FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - As of today...How far are you from requalifying?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 9:24 pm
Matt4200

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tonyr4
We will see what they do soon enough I guess but looking back through the uneventful promos they've done over the last year or so I wouldn't hold my breath. Having less Globalists is not a bad thing btw for anyone who can maintain the status. It was way too easy last year.
There’s already going to be a very significant drop in the amount of Globalists regardless of if they either reduce requirements or do a double EQN promo. As explained above most met it with 10-15 nights so even getting to 30 nights for the vast majority of those is not feasible.

A double EQN promo costs Hyatt Corporate virtually nothing and keeps Hyatts most loyal guests (pre-pandemic Globalists) within their portfolio rather than ostracizing them due to the pandemic. Especially with business travel likely not to return any time soon to pre-pandemic levels Hyatt needs to be very weary.

I’m well aware of their lackluster promos as almost anyone reading this forum is, they’re well overdue for a couple home runs. I’m guessing based on all available data that the vast majority of stays over the summer will be on points, rather than revenue stays which is a big hit.

They’d be on points for a few reasons -

1) People booked last November after the unveiling of the Peak pricing chart which obviously would be Peak almost all summer.

2) People booked prior to category changes at desirable properties and saved a great deal.

3) Award stays offer complimentary parking to Globalists. If the new Hyatt was smart they’d run a complimentary parking for Globalist promo this gives Globs the freedom to choose revenue vs. award stays whereas the current model almost literally forces Globs to choose award stays to avoid $40-$50 daily parking fees.

4) Points stays from non-Globalists waive Resort fees which can be enticing to avoid $30 a day in fees.