Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: griffingrowl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I just came back from Mallorca. Had a BMW X1 with automatic transmission from Avis. No problems. Avis Preferred meant that I could just walk in the garage at PMI and go to the Preferred desk and pick up the keys. Was 211 EUR for six days (no underage fee for me). Hertz seems to have similar rates for what looked like a smaller/lower end car. If you are not used to stick shift, would definitely recommend automatic. There are many scenic narrow roads where you don't want to have to focus on shifting gears.

Re the kids discussed above - we stayed at a different resort near Alcudia and since the summer holidays in Germany were over, there were mostly (older) adults and some young couples with toddlers/infants. No problems. I would have expected a very different scene during school breaks.

Hope you have checked out the average temps for Mallorca for December.
very nice rate indeed.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Obiekang
We are planning to stay at PH Mallorca over Christmas. 230 Euro per night looks like a good deal for PH, so we might pass C+P option, and use DSU since they have plenty of availability from Dec 23rd- Dec 28th. Just wondering if anyone stayed here over winter time, we are having a short vacation here for five days, looking for some laid back experience before celebrating the New Year in Barcelona.

Of course this hotel has never been open in wintertime, so nobody knows...

Having just completed a week in an amazing suite here, I highly recommend using a DSU. However, in winter, the best one can say is that the weather can be highly variable in the Balearics. You are unlikely to be swimming in the pool (I don't know if they will start heating it, but the water was quite cold in September) and the spa doesn't have the indoor pool/jacuzzi that one might expect. So I can't imagine there's a whole lot to do on-property in winter.

Off property... you are at least an hour's drive from Palma, even further from some of the other tourist attractions on the island such as Soller and Tramuntana. If you get nice weather, I'm sure you will appreciate being able to wander around places without the masses. If you get lousy weather, you will probably wish you'd spent 230 euros per night in London, Madrid or Paris where you could do museums, culture etc.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:45 pm

We've just completed a stay at PH Mallorca in a suite as well. We were very impressed with the property but a bit perplexed that the pools weren't heated and there are no plans to do so. It sounded to me when I mentioned it at checkout that they are aware this is going to be a problem come winter. They did mention that there's going to be an indoor pool at the country club and they're going to see if they can get hotel guests "preferential rates" there. We'll have to wait and see what happens! Great hotel for the summer though. Shame they've already hiked the cash rates for next year from €600 to €850 for the lead-in during peak season.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
I used National Car Rental, which was actually fulfilled by Enterprise, which was actually billed to me as Atesa. Getting an automatic was like pulling teeth with them, even though that's what I had booked...
Old Oct 7, 2016, 12:14 pm

thanks a lot for your information. Now I understand why December is significantly cheap in Mallorca
Old Oct 7, 2016, 12:20 pm

I just came back from Mallorca. Had a BMW X1 with automatic transmission from Avis. No problems. Avis Preferred meant that I could just walk in the garage at PMI and go to the Preferred desk and pick up the keys. Was 211 EUR for six days (no underage fee for me). Hertz seems to have similar rates for what looked like a smaller/lower end car. If you are not used to stick shift, would definitely recommend automatic. There are many scenic narrow roads where you don't want to have to focus on shifting gears.

Re the kids discussed above - we stayed at a different resort near Alcudia and since the summer holidays in Germany were over, there were mostly (older) adults and some young couples with toddlers/infants. No problems. I would have expected a very different scene during school breaks.

Thanks a lot for your information. I'm actually a bit concern about the weather, not sure if I should pick some other destinations for Christmas trip. Maybe Greece is better
Old Oct 8, 2016, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Obiekang
Thanks a lot for your information. I'm actually a bit concern about the weather, not sure if I should pick some other destinations for Christmas trip. Maybe Greece is better
Greece would probably be much of the same. Europeans flock to the Canary Island in Winter, it is about the only place in Europe where you can expect 20 C or above. We tried Cyprus one Christmas, it was decent enough (15-20 C) but still glad there were some cities around to visit. IF you enjoy outdoorsy actvities like biking and walking tours in the mountain, Mallorca can work though. A friend of mine did just that last Christmas and had a great time.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
I have to say I have thoroughly enjoyed reading posts on this thread complaining about kids at the property. Yes, people are complaining about kids when they chose to stay at a Resort.....in Mallorca....in AUGUST !!!!!!.

Talk about not thinking about or planning the timing of your trip....
Old Oct 10, 2016, 4:57 am

MAN Flyer, you have to take into consideration that the resort advertises an adults-only pool. Also these comments may be valuable to many here, as they can adjust their own travel plans according to these reports. You may have seen that coming, but still it is worth noting. That's what this forum is about.

Last edited by scented; Oct 10, 2016 at 1:35 pm
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:02 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Very nice resort and as expected not problem with kids at all (and there are lots of them here right now).

Pool still unheated.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:04 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Reisen
Oh yeah, one last thing since I remembered it came up below; AC has not been an issue. Close the doors to the bathroom and the rest of the suite, and the bedroom gets downright chilly at night.
Actually the living room is ice cold all day whatever you set the AC.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: HH D i a m o n d !!!
Any comments related to upgrade chances for diamond vs (lowly) gold at PH Mallorca? Seems like diamonds - thus far - have had very good chance of upgrades but I'm not sure I've read about any golds? TIA
Old Oct 17, 2016, 1:53 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Great hotel.

