Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Experiences - Point Upgrades to Premium Suites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 59Impala
Please list properties where you have managed to upgrade to a Premium Suite with 9'000 points. Please list alphabetically by country, then state, if applicable to the US:

General Format:

Hotel name, confirmed suite name, rate type paid, rate, date, additional comments if any.
Please use the exact suite and hotel name as stated on the website/confirmed in your reservation e-mail to avoid any confusion

Abbreviations:
PH = Park Hyatt
GH = Grand Hyatt
HR = Hyatt Regency
HC = Hyatt Centric
HH = Hyatt House
HP = Hyatt Place (not valid)
MR = Miraval Resort
UC = The Unbound Collection

China
PH Beijing, Penthouse Suite, ~USD 250, Feb/March 2019
PH Ningbo Resort and Spa, Park Executive Suite, ¥1800/night, Nov 2019
GH Shanghai, Diplomat Sutie, ¥1020/night (=Standard Rate of that day), Jan 2020

France
HR Paris Etoile - booked and received Executive Suite, no further upgrade (description says Eiffel Tower view but our suite didn't have it so assuming they didn't give us a nice one)

Italy
PH Milan, 510 plus 9,000 points for a Park Executive Suite, November 2019.

Japan
GH Fukuoka, Diplomat Suite ~ USD 185/Night, March 2022 & 2023
PH Tokyo, Diplomat Suite ~ USD 625/Night, Feb/March 2019

Korea
PH Seoul, Diplomat Suite ~ USD 275, Feb/March 2019

St. Kitts
PH St. Kitts, Park Executive Suite, Daily Rate, USD 768.18, Feb 2019 - Daily Rate not mentioned on the website, but quoted by my concierge, about 56 USD higher than "standard rate", my corporate rate is not valid for Premium Suite upgrade

Thailand
HR Bangkok, Regency Deluxe Suite, 6500 THB

United Arab Emirates
PH Abu Dhabi, Prince Suite (Premium), USD 438, March 2020
PH Dubai, Park Executive Suite (Premium), USD 244, April 2020
PH Dubai, Park Terrace Suite (Standard), USD 244, April 2020

United States

California

HR San Francisco, Luxury Suite, USD 299
GH SFO Airport, Executive Suite, USD 259, December 2019

Florida
GH Tampa Bay, Bayview Suite, USD 243, Jan/Feb 2024

Hawaii
HR Waikiki, Penthouse Suite, USD 359
Print Wikipost

Experiences - Point Upgrades to Premium Suites

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2022, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by hp12c
Sorry, but you’ll almost certainly have the same response from Andaz. Even suite upgrades with TSUs aren’t available there.
I know this,I stayed Andaz Tokyo in 2018, and I ask them,Andaz Tokyo aren't available suite upgrade.
but I search Andaz Tokyo official website recently
their have three Premium suite can upgrade.
so I try to ask Andaz Tokyo,even the reply same as Park Hyatt Tokyo,I also want to know is it Andaz Tokyo join the Hyatt premium suite upgrade recently.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:18 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by anthonyma
I share my case about recently

I have a plan to go Tokyo in April 2023 and I want to upgrade premium suite

I already booked standard room and then I email to Park Hyatt Tokyo to upgrade premium suite
I use this method to upgrade standard Suite (Park Suite)many years ago.

but the reply is not good and I think upgrade to premium suite at Park Hyatt Tokyo is very difficult at that moment.

Their reply:
"During this period, our premium suite(Governors Suite/2 double beds) is unfortunately only available with fully paid plan.
I humbly inform you that point upgrade is not an add-on but a plan.
I checked point upgrade plan but Governors Suite is not available under that plan."

I will cancel the booking because I cannot upgrade.

I will try to ask anther Tokyo Hyatt hotel,my another target is Andaz Tokyo.
Why are you booking the base room then emailing?

It’s a different rate plan and, when available, shows up on Hyatt.com when you select awards.

