Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: griffingrowl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:41 am

it has to work or they will be turning customers away. 99% of families with young children are not going to pay for two rooms, so one parent is in one room, and the other parent and chlid in the other. just silly
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
I am here now for three more days (7 night stay) with wife and baby. Will post a more detailed review / impressions soon but if anyone has any specific questions, let me know.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Do they have any bikes available for use at the hotel to go out exploring?
Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Yes. They have several bicycles available for free. Although it's incredibly hit right now so I'm not sure I'd want to be bicycling. The bicycles seem to be more like cruisers than road bikes.

They also have electric Vespa-style mopeds for rent. I forget the price but it's reasonable.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
@PortlySpartacus

Here are some photos of the bikes for borrow and the electric Vespa-style scooters for rent.

Adult bikes (free)

Kids bikes (free)

Electric Vespa-style mopeds (paid)

Electric Vespa-style mopeds (paid)
PortlySpartacus likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Beautiful property and well managed. I definitely recommend exploring the rest of the island as there are so many gems. Top highlights from a few weeks there: catamaran tour, villages Deia and Valdemossa, Sa Calobra beach, Cala Varquez. You can pick figs off the trees everywhere during season (late summer to early fall). Delicious!
Old Oct 20, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Just finished a week at this property. I have been visiting since it opened.

I thought a quick and dirty view from my own experiences.

The Good.

The hotel is stunning. This is not lost on most who visit. You feel you are in a very special place. The suites are very nice and free breakfast for globalists is a treat here. I am always amazed at the quality of the produce, much of it local. The breakfast team are amazing and they work hard. I do miss some management presence at times. During our first morning the computer lost its link to the kitchen and all the orders for a very full hotel where lost. Chaos reigned. It took me over an hour to get eggs.

The concierge valet parking service was great and it is free. This is a real bonus in a hotel where you will need a car. This is not often seen as a perk but we know hotels can charge crazy parking fees. Maybe they will in future.

They have changed the bathroom amenities to Le Labo. I am not really a fan but I know others will. My only previous experience was on a first class Ethiad flight. I find them a bit dull. I will say this is a good thing but personally I really liked the old Botega. It had a very strong smell but I recognise not everyones call. I think we will see more Le labo in PHs globally. (I pray PH Dubai keep their Aqua di Parma)

On arrival you are asked if you would like a glass of Cava. They have certainly improved the arrival experience which I think has had a lot of criticism.

I like the location and its serene setting. Canyamel is going under considerable redevelopment and there are a few new 5 star hotels opening. This could become a high class area with new restaurants opening. There is huge investment so I see this as inevitable.

Cala Radjada is a nice place to take a walk and is only 10 kms away.

There are some spectacular beaches close by. Cala Torta as an example.

The Bad.

I don't think this hotel has to many bads. They get it right or it goes real bad. It´s just one of those properties. The one thing I do find irritating but not a show stopper are the TVs. I tried to chrome cast a few times and it works for about 20 minutes and then turns off requiring a complete system reset. Highly irritating. I don't normally watch tv on vacation but tried this time and it did not work. Additionally the TVs are internet fed and are buggy. The Rugby World Cup was on which I wanted to watch and it kept loosing connection. Disappointing.

The hotel public areas are a bit soulless. I call this bad because the setting is spectacular but the hotel does not seem to do much to encourage guests to use them. I will go into the food below but they don't use the real estate they have in my opinion.

The ugly

Upfront I will say that house keeping in this resort is probably the worst I have ever had in any Lux hotel. Last year we waited 3 days for glass (left by previous occupant) to be removed from the terrace after continually asking. My wife eventually went to reception to ask for brush to do it herself.

This year was no better. Toenails next to the bed (left by previous occupant, thank you I wonder if it is the same person 😂😂&#128514, A dirty glass in the living room and crumbs all over the dining room floor. These are not little mistakes and I would not mind if I left crumbs and they were not cleaned up, but checking into a room like that was bad.

The pool is another thing that I don't understand. The pool is freezing. I know Mallorca is a seasonal place and many hotels close after summer but the PH stays open all year.

