Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by wittenscafe
Hey folks, I'm asking here because I'm too lazy to call. I'm looking at booking a room for four (two queen beds) at NYC's Hyatt Place Midtown South. First of all, is four an acceptable amount of people in one room per Hyatt policy? Also, if I'm a WoH member, does everyone on my reservation get free breakfast? The hotel is listed as giving free breakfast exclusively for WoH members.

Thanks!
Generally for rooms with 2 beds, yes 4 is fine. If it shows online with 4 adults as bookable then yes.

That breakfast qualification is this bizarre situation last year where the objective was to prevent Hyatt bookings via OTA or third party from accessing a open room breakfast buffet at those kinds of properties. I haven't encountered in ANY fashion how that was enforced since that change. Everyone should be able to go.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 6:44 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Dear flyertalker friends, it seems the hotal loyality programs are reducing benefits the same way as the airline programs did over the last years. I'm a spg and Interconti member for long time and am quite dissatisfied with the developments over there. So I'm looking into Hyatt again after some time. I had some status in the past via credit card. And I have earned some points in the past from infrequent stays.

Could you advise a strategy to move to a meaningful status (I guess Explorist could be reachable with my regular stays) for me as a european member?
- Any credit card availability or credit cards that give (partner) status with Hyatt in Germany?
- Any challenges or status match available?
- Any tips how to reach status more quick/efficient?

Regards, Ralf
Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
As a long term SPG loyal (9 years / 900 nights) who has now mostly given up on McMarriott (LTPP so literally no incentive to give them more dollars and try for annual status), I am about a month ahead of you.

Can't speak to EU credit cards, but I tried multiple channels to get a match or even challenge, but no dice. Seems crazy to not at least offer challenges (I get matches being an issue due to the giveaway a few years ago), but that's their decision at the moment.

I've done 9 nights in 3 weeks and have 2 more next week to at least get me to Discoverist (couldn't get the Visa due to 5/24). Stinks to start from scratch, but since most of my travel is business and thus reimbursed, I haven't missed lounge/breakfast freebies. I've enjoyed Hyatt so far, nice range of properties (as long as you can make them work to your travel destinations), and the IT has been flawless (a nice change of pace from the ongoing Marriott CF).

Even just got my first free night from the 5 brand challenge, which is cool.
ralfkrippner likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:33 am

Do I understand correctly that one can upgrade from the lowest price room (paid with cash) to a suite-type room for 9,000 points? At some of the high end properties this would a great bargain - the smallest suite can cost hundreds of euros more than the lowest priced room. Is it capacity controlled or some other catch?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:26 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by richarddd
Do I understand correctly that one can upgrade from the lowest price room (paid with cash) to a suite-type room for 9,000 points? At some of the high end properties this would a great bargain - the smallest suite can cost hundreds of euros more than the lowest priced room. Is it capacity controlled or some other catch?
that did not work for me. had a corp rate but needed to pay a min rate which was even higher than the standard rate.
i started a thread here. would be great if you posted your experiences too. so far I am the only one.

Experiences - Point Upgrades to Premium Suites

​​​​​​

Last edited by 59Impala; Feb 10, 2019 at 1:20 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
that did not work for me. had a corp rate but needed to pay a min rate which was even higher than the standard rate.
i started a thread here. would be great if you posted your experiences too. so far I am the only one.

Experiences - Point Upgrades to Premium Suites

​​​​​​
I just wanted to make sure I understand; I haven't tried booking anything yet. I'd be happy to pay the standard room published rate (or something close) plus 9,000 points if that got me into a suite. FWIW, the hotels I'm looking at are currently category 7.
Absent someone posting more information, I suppose the only way to find out is to try.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:47 pm
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by richarddd
I just wanted to make sure I understand; I haven't tried booking anything yet. I'd be happy to pay the standard room published rate (or something close) plus 9,000 points if that got me into a suite. FWIW, the hotels I'm looking at are currently category 7.
Absent someone posting more information, I suppose the only way to find out is to try.
yes, guess so. i would whatever cheap este you can Yoz anyway need to call for the upgrade and you'll find out then if it is accepted.

