Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: griffingrowl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: GP Dia, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold
planning a quick 4d/3n trip here for mid July with the wife and 4yo. Do any of the bikes have a kid seat I could throw him on or is our best bet to walk/shuttle/drive to the beach?

Also - anybody check out the kids club recently?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by DjRashonal
planning a quick 4d/3n trip here for mid July with the wife and 4yo. Do any of the bikes have a kid seat I could throw him on or is our best bet to walk/shuttle/drive to the beach?

Also - anybody check out the kids club recently?
I didn't see any bikes with kids seats. The walk isn't especially picturesque. If you have a car, I would drive but there are more highly rated beaches not far away.

Last edited by speedytimmy; Jun 23, 2017 at 8:14 am
Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by speedytimmy
I didn't see any bikes with kids seats. The walk isn't especially picturesque. If you have a car, I would drive but there are more highly rated beaches not far away.
Thanks! That's excatly the info I was looking for!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:19 pm

While the walk to the nearby beach is fine for adults, I wouldn't want a small child. There are a few places with no sidewalk, including one blind corner. Probably best to get the hotel to run you down (takes 5 minutes).

Also, +1 on there being way better beaches maybe a 30 minute drive away. Do a google image search for "Eastern Mallorca Beaches" and look at pictures of places like Calo des Moro or Cala Mondrago.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Any advice on how to get from the airport PMI to the hotel most effectively? Rental car versus taxi/Uber? Any particular deals on car rentals? Staying 2 nights. Thank you
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

In my opinion visiting here without a rental car is a bit foolish.... and I hope you have more than 2 nights in Mallorca as well.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
In my opinion visiting here without a rental car is a bit foolish.... and I hope you have more than 2 nights in Mallorca as well.
Describing not renting a car for travel to the Park Hyatt Mallorca as foolish might be a little harsh, in some circumstances.

We rented a car for a six night stay and I was certainly happy with that decision. Prices obviously vary throughout the year but we rented what turned out to be an Audi A4 sedan from Budget with very low mileage/kms for just over 200 Euros. Valet parking at the Park Hyatt Mallorca is complimentary and the service is great. If you have had a long day out, it is really very pleasant to pull up front, transfer to one of the golf carts right and be driven up to your room.

The OP was asking for the most effective [efficient?] way of getting to the PH for a two night stay. In terms of the most efficient option, picking up an already reserved rental car is probably going to take longer than getting in a pre-reserved taxi/limo. There are probably also people tired after connecting from overnight flights, less familiar with driving in Europe and for people coming from the US less accustomed to roundabouts (rotary in US vernacular).

This link was in one of the reviews I read of the property: http://www.taximallorca365.com/en/

For a randomly picked two day roundtrip from the airport to Canyamel in July the cost was listed as 180 Euros. I haven’t used this so can’t describe what the cars are like, but as a comparison, I think I read the hotel can arrange a one-way limo for 170 Euros, 150 Euros for regular transportation.

Last edited by speedytimmy; Jul 14, 2017 at 5:11 pm
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: UA Junkie / Hyatt Diamond (fine, Globalist)
My wife and I spent sometime in Mallorca at the Park Hyatt this past September. One of our favorite memories was spending several hours at a cove (Cala Na Clara) with crystal clear water near Betlem. I don't remember exactly how we discovered it, but I think the concierge recommended it. I didn't post about it before, I wasn't sure that I could exactly remember how to get there. Luckily, I just stumbled across this post about how to get there. You basically park at the end of the road just northwest of Betlem and walk 15 minutes down a gravel road to a trail off the left. There are more pictures below. It was not super crowded and had more of a local vibe. The picture below is a photo I took with just my iPhone. One small tip, it is better to go in the afternoon once the sun has had a chance to make it over the hill to the east. We were told that it can be shaded by the hill in the morning.

http://mallorca.ezebee.com/en/discov...s-in-mallorca/
Attached Images  
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by speedytimmy
Describing not renting a car for travel to the Park Hyatt Mallorca as foolish might be a little harsh [in some circumstances
Going to a remote resort where there's little to do for too short a time where the airport is on the other side of the island...mmm.

Not getting a car is the wrong choice for 99% of people. No need to sugarcoat that.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
Going to a remote resort where there's little to do for too short a time where the airport is on the other side of the island...mmm.

Not getting a car is the wrong choice for 99% of people. No need to sugarcoat that.
In the global scheme of things, the Park Hyatt is hardly a "remote resort". The drive from PMI does take about an hour, but is quite scenic, more so if you are the one not actually driving.

There being "little to do" is also very subjective. For some, getting up, having a relaxing breakfast, going to the gym, having lunch, getting a spa treatment and spending time at the pool before dinner is an ideal day.

Last edited by speedytimmy; Jul 13, 2017 at 2:36 pm
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That sounds like a typical stay for a Boarding Area blog.

I can only hope most others would actually be a bit more sensible and stay a bit longer and see something of the island as well. But whatever floats your boat....
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:36 am

I would say of any hotel I've stayed at, this might be the one that most benefits from having a rental car.

- It's a decent drive from the airport. Yes, you could cab it, but you'd spend a fair amount for a RT.

- Valet is free.

- Food on property is high quality, but expensive. Food a short drive away is high quality, plentiful, and inexpensive. There are no real off-property dining options accessible without a car, though (maybe something by the beach).

- There is one beach nearby that is walkable, and just ok. There are dozens of world-class beaches 20-120 minutes away via car.

- There is great shopping nearby that requires a car to get to.

- There are cool local festivals that require cars to get to.

- Roads are in good condition, generally safe, police are not corrupt, etc.

- Hotel pool is small and unimpressive, so couples, and especially families with anything over than very young children are unlikely to be satisfied spending a lot of time there.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Reisen

- Hotel pool is small and unimpressive, so couples, and especially families with anything over than very young children are unlikely to be satisfied spending a lot of time there.
Unheated, too.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:45 pm

Did anyone find a good local option to rent snorkel gear? I emailed the concierge and they said they dont rent any, but they DO offer Scuba excursions....which is exactly what I was looking for for me and my 4 year old /sarcasm.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Reisen
I would say of any hotel I've stayed at, this might be the one that most benefits from having a rental car.
I don't recall seeing information regarding this anywhere in the thread, but one blog review I read mentioned the hotel has cars for rent - https://www.travelingwellforless.com...yatt-mallorca/:

"The Park Hyatt offers car rentals starting from 50 euro for a Hyundai Iio, a small compact car that fits four people."

This may be an option for people that don't want to deal with a car rental on arrival but still want to be able to get out and explore the island during their stay.

With free valet parking and the cost of getting to the property by taxi/limousine, the case for renting a car for the duration of the trip remains very compelling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.