The rates have increased by a third, this is to be expected as a hotel gains a reputation. But in what is really the off season and no heated pool I think 500-600 euros for a standard room too much. The suites sit at 1200 ish which in comparison to the rooms is actually not that bad but the pool needs some heat.

The F&B at this resort is a disaster in my experience barring breakfast. Last year I had an amazing steak in tapas. This year no longer on the menu. I went to Asia. Work this out, an asian restaurant with no rice or noodle dishes. I had Peking duck and it was basically a duck breast covered in hoisin sauce. No aroma and very fatty. A big disappointment for us. We did not eat here again.

The worst F&B experience was pool side eating. My daughter ordered a chicken burger and it was served with a still frozen (I don't mean cold) I mean frozen solid bun, the Pattie was also cold. Terrible. We did give them another chance 2 days later and again the fries were stone cold. We did not bother again.

They have opened a new fine dining place but it was empty every night barring 1-2 guests.

F&B is hugely disappointing.

Summary.

Not sure if I will go back next year. I do love this place but I feel with rising rates, no improvement in service and appalling F&B it is not a value proposition for me. A great shame and I know from other guests I spoke to they felt the same. The funny thing is the solution is simple (Ish):

Heat the pool (I agree not that simple)
Improve housekeeping dramatically
Look at the F&B model.

I can live with the rates but not with the poor service as mentioned above.

Lastly, If you go to the hotel, read the magazine (the concierge) it is the most dreadful translation ever. The German will bring tears to your eyes if you can read it. This should not be the case in a luxury hotel.

I mentioned it to the front desk and they said we don't produce it it is outsourced... I felt this kind of sums up the attitude of this place which is one of leadership.

I am interested to see where rates go and I would guess they expect to get to the 800 a night model which would be fair if it was perfect and had a heated pool but it does not.

My advice is, go to this hotel, it is very very nice. Be aware though of its limitations and don't eat in the hotel. if your not a pool person (or have kids) and just want upscale accommodation and are happy to pay the price it will suit you fine. all in all it is a special hotel.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Le Labo is a PH brand standard and very few holdouts left in Hyatt now.
Old May 25, 2020, 5:39 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Since we cannot travel to the US due to Corona... Europe is opening up at least for European residents. Just booked 7 nights P+C here. Not bad a deal. Member rate ist 628$, the P+C rate is 10k+207€.
all suites are on sale as well, but when calling for a TSU upgrade the agent said "no, probably not available due to restrictions on occupancy ratio" (still due to pandemic). Weird...

My Concierge is ill, so spoke with another agent. Will simply HUCA and see what happens later today.

Last edited by 59Impala; May 25, 2020 at 5:47 am
Old May 25, 2020, 7:08 am
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Since we cannot travel to the US due to Corona... Europe is opening up at least for European residents. Just booked 7 nights P+C here. Not bad a deal. Member rate ist 628$, the P+C rate is 10k+207€.
all suites are on sale as well, but when calling for a TSU upgrade the agent said "no, probably not available due to restrictions on occupancy ratio" (still due to pandemic). Weird...

My Concierge is ill, so spoke with another agent. Will simply HUCA and see what happens later today.

2nd attempt. Called the US customer service. They cannot assign room, as the hotel is closed until June 1st, and they need to contact hotel first.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 1:56 am

The hotel is now closed until... March 2021 :O
Old Jun 24, 2020, 8:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mrpacifist
wow. That's the farthest out I've seen a hotel. I guess it makes sense if they are going to miss out on some/most of their peak summer season, and then they don't make much money in the low season.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 3:20 am
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by mrpacifist
Wow, crazy, I have not been notified yet, that my reservation will be cancelled.
just copy/pasting a screenshot of the the new opening date:

Old Jun 28, 2020, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Anyone know if 2AD and 2CH are allowed in the same room? Or do they allow points bookings for base and paid upgrades to a suite that allows 4.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 9:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
This is crazy! I was hoping to pop here for a bit of sun in September 2020!±

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.