Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: griffingrowl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2016, 2:20 pm

restaurant prices

for those of us travelling on P+C, how much are the breakfast prices? Anyone know if it's the same for small children (<2 years)?

how are the main restaurant prices if we want to keep food costs down?
Old Dec 28, 2016, 5:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Breakfast is included in all rates....except those on points, strange...
Not a problem if you are Diamond, but otherwise you will have to pay. The prices at the café aren't that bad.

I think there's little you can do, the property is a bit remote to go have breakfast elsewhere.

Last edited by RTW1; Dec 28, 2016 at 5:53 am
Old Dec 28, 2016, 5:48 am

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
Breakfast is included in all rates....
Even full points redemptions? I emailed the hotel about my stay in Sept 2017 and they said that currently breakfast is not included in my rate. Should I email them again?
Old Dec 28, 2016, 6:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No free breakfast on all reservations using points.... (I was editing my post).
Old Dec 28, 2016, 6:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
I wanna say breakfast is around 32 € per person. If your trying to be cost aware probably not a great spot. Each dinner for 2 was 300€ with wine
Old Dec 28, 2016, 6:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I feel that you need a car if you stay here.... so there would probably be plenty of other dinner options as well.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 5:47 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
You need a car for sure here, and then you have plenty of options for breakfast, lunch and dinner off property.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by stephem
You need a car for sure here, and then you have plenty of options for breakfast, lunch and dinner off property.
This. We spent 7 nights here last year, and only ate dinner on property one night (breakfast was included). There are a ton of excellent, reasonably priced restaurants within a 10-20 minute drive; the resort can point you towards many of them. I think there were also places to eat down by the beach; you could just hop on one of the resort's bikes, or even jog down there in the morning for breakfast (I ran to the beach and back every morning).

FWIW, we also bought excellent bottles of wine in town for less than the cost of one glass at the resort.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 4:02 am

Loving this resort. Best DSU suite in the system, right up there with Andaz Mayakoba and PH Tokyo.

The pool situation is nuts though.
Upper jacuzzi is heated to 80.
Next lower splash/plunge pool is heated to 80.
Next lower large, main pool is not heated - ice cold. The hotel
simply did not install heating equipment. Doubt it pleasant outside 6 weeks in peak summer.
The lowest pool is for the ninas.

No laps for me this trip.

But, still love it overall. Asia food excellent. Very drinkable $25 local wine bottles. Perfect diamond breakfast til 11am.

Staff are top notch. Sexy bartenders at Tapas, open til 12M.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:28 pm

Is it a bad idea to visit in November? Will everything be shut and nothing to do? I know I can forget about swimming so that's okay. Will it be hard to hail cabs to go places if we decide not to rent a car?

Does anyone know how much the hotel charges for a transfer to/from the airport?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:21 pm

Sixt rental, automatic, for a week was EUR120.
Roads are excellent.
Rent a car.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Hotel transfers are about 90 Euros via cab or about 250 Euros if pre arranged thru hotel. (each way)

I would get a car. While they can call you cabs you pay more and it certainly is a drive to many places..

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Is it a bad idea to visit in November? Will everything be shut and nothing to do? I know I can forget about swimming so that's okay. Will it be hard to hail cabs to go places if we decide not to rent a car?

Does anyone know how much the hotel charges for a transfer to/from the airport?

Last edited by footastic; Mar 29, 2017 at 11:55 am
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
Sixt rental, automatic, for a week was EUR120.
Roads are excellent.
Rent a car.
It looks like your stay was in March. That is a great car rental rate but to put it in perspective rates are double that in May and then again appear to be significantly higher again in the summer - a Ford Focus with automatic transmission through Sixt is a little over $500 a week in August.

In case it hasn't been noted previously, the hotel offers both onsite parking at no charge and complimentary valet parking. Parking is apparently also complimentary for people visiting the spa and restaurants.

Last edited by speedytimmy; May 25, 2017 at 10:32 am
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:42 pm

even a $500/w, it's worth it. So much to explore - the road out to figuera, capdepera castle, palma.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Any recommendations for restaurants that are nearest to the hotel? We are staying here next week with our two boys (4 and 6). Our flight from Madrid gets in around 3.30pm so I don't expect to be at the hotel until around 5, 530. I don't love eating at hotels and would love something good and local near by (nothing fancy) for our first dinner. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.