Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Old Jun 3, 22, 2:49 am
  #886  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LGA/JFK/EWR
Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Posts: 20,917
31 nights now, 40 by end of June, still some H2 leisure stays + plenty of CC nights...60 no problem

Originally Posted by rhg247 View Post
Yes, definitely. Plus it lured me away from Marriott (LTP and current Titanium) and opened my eyes to what a better loyalty program can be like. I know i'm not even a blip on Marriott's radar, but that is ~15k they will lose out on this year. And I doubt I'm the only one. I wonder how many defectors it'll take for them to notice and maybe improve things over in bonvoyland, but that's a topic for another thread.
Smart move! Marriott hates its customers & just wait until redemption goes fully variable for them next year...
rhg247 likes this.
UA-NYC is offline  
Old Jun 3, 22, 3:31 am
  #887  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,516
29 nights by end of February. Still 29 nights as I'm stuck in Shanghai. Not sure I'll be able to requalify at the current situation of Covid control
SHLTP is online now  
Old Jun 5, 22, 5:47 pm
  #888  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Durham, NC (RDU/GSO/CLT)
Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA 1K, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Glob, IHG Dia-AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 33,182
19 Nights with 7 booked. I'm close to being done with Marriott Titanium so I can hit Hyatt hard in the second half of the year. Globalist will still be hard to keep though, we'll see.
CMK10 is offline  
Old Jun 5, 22, 6:03 pm
  #889  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,147
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
19 Nights with 7 booked. I'm close to being done with Marriott Titanium so I can hit Hyatt hard in the second half of the year. Globalist will still be hard to keep though, we'll see.
Id say theres a good chance for double nights promo or reduced requirements depending on how many true globalists are looking like they will not requalify.
Matt4200 is online now  
Old Jun 5, 22, 6:27 pm
  #890  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: WAS
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A-List Pref & CP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,056
29 nights with 8 planned the rest of June. Should hit with mix of business and leisure. Im at 99 Marriott nights (30 from credit card and some double nights) but only $11500 spend for Ambassador. Globalist will be priority over Ambassador although Marriott has a better footprint where Im traveling right now.
Duke777 is offline  
Old Jun 5, 22, 6:50 pm
  #891  
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 337
Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
Id say theres a good chance for double nights promo or reduced requirements depending on how many true globalists are looking like they will not requalify.
See I think the opposite. With the huge up coming summer travel demand and all the Globalist created from last year's promo I think Hyatt going to try and pare down the amount of Globalists out there.
Tonyr4 is offline  
Old Jun 5, 22, 7:02 pm
  #892  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,147
Originally Posted by Tonyr4 View Post
See I think the opposite. With the huge up coming summer travel demand and all the Globalist created from last year's promo I think Hyatt going to try and pare down the amount of Globalists out there.
And a double EQN promo is just the way to do that.

The vast majority of those who qualified as a 30 night globalist did so by only staying 10-15 actual nights (10 nights + new WOH Cardholder).

Lets say they launch it in September which is off peak season and after travel demand has died down. This gives a huge boost to September through November travel which is historically on the low end and gives historically 60 night globalists the opportunity to requalify. The 10 and 15 night Globalists would still have to get to 30 or 60 with a double EQN promo and the majority of them wont, the few that do spent good $ with Hyatt and they get 1 more year as a Glob.

Every other major hotel company has offered extensions, this isnt an extension its an opportunity and recognizes there is an issue still going on that we still are in a pandemic.

I know at least 5 people personally who were globalists pre-pandemic and will not be able to hit 60 this year due to just life being completely altered due to the pandemic.

If Hyatt didnt do something and they just let those Globalists die out they wouldnt even try to requalify because theyd be staying 60 nights with no benefits brutally battling their way up to 60.

See it how youd like, but I can see many longtime Globalists irreparably harmed from it. Whereas if they did something those people would continue to requalify and spend with Hyatt for years, maybe even decades to come.
Matt4200 is online now  
Old Jun 5, 22, 7:24 pm
  #893  
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 337
Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
And a double EQN promo is just the way to do that.

The vast majority of those who qualified as a 30 night globalist did so by only staying 10-15 actual nights (10 nights + new WOH Cardholder).

Lets say they launch it in September which is off peak season and after travel demand has died down. This gives a huge boost to September through November travel which is historically on the low end and gives historically 60 night globalists the opportunity to requalify. The 10 and 15 night Globalists would still have to get to 30 or 60 with a double EQN promo and the majority of them wont, the few that do spent good $ with Hyatt and they get 1 more year as a Glob.

