FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I thought the response to Markie's inquiry to Zidell confirmed that anyone not requalifying for their present tier would be downgraded just one tier. Did I misunderstand?
I should have been clearer... for 2017 yes, after that who knows....
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I thought the response to Markie's inquiry to Zidell confirmed that anyone not requalifying for their present tier would be downgraded just one tier.
I've seen that stated in more than one place.

If so, it's incredibly generous.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kacee
If so, it's incredibly generous.
Especially since Explorer has so many benefits.....
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
might have to convince management and point to the new rules to force upgrade into suites
Let us know how that goes
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by RTW1
Especially since Explorer has so many benefits.....
Not worth 30 nights, but free is free. There are a number of properties where I would absolutely make use of the club upgrades.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 11:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Sure, I would use them if they still provide a soft landing in 2018. But it's a far cry from being incredibly generous. From a program perspective I even find it to be incredibly stupid....

They now provide those that haven't qualified for Diamond under the old rules with some free benefits they wouldn't have had otherwise. And since if you cannot qualify under the old rules there's little chance you will qualify this year, so what's the point?

Should they do this again in 2018 it's even worse since they now also extend the free benefits to all those status matchers from last year, again what's the point? It's not like you haven't experienced club access when you were Diamond/Glob for the whole past year and those 4 club stays will suddenly convince you to go for 60 nights again....(without having club access for most of them that year).
Old Jan 19, 2017, 11:44 pm

From a program perspective I even find it to be incredibly stupid....
So what? I'll take the soft-landing and call it generous. Because it is.

You can call it whatever you like.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
I should have been clearer... for 2017 yes, after that who knows....
See post #2556, which confirms a one-tier downgrade each year. At least, that's the promise from Zidell.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by JackE
See post #2556, which confirms a one-tier downgrade each year. At least, that's the promise from Zidell.
For Diamonds who qualified in 2016, who will therefore be Globs for 2017, if they were to ignore Glob requalification in 2017 completely and just focus on spending points and demanding suite upgrades on every stay then, come 1 Jan 2018, kick off a 60 night mattress run, they'd be back to Glob for the remainder of 2018 and all of 2019, and Explorist for 2020?

Assuming WoH doesn't get canned in the meantime, of course.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Kacee
So what? I'll take the soft-landing and call it generous. Because it is.

You can call it whatever you like.
The soft-landing has been Hyatt practice before, hasn't it?

Soft-landings by Hyatt competitors is nothing new to me.

That is why I don't see this as all that generous.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

There is no soft landing now... that's why it contradicts with all the other savings.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by JackE
"As always" ?

Does that mean that in the past Diamonds who failed to requalify but had less than 5 stays or 15 nights were given Plat status is the subequent year?

If we take Zidell at his word, it is never more than a one tier downgrade no matter how little activity the member has.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
With everybody singing, "It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small, small world."
The way things are looking it might be an increasingly small world indeed!
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Soft-landings by Hyatt competitors is nothing new to me.
I was Hilton Diamond for a couple years about 8-9 years ago and I'm pretty sure I was downgraded to Silver, the tier I earned, rather than being soft-landed to Gold.

Is Hilton doing softlandings now? I was matched to Hilton Dia on the basis of my Hyatt Dia, but my activity would only earn Silver. You think I'll be soft-landed to Gold at the end of March?

If other programs only soft-land on a case-by-case basis but Hyatt is guaranteeing never more than a one-tier downgrade, I would call that generous.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
As always, our members are transitioned down one tier if they fail to qualify to maintain their tier level.

So someone who is a Glob in 2017 and has zero nights in 2017 will be Explo in 2018 and then if they have zero nights in 2018 will be Disco in 2019?

I guess that's generous. Or on the other hand, maybe its just meaningless...
So, as a Globalist (shudder) starting in March, what's my incentive to hit 30 nights this year even if my goal is Explorist? Seems like no incentive. WoH gets even more stupid and ill-thought out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.