Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: griffingrowl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dewby
OMG.

Honestly people. What is wrong with you. I am also in the resort and yes there are Children (Little humans) about. It is not that bad though. The reason kids are in the adult pool is because it is the only one heated. If you go down to the main pool there will be no one and you can have your peace and be alone. I will keep an eye out for you but doubt you will head that way. Today is going to be a lovely warm day so will only get more busy.

So what kids are here. kids don’t bother me. These families have paid the rates and are on holiday. Maybe spend a few minutes to see how wonderful human life is instead of expecting the world to stop with a DYKWIA.

I guess you have used a suite upgrade for your €2000 a night suite and have the expectation that everyone will be silent. Head over to st Regis and splash out 2k for a nice room and I am sure you will find the solace you seek or go rent a villa where you will also have privacy.

I hear so often on this site whines about kids. Yes you were once a child and guess what you were probably no better than these kids. We have these fake memories of us all being little darlings who never made any sound when we were young. Guess what. It’s a fantasy.

Kids have a right to exist and enjoy life. Get over it and take wonder how wonderful they can be. This place is not a screaming den as explained above.

That’s my rant over for the day. ��������
You've editorialized a lot of what I said. I never said I expect everyone to be silent, nor did I ever even say there shouldn't be kids here or kids having fun, nor did I say it was a 'screaming den.' Also, how do you know what rates all others staying here have paid? It's quite possible they're here through package deals or staying on P+C or points.

On that note, why should I expect/care less when I'm staying places on P+C and/or using a suite upgrade? It's not as if I've somehow scammed my way into this suite. We re-earned Globalist last year after staying & paying for 50 nights, & since we don't travel for work that was all personal spend. We've spent a lot of money with Hyatt over the years & appreciate that Hyatt rewards loyal customers with TSUs. Also, points have a monetary value, & we saved them up for a long time to go on this trip. Regardless of the method of payment, all guests deserve to have a nice stay & get what they were promised.

I will say that Monday was by far the worst day here as far as poorly behaved kids go. I'm guessing some people were here for long weekends & left after that. We've enjoyed a lot of relaxing on our terraces since then with a lot fewer instances of screaming/crying kids. Of course we don't mind seeing/hearing kids playing, but I don't think there's an excuse for letting your kid cry at the top of their lungs for 5-10 minutes and not even closing your balcony door (yes, this happened a couple times).

I never said I had memories of being a perfect child, of course I acted poorly & threw fits. But guess what, I had good, attentive parents who didn't let me get away with bad behavior in nice places. I have many memories of going outside to the car with my dad until I could act appropriately, or leaving fun experiences to go home if I was particularly bad. That's how kids learn what behavior flies & what doesn't. Staying in a nice restaurant for 30 minutes when your child's being very fussy doesn't teach them anything good, & it affects everyone else's experience. How is that ok?

Yes, kids have a right to exist & experience life, but not at the expense of everyone else. Of course you & I will have different views on the resort & the experience it offers, because you're here on a family trip & I'm here on a romantic couples anniversary celebration. I'm only trying to offer my honest experience here because I think others traveling as a couple will appreciate it, since if you come during times that are popular for families, which I didn't know included October, it won't be exactly how the website makes it look.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
In other words, change what you are focusing on and your experiences will change. I'm sure there are kids running around, some are probably shrieking, because that is what kids do. If you focus on this aspect of your stay it will expand and you will see and hear these kids everywhere. You will then write about it and influence how other people will experience this resort. Is that a 'true' representation of reality or simply the way you choose to experience it?
I'm not talking about kids running about & shrieking playfully, I'm talking about kids yelling loudly, and screaming, and crying. I'm talking about kids that are in the nice restaurants here doing those things, to the point where it's hard for others to converse or enjoy their $$$$ meals. I'm talking about kids in the ADULTS ONLY pool & whirlpool, & their parents aren't even with them.

None of that is acceptable at a 5 star luxury resort. I have no problem with families staying here, but the least they could do is parent their children & ensure they act appropriately.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
[QUOTE=jkjetsetters;28980558]Yeah I didn't realize that it was holiday period all over Europe, it tends to be off-season many places. Now I know though & will avoid places like this during the fall holiday.

I would have to agree. Some of the commenters seem to think I'm saying I shouldn't ever have to see or hear a child, but that's not it at all. It's that most kids here indeed seem spoiled/badly behaved & their parents seem to only care about enjoying their holiday & pay little to no mind to their kids. Not all of them of course, but more than enough to make it noticeable.[/QUOTE

I disagree totally, there will always be a few that can scream or be irritating but to say that MOST kids here are poorly behaved and the PARENTS (sic) are bad kind of sums up your comments and how you categorise others.