Just back from a stay here.

Will start off by saying spectacular. The suites are amazing and large. The hotel is one of my favourites now.

I stayed in suite 14 and 22. 22 is a so called view suite. Nice view and double balcony but I preferred the suite with a large terrace and sun loungers (14) I am surprised these suites are the lowest or entry category for suites. Incredible value with P&C and a DSU. It is nice to have such a great property within easy reach of us European Diamonds who have limited hotels otherwise. This hotel I am sure will be a place I spend a few days at every year. I expect rates will rise though and P&C availability will decrease because at the moment it is wide open most of the time.

A few comments:

Breakfast for Diamonds is great. No restrictions and the produce is first class. They are still refining their service to PH levels though. We got the wrong order of eggs a few times and I bet in summer it can be slow. They have only been open since June so to be expected. They are trying hard though. F&B is probably the weakest area in the hotel overall, not from product point of view but from a service side. House keeping though certainly do have the right level of service they are excellent.

On steps, yes there are a lot of steps but this did not bother me at all.

The pools should all be heated. The main pool is not and is Baltic. The sea was warmer. The smaller adult only pool is heated and I found very comfortable at about 30c. Pool was full of kids but to be expected so no worries. I can see why in summer this should be an adult only place. In autumn though when it is the only pool warm enough to get into, expect little ones which do not bother me unless they are little screaming monsters.

I do not understand why they did not heat all the pools. A bit silly really. They will remain open all year unlike most hotels in Mallorca so they should have factored that in. June and Sep/Oct will be a great time to visit as the crowds will be gone and the weather somewhat stable.

The country club is not complete yet and taking into account siestas on Mallorca ������ I am not convinced it will be this year. It will add a lot to do though particularly in the fringe seasons when the weather is not so hot.

If you play Golf there is plenty to keep you busy in this part of the island.

The location of the hotel from my perspective is excellent. Yes it is not direct on the beach but this is not a problem. As many have said a hire car is required.

Cala Radjada is delightful and a 10 min drive although I can imagine in summer it is packed. Plenty of places to eat and sip wine. I really liked it. I can recommend mama pizza which is a swanky place with great food. They also have incredible prices on Moët champagne with Rose at 53€ if that is your thing.

Canymel is very quiet but worth a morning stroll post breakfast. I did not eat here as I headed to CR most evenings.

I took the drive to Cap Formentor which was pretty fun but you need to be a confident driver, if not don't bother.

Finally a bit more detail on the suite. Great smelling Bottega Veneta products in large 100ml bottles. I really like the smell of this stuff I have to say.

Towels and bathrobes are very soft and have an extrem luxury feel. Water pressure is good but did find the water is strongly chlorinated. I think this is a problem that will endure because water can be a problem in general on Mallorca. What is missing in the suite is towel hooks. They seem to be completely vacant barring 2 near the shower. This leads to you not being able to reuse towels because they don't dry which is a shame on the eco front. They should retro fit some hooks or something.

The bed is super comfy and the bedding is of a high quality. Suite 14 has a TV that raises out of the bed which is kinda cool.

I did not have a problem with the aircon. I set the living room to 24.5 and it was very nice indeed. I know some have said it was a problem. It was not for me.

Coffee machine in room with plenty of capsules and water is replenished daily. I got a bottle of Mallorca red in the suite which is probably standard practice.

2 toilets in the suite. The view suite has a huge living room but I found the shower very slim. The shower in the king suite was larger and wider also interestingly is that the bath in the king suite has a view where as the view suite the bath is hidden away so no view. I prefer the king suite.

The garden is huge if you get suite 14 but there is a room at the same level and you may find people strolling across the garden. There are 2 loungers in front of 1 of the terraces but the occupants of the room next to our suite assumed it was ok to acquire them which is a little odd considering they are on the terrace of the suite and right outside the bathroom. Pictures to follow. I certainly would not be hanging around the window of other guests bathrooms. ��. The ground level suites also have 5 sets of opening double doors which is a huge frontage for an entry level suite. I will try and upload some pictures later. It gives a very grand feeling to this suite and would be my recommendation. I enjoyed watching the sun go down on the loungers sipping on Cava.

Overall I was very impressed with the PH Mallorca. Considering how recent they opened they have really got their act together. Yes they have a little bit of polishing to deliver PH standards but they are very close which is very impressive.

This property will only get better. It is a most welcomed and excellent addition to the European Hyatt portfolio.

In the words of Arnold, I will be back......
Old Nov 4, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Thanks for your review, dewby. Trusting your judgment, I just made a P+C reservation there .
Old Nov 6, 2016, 1:21 pm

You won't be disappointed. We also stayed in Suite 14 (back in September) and it was fab. We didn't have a problem with anybody using OUR loungers ;-)

Suite Tour: https://youtu.be/m47Q3TaPJ2M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.