Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: griffingrowl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2016, 11:20 am

Sodashi? Little ultra-violet bottles? That would great news... excellent news actually.

Edit: Just read on the website, it's ESPA.... oh no.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 11:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Originally Posted by scented
Sodashi? Little ultra-violet bottles? That would great news... excellent news actually.

Edit: Just read on the website, it's ESPA.... oh no.
Hmm the treatment I had was pink glass jars I thouht ESPA was the big glass cubes - I can't make out the name. It seemed similar too the product I had in Vienna last year.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by stvr
Negatives
-for an American, A/C was very weak. 2-3 times a night we would wake up in a sweat. Given that this hotel is new, I guess I just have to accept that new Spanish construction skimps on quality A/C.
Thanks for this info!

Just stayed at the PH in Zanzibar, where AC would not go below 21 C.

I am not frequenting one more PH with the same problem.

So am going to cancel my 7 night PH Mallorca reservation for next summer.

Last edited by travelexpert; Aug 14, 2016 at 3:25 pm
Old Aug 13, 2016, 11:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
the setting goes to 20c. Definitely a bit warm for sleep.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Luxury brands should not be skimping when it comes to guest comfort.

Sadly, PH is engaging in trying to save money--at the cost of their guests having restless nights.

From this link (one of several with similar findings):

https://sleep.org/articles/temperature-for-sleep/

In general, the suggested bedroom temperature should be between 60 and 67 degrees Fahrenheit for optimal sleep.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 4:40 pm

Imagine the environmental damage if people really followed that idiotic suggestion
Old Aug 14, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Colin
Imagine the environmental damage if people really followed that idiotic suggestion
I agree. Temperature is such a personal preference. Most people over 70 years of age do not like the temperature set at the same cool zone they may have loved just 10-15 years ago. Again, it depends on your body chemistry and personal preference.

That said, the PH should have an option for their guests to cool their room to a temperature that the guests prefer. Most Europeans that travel to the US always seem to comment on how cool we keep our convention centers and hotels for business events. I think its too cold most times but it seems to be a US thing.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:29 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by travelexpert

Sadly, PH is engaging in trying to save money--at the cost of their guests having restless nights.

In general, the suggested bedroom temperature should be between 60 and 67 degrees Fahrenheit for optimal sleep.

And 20 degrees C is 68, so pretty much in that range.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:10 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Didn't have any problems with AC temp in early July, maybe it is much hotter there now? The smoking also wasn't an issue then, too bad to hear about that, it's honestly not just a german guest thing, we found it a problem in other parts of Spain too. To me, inconsiderate adult smokers are a worse problem than poorly behaved kids!

Sa Gripia in Arta was probably the best dinner we had, mix of relaxed courtyard experience and more made to order feel to the plates than other places.

I am really glad we went to Mallorca, my family loved it. We plan to return next year but likely to rent a villa up north rather than do the PH. That said, I thought the PH was a nice intro to the "rest of the island" (I had previously only been to Palma).

As far as kids, i think our kids and the other 3 or so families there at the time were well behaved. Too bad to hear there are some less well-behaved kids, but unfortuantely they are marketing to families. So if you don't want kids around, or the risk of poorly behaving kids, I would suggest you give the place a pass.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:09 am

No issues with AC or smoking at our stay last week. Was actually the only one of our 3 hotels in Spain where the AC wasn't an issue.

The ice was annoying but twice we called down and they quickly brought up an ice bucket on a stand.

Waiting 20 minutes for the shuttle to the beach after being told 5 minutes was our only service issue during our stay.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by dukie570
No issues with AC or smoking at our stay last week. Was actually the only one of our 3 hotels in Spain where the AC wasn't an issue.

The ice was annoying but twice we called down and they quickly brought up an ice bucket on a stand.

Waiting 20 minutes for the shuttle to the beach after being told 5 minutes was our only service issue during our stay.
How were the kids?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:14 am

We didn't spend a ton of time at the resort with choosing the beaches over pool and dinner off the resort. No issues with kids at breakfast but witnessed one of Footastic's rough nights at Tapa.

"After tonight, I have to agree with footastic. I have no issue with kids usually but it's pretty bad here. It's 1030pm and 5 kids have spent at least the last hour screaming in the courtyard, climbing on trees and running around like maniacs. Obviously a lot of that is the parenting, but it's made for a miserable night on our balcony."
Old Aug 18, 2016, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by travelexpert

The caters very much for the sleep of US Americans. The optimal sleeping temperature of other species might well be different.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 12:45 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
The caters very much for the sleep of US Americans. The optimal sleeping temperature of other species might well be different.
HA! agree, nothing below 70-72F.
Same in lounges... in the US I often turn up the A/C to 70-72... it's sometimes frozen down to 63F and you have to wear warm sweaters even in summertime.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 1:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Temperatures are very personal..... that's why it's important to be given the choice.

But a bit of realism that the whole world as a whole has no set standards is nice as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.