Big statement to make in my view and does little to reinforce your stand point. You have basically said all families In this hotel are bad and have sub par parenting skills. Keep digging.

My advice is to check out if it is so unbearable I don’t think you will be missed.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by jkjetsetters
I'm not talking about kids running about & shrieking playfully, I'm talking about kids yelling loudly, and screaming, and crying. I'm talking about kids that are in the nice restaurants here doing those things, to the point where it's hard for others to converse or enjoy their $$$$ meals. I'm talking about kids in the ADULTS ONLY pool & whirlpool, & their parents aren't even with them.

None of that is acceptable at a 5 star luxury resort. I have no problem with families staying here, but the least they could do is parent their children & ensure they act appropriately.
I will make sure I lock my child in the suite tomorrow.

I will also post a video of how unbearable all these screaming hordes are and how bad it is.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:44 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Hmmm.... so I guess you all don’t mind kids at a Hyatt Zilara either.

if it’s published as an adult pool it sould be enforced.
understand the other pools are not heated, but that’s a different issue.

We book hotels that have adult pools or Zilara.... I am beyond my “kids days”...
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
See my thread directly below this one (currently) on Hyatt Zilaras. 18 and up, and enforced. That is the next romantic vacation wife and I are planning.
Hyatt Zilaras are great! We stayed at the one in Jamaica for our honeymoon & it was very nice. I really want to visit the Cancun one. We've also stayed at Ziva in Puerto Vallarta, and it was nice too. They did actually enforce the adults only pool at that property

However, Zilaras are a very different experience from more luxury properties like Andaz/Park Hyatt. So I would hope that places like this very nice, beautiful resort in Mallorca, will find a way to suit both couples & families.

If you want a non-AI Hyatt, we've had great experiences at the Andaz in Maui & the Andaz in Costa Rica. In Maui they have a great, large children's pool, and the adults-only pool is in a completely separate area. In Costa Rica, we went at the end of August which is shoulder season, & we had the adults-only pool to ourselves most days. Both of these properties are in gorgeous settings & have beaches onsite.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by MarkOK
Huh, I take a different viewpoint. If the adult pool is the only one being heated, I think that is 100% unacceptable to limit kids to the cold pool. Thinking that kids shouldn't have access to the only heated pool is selfish.
No one here has said 'kids shouldn't have access to the only heated pool,' we've said that kids shouldn't be allowed in the ADULTS ONLY pool (and jacuzzi). The hotel guests don't control which pools are heated or to what extent. There's absolutely nothing selfish about adults wanting to enjoy the adults only pool without kids, as promised on the hotel's own website.
pdrickey, 59Impala and Srisarin like this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:57 pm

In normal circumstances I would agree with you and I have certainly been to resorts where this enforced and have no issue with it.

However I have visited the pool area on the last 3 days and there were only 4 people present. The pools cascade onto one another so it is not like they are overtly separate, they are all connected so kids will be kids and seek the warmth or just explore. If it was a complete separate area they probably would not.

Nothing is every 100% without knowing the circumstance.

In my eyes this is just not the adult only resort type of property and I really don't imagine it coming that either. Mallorca is a big family destination for Europeans so I would agree with previous comments. If you don't like kids don't come to this resort. This has a plus for me because there will be more chances to use one of my upgrades for these spectacular suites.

I will suggest to the Hotel management they should remove the idea of an adult only pool. They don't enforce it so they might as well just remove any ambiguity.
We were at the pool on Monday, and there were 4-6 adults in the 'adults only' area while we were there, & many more people (adults & kids) down at the main & kids pool. Additionally, there were kids in the adults only pool, and kids in the jacuzzi, and no parents around. A couple times we even saw parents come to check on their kids & then go back down to the main pool deck.

Today we briefly stopped by the pools, & once again there were kids in the adults only pool. Except today, there were 2 staff members up there, doing absolutely nothing to enforce it.

Did you ever consider that maybe there haven't been more adults by the adults pool because there are always kids in it?

The adults pool does have a waterfall feature to the main pool, but they are actually fully separate pools, & you have to go up stairs to get to the adults pool. Additionally, there are signs by all of the pools saying that kids under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. However, there were several children in the adults area, without their parents/an adult, thus breaking two rules. If 'Kids will be kids' and try & go in the adult pool/jacuzzi, their parents should be present & stop them.

Also, the adults pool is not extremely warm compared to the main pool, it's probably 7-10 degrees warmer. It's still brisk & takes adjusting getting in, so it's not like it's some heavenly heated pool while the main one has icicles coming off it.