Every other major hotel company has offered extensions, this isnt an extension its an opportunity and recognizes there is an issue still going on that we still are in a pandemic.

I know at least 5 people personally who were globalists pre-pandemic and will not be able to hit 60 this year due to just life being completely altered due to the pandemic.

If Hyatt didnt do something and they just let those Globalists die out they wouldnt even try to requalify because theyd be staying 60 nights with no benefits brutally battling their way up to 60.

See it how youd like, but I can see many longtime Globalists irreparably harmed from it. Whereas if they did something those people would continue to requalify and spend with Hyatt for years, maybe even decades to come.
We will see what they do soon enough I guess but looking back through the uneventful promos they've done over the last year or so I wouldn't hold my breath. Having less Globalists is not a bad thing btw for anyone who can maintain the status. It was way too easy last year.
Tonyr4 is offline  
Old Jun 5, 22, 7:30 pm
  #894  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 143
I have 32 nights and will hit 39 end of this week, about 20+ nights on leisure for rest of the year plus more potential business travels so won’t be an issue to requalify Glob. Also, I have 110 nights on Marriott so far this year for Titanium but too hard to hit Ambassador so won’t be pursuing that.
zoneflyer is offline  
Old Jun 5, 22, 7:56 pm
  #895  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: ATL/TLV/SDF
Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Hilton/IHG Diamond, LT UA Silver.
Posts: 2,128
Only 10 nights so far. Hyatt's thin footprint is working against me, as are their sorry properties in some metros e.g. DFW and I don't think I want to stay at another HP ever again.
CMK10 likes this.
born sleepy is offline  
Old Jun 5, 22, 9:24 pm
  #896  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,147
Originally Posted by Tonyr4 View Post
We will see what they do soon enough I guess but looking back through the uneventful promos they've done over the last year or so I wouldn't hold my breath. Having less Globalists is not a bad thing btw for anyone who can maintain the status. It was way too easy last year.
Theres already going to be a very significant drop in the amount of Globalists regardless of if they either reduce requirements or do a double EQN promo. As explained above most met it with 10-15 nights so even getting to 30 nights for the vast majority of those is not feasible.

A double EQN promo costs Hyatt Corporate virtually nothing and keeps Hyatts most loyal guests (pre-pandemic Globalists) within their portfolio rather than ostracizing them due to the pandemic. Especially with business travel likely not to return any time soon to pre-pandemic levels Hyatt needs to be very weary.

Im well aware of their lackluster promos as almost anyone reading this forum is, theyre well overdue for a couple home runs. Im guessing based on all available data that the vast majority of stays over the summer will be on points, rather than revenue stays which is a big hit.

Theyd be on points for a few reasons -

1) People booked last November after the unveiling of the Peak pricing chart which obviously would be Peak almost all summer.

2) People booked prior to category changes at desirable properties and saved a great deal.

3) Award stays offer complimentary parking to Globalists. If the new Hyatt was smart theyd run a complimentary parking for Globalist promo this gives Globs the freedom to choose revenue vs. award stays whereas the current model almost literally forces Globs to choose award stays to avoid $40-$50 daily parking fees.

4) Points stays from non-Globalists waive Resort fees which can be enticing to avoid $30 a day in fees.
Matt4200 is online now  
Old Jun 5, 22, 9:59 pm
  #897  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: USA
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, World of Hyatt Globalist, AAdvantage Gold, United Premier Silver
Posts: 1,574
39 nights as of today - stays booked up until mid-July - 7 more Hyatt nights. So I'll be at 46 by mid-July.
ElevatorEnthusiast is offline  
Old Jun 5, 22, 10:15 pm
  #898  
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,010
I have a feeling Hyatt wont do the double/triple promos anymore for the remainder of this year. ADRs are already through the roof/back to pre-pandemic levels.

hyatt has caught on
Gertjaars is offline  
Old Jun 6, 22, 12:02 am
  #899  
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: AUH
Posts: 7,948
Sitting at only 7 EQN at the moment but 20k Base Points - and now I can't decide whether to try to requalify by points or nights...
stargold is online now  
Old Jun 6, 22, 5:17 am
  #900  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LGA/JFK/EWR
Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Posts: 20,917
Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
Im guessing based on all available data that the vast majority of stays over the summer will be on points, rather than revenue stays which is a big hit.
Sorry but this is ludicrous
ORDnHKG, skj, ralphs and 2 others like this.
UA-NYC is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread