Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Property List - sortable by Category/Location

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Property List - sortable by Category/Location

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2016, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
Hyatt Property List - sortable by Category/Location/Brand

Hi -

Here is a quick list I put together in Excel that lists all the Hyatt Properties as of March 2016 from the Hyatt Website. You can apply filters by Category and Location - hyperlinks are included to each property.

I realize much of this is covered more efficiently in the Property Index Sticky and this will be out of date soon, but I find this useful when researching places to go or when I'm looking to book with points or points/cash because clicking through all the pages on the website gets tedious.

I'm sure someone with a little more excel knowledge could improve on this greatly with pivot tables etc, but it's a start..

I had to change the file extension on this file to "PDF" in order to allow the system to let me upload it. You will have to rename the file and change the extension from :

Hyatt_Properties_Mar_2016.pdf

to

Hyatt_Properties_Mar_2016.xlsx

Open Hyatt_Properties_Mar_2016.xlsx in Excel in order to see the data. Apologies in advance if this is in violation of forum use but couldn't find any other easy way to upload it.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Hyatt_Properties_Mar_2016.pdf (125.1 KB, 1971 views)
OceanBreezes likes this.

Last edited by gunksny; Oct 18, 2016 at 11:38 am
Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Good work. I know a lot of people ask for this all the time. Thanks for your hard work!
Old Mar 4, 2016, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Have attached a printable copy in this post.
Attached Images
Old Mar 5, 2016, 8:14 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by gunksny
Thanks. Have attached a printable copy in this post.
Thank you for your efforts - I already saw a couple of properties not included in the index so will have to add it later.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Definitely nice to have. ^ Although you've probably jinxed us into an announcement of award category changes.

Although I have to add that, of the major hotel chains, Hyatt probably has the best website (how rare can we say that for Hyatt and IT!) for finding properties and award categories.

There's no chance of finding a decent list with IHG or HHonors. IMO SPG and Marriott are also less user-friendly than Hyatt.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
thanks for the info. One of the things I like about Hyatt is the bell curve of their properties. Your list makes it easy to analyze.
Category 1-----144 properties-----23% of total
Category 2-----219 properties-----34% of total
Category 3-----114 properties-----18% of total
Category 4------74 properties-----12% of total
Category 5------47 properties------7% of total
Category 6------30 properties------5% of total
Category 7--------7 properties------1% of total

So 87% of their properties are category 4 or below. Only 13% are in the top three categories (the aspirational properties). That's a VERY different weighting that the other major chains where the equivalents of Hyatt Place (Courtyards, Hamptons, etc.) are very often in the top half of the bell curve and where it's rare to see a top property (a Park Hyatt, for example) outside of the top one or two categories. With Hyatt, 29% of their top brand (Park Hyatt) is Cat 1-4 and only one (1) Hyatt Place (their bottom brand) is Category 5 or above (and it's the NY Hyatt Place which is a category 5, not a 6 or a 7).
Old Oct 11, 2016, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

*UPDATED Oct 2016*

Hi -

I've just updated the file with new properties and updated categories. Contact info and hyperlinks to each property and category remain included.

Again, I had to change the file extension on the excel file to "PDF" in order to allow the system to let me upload it.

Download the first PDF file and change the extension from :

Hyatt_Properties_Oct_2016.pdf

to

Hyatt_