plesse post your experience in the thread. looking to better understand how this works.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:52 pm

Hyatt ziva

I've got a family of 6 and am wanting to use points to take them to one of the all inclusive resorts in Mexico (Ziva Los Cabos or Ziva Puerto Vallarta or Ziva Cancun) What's people's opinion on which one is the best? The one in Cancun cost the most points but wanted to see if it was actually worth the extra points or if one of the other ones are just as good
Also, I have the old Hyatt credit card and was planning on getting the new one. My 2 year anniversary is in October. Can I pay the annual fee and then book the free night that I get with it and then cancel it and apply for the new one? What happens to the free night if I cancel it before my trip is what I am trying to ask. Thanks
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:27 pm

Programs: N/A
Has anyone provided compensation or a discount for another member in order to receive stay credit? I’m looking to requalify for Globalist next year.

Would love to know the going rate and best method to do so.

Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:08 pm

I am a newly Globalist and had some questions regarding breakfast/club access for 4 adults in one room.

Hyatts with Club Lounges (HR/GH) - All 4 can enter the club lounge? I've read that in the US you just need the key to enter whereas in Asia and other parts you need to give your room number.
Hyatts with restaurant breakfast (Andaz, PH, etc.) - Only 2 adults may receive free breakfast.

Looking at the t&c it looks like club lounge access is included for everyone in the room, and for properties without club lounges free breakfast is for 2 adults and 2 children. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:21 am

I know this is a new benefit but does anyone have a guess as to how long after you reach 20 nights that the 2 free club access awards are available?

Also, if I have a standard award booking can I apply the club upgrade to that reservation or does it have to be paid...also, if I can, does there have to be club award space available or can they just give club access to a standard room?

How are these awards applied? Do I have to call to get them added to a reservation or can I do it online?

I am asking these questions because I have a 5 night stay at the end of July that I would really like to have club access for but I am going to be right around 18 nights before that stay. I am trying to decide if it's worth it to either add or change a stay before then to get to the 20 nights for the upgrades as opposed to spending an extra 6k/night extra points on my reservation for club access. I could use those 30k extra points for 2 nights somewhere to get to 20 nights as along as I can actually use the upgrade awards.

Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by brclark82
I know this is a new benefit but does anyone have a guess as to how long after you reach 20 nights that the 2 free club access awards are available?

Also, if I have a standard award booking can I apply the club upgrade to that reservation or does it have to be paid...also, if I can, does there have to be club award space available or can they just give club access to a standard room?

How are these awards applied? Do I have to call to get them added to a reservation or can I do it online?
It should be just like the 4 club upgrades you currently get when you hit explorist, so 1-2 business days after check-out if the 20th night comes from a stay. I'd imagine they're going to true-up these awards but to be safe you might want to make sure to only hit 20 nights after Feb 28. If you got to 20 before the new milestone benefits kick in you could end up with nothing. Club upgrade shouldn't require a club room. I haven't actually used one of these before but I don't see any way to apply the certs in my account so I think you need to call it in.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:11 am

Hotel Age

Is there a list anywhere of Hyatt hotels and the date they opened / were last remodeled? I’ve seen the list of upcoming Hyatt properties but is there one with all of their properties?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:08 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by wittenscafe
Is there a list anywhere of Hyatt hotels and the date they opened / were last remodeled? I’ve seen the list of upcoming Hyatt properties but is there one with all of their properties?
I am not aware of any list that shows dates of opening/remodeling. @gunksny created a list of all hotels, with category and links, maybe this helps a bit. It is in this thread Hyatt Property List - sortable by Category/Location
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: BA
i understand that this is likely completely location dependent, but what is the general policy on having guests of guests use a hotel's pool with the guest? i am visiting some friends here in rio and the pool is great. of course i will ask the staff but was wondering if this is a common request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.