I do think the hotel should heat all of the pools to a warm temperature though, especially in the non-summer months. It's perplexing that they don't. But again, adults wanting to enjoy the adults only pool have no control over what is heated & to what degree, & since the website promises an adults only pool & jacuzzi, it's not wrong for adults to expect that.
pdrickey likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
Hmmm.... so I guess you all don’t mind kids at a Hyatt Zilara either.

if it’s published as an adult pool it sould be enforced.
understand the other pools are not heated, but that’s a different issue.

We book hotels that have adult pools or Zilara.... I am beyond my “kids days”...
Exactly, some people (parents included) go out of their way to book properties that have adults only pools, & they should get what is promised. If the hotel doesn't want to enforce this, they need to stop promoting it as such on their website & take down the sign by the pool. I'm shocked that people here are defending this behavior.
pdrickey and 59Impala like this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:19 pm

I disagree totally, there will always be a few that can scream or be irritating but to say that MOST kids here are poorly behaved and the PARENTS (sic) are bad kind of sums up your comments and how you categorise others.
I will concede that I shouldn't have said MOST, but I stand by 'more than enough to make it noticeable.'
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:10 am

Exactly, some people (parents included) go out of their way to book properties that have adults only pools, & they should get what is promised. If the hotel doesn't want to enforce this, they need to stop promoting it as such on their website & take down the sign by the pool. I'm shocked that people here are defending this behavior.
I don’t think there has been an overly defending approach it is more your language and clear distaste for families in what is a family resort on a family island.

The pool idea is silly. As you know the bottom pool and upper pool are joined by a walk way. It is very easy to miss any sign. Kids will explore. The jacuzzi however does have clear signage but as the warmest pool that is where kids will head. Not saying that is right just natural.

I wonder if the so called family pool was heated if adult couples would head there? Probably. Could families have a right to ask what are you doing there and do you have darker intentions with all the kids in swim clothing. The answer is no because families are having to much fun enjoying their well earned and paid for holiday. Spending time with their kids that they get so little time in normal working weeks. This is not universal of course and there will always be one or 2 but as I mentioned before all families are not like that.

I really don’t get the segregation issue and why make a big thing about it.

I am shocked that some on here actually believe luxury is only for pensioners or couples and kids should have to stay in some 2 star property to learn about the world or they will become poorly behaved and spoilt. A load of poopycock and snobbery at its finest.

I hope none of those with that attitude have grandchildren. If they do maybe ask yourself if they actually like you or if they will visit you when you are frail and ill and in need of some company. If my parents where like that my children would take a rain check and I would not blame them.

I also bet there are enough kids in this hotel who would love to have lost grandparents back for a few days to play in the pool with. Consider that.

Life is too short and before we know it our time has come to an end.

My advice. Enjoy your holiday. Marvel at the surroundings and appreciate your wife. If someone is annoying you walk away and find a quieter spot instead of policing pools. There are 100s of places in this resort for you to relax in and enjoy your time. This will make for a far more pleasant experience and memory.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:49 am

I personally haven’t checked it out, but there is supposedly an ‘outdoor vitality pool’ at the Serenitas Spa. There don’t seem to be many pictures available online but it looks more like an outdoor jacuzzi than pool. I don’t know if access is restricted to those with spa treatments. Perhaps someone at the property could check it out and provide a review.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
No one here has said 'kids shouldn't have access to the only heated pool,' we've said that kids shouldn't be allowed in the ADULTS ONLY pool (and jacuzzi). The hotel guests don't control which pools are heated or to what extent. There's absolutely nothing selfish about adults wanting to enjoy the adults only pool without kids, as promised on the hotel's own website.
If 1 pool is at a swimmable temperature, and 1 pool is too cold for comfort (both subjective), I indeed think it is selfish for adults to deny kids access to the 'swimmable' temp pool just because of signage.

You expect an adults only pool. The families expect a pool their kids can swim in. Everyone's paid money to be there. Of course, I expect the hotel should meet both expectations, but if they can't and they aren't, then I think the 'adult' thing to do is to yield the expectations of an 'adult only pool'. (As though we adults really 'use' the recreational aspect of the pool anywhere near as fully as kids).

I respect the point of Zilaras 100%. I might go there someday (though, not because they are adults only as much as they are beautiful beach-destination resorts). But I don't agree with a hard-line about an 'adult only pool' at an otherwise family friendly resort if the pools are considerably less equal in usability, and even if they are, I would fully expect kids to wonder in everybit as much as I expect a skinny 12 year old boy trying to 'muscle up' lifting weights in the StayFit gym without his parents. Kids break 'rules', but they very rarely have a malicious intent to do you any harm.
Football Fan likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
What's the point of a cold pool? A European thing?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Sad to see that the times I would want to go back have the same kids issue.

Again not an an issue with kids per se just terrible kids playing football and knocking wine glasses off tables without parents even acknowledging it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.