The Standard and Premium Suite Upgrade rates are not guaranteed to be available.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed

It’s a different rate plan and, when available, shows up on Hyatt.com when you select awards.

The Standard and Premium Suite Upgrade rates are not guaranteed to be available.
I used booking the base room then emailing method many years ago,it woks to help me upgrade Standard Suite

I know now this is wrong method,thank you.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 11:06 pm

Thank you to correct me the mistake,i know the right upgrade method.Thank you
It is because I am not to stay Hyatt many years
Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:23 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by anthonyma
I used booking the base room then emailing method many years ago,it woks to help me upgrade Standard Suite

I know now this is wrong method,thank you.
The Standard and Premium Suite Upgrades are set to a fixed rate, generally higher than BAR. You should always compare to the other rates for suites or any Privè Stay, Pay offers.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 1:50 am

The Standard and Premium Suite Upgrades are set to a fixed rate, generally higher than BAR. You should always compare to the other rates for suites or any Privè Stay, Pay offers.
Thank you to give me the tips,I will change to stay Haytt Centric Tokyo and then use upgrade to standard suite.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 11:24 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I booked the GH Tampa Bay and upgraded with 9k points, all online. Very convenient.

rate was 243$+9k points. 7 nights, end of Jan/early Feb 24.
Bayview Suite.

this is actually our favorite suite. It used to be a standard suite and we used TSÚs previously, so that is a bit a bummer, that it is considered a premium suite nowadays.

looking at the same dates today, the standard room is 400$+…. So I picked the right time to book my suite

Last edited by 59Impala; Dec 25, 2023 at 11:29 pm
Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:26 pm

I am currently booked in a Standard Suite at the Grand Hyatt Athens: we booked a standard room and used a suite upgrade certificate.

Is there a way to pay for the difference (3k points per night..?) to upgrade to a Premium Suite (which is available as per the site)?

I asked the World of Hyatt online chat, and he advised to email/call the property... Is it even worth the trouble?
Old Jan 7, 2024, 5:04 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by LeonS
I asked the World of Hyatt online chat, and he advised to email/call the property... Is it even worth the trouble?
I think the question becomes whether the hotel has the power to directly deduct points from your account- outside the standard online system through WOH. If so, then it'll really be at hotel discretion.
TBH, I don't think hotels view SUAs in the same vein as the LP Suite/Premium Suite upgrade rates, but you never know.
Good luck and report back your findings.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 5:26 pm

the key with points upgrades is the hotel gets the full standard rate first and then a de minimis pittance, under $100/n for standard and $150/n for premium. there is no high occupancy pump either based upon the a higher suite adr. same for points awards for suites, not much extra revenue for more points used and high occupancy pump still based upon standard room adr. same for globalist tsu certs. not much revenue upside, cost of being hyatt flagged. in demand properties that actually sell preium suites paid are not often interested in paid cash upgrades on top of tsus because that free up the standard suite to be booked by another upgrader.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
the key with points upgrades is the hotel gets the full standard rate first and then a de minimis pittance, under $100/n for standard and $150/n for premium. there is no high occupancy pump either based upon the a higher suite adr. same for points awards for suites, not much extra revenue for more points used and high occupancy pump still based upon standard room adr. same for globalist tsu certs. not much revenue upside, cost of being hyatt flagged. in demand properties that actually sell preium suites paid are not often interested in paid cash upgrades on top of tsus because that free up the standard suite to be booked by another upgrader.
be that as it may, the poster makes it sound like GH Athens is offering points upgrades to the premium suite, which they do not have to do, so they're obviously not high demand and the hotel may be receptive to some kind of upgrade offer. Whether that could possibly include a small points amount or not I have no idea, but it might be doable with a small cash increase since, as you point out, the compensation they'd receive from Hyatt is minimal.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 11:43 am

They responded:

Kindly be informed that your reservation is already confirmed for a Grand suite with 1 king bed using the STEX award. Also, please note that we are not able add miles for upgrades in Grand Hyatt Athens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.