- I'm in Corner Suite 309 which appears to be slightly nicer than 308 based on the upthread pictures. It has 3 large windows in the expansive bathroom and even a sliver of a Danube view (and Matild Palace). The layout also seems a bit better than x08.
Interesting. We had 308 . . . IIRC it has a single relatively large curved window in the living room with a sliver of Danube view.

Originally Posted by joachimm
There's a fantastic Bonvoy alternative (Matild Palace) not 100 yards away, not to mention the relatively well priced Four Seasons in an arguably better location.
I considered 4S for our recent stay, but the price was off the charts (and it's not like Mathild or this property were cheap - both were over 350€ per night in cold and wet early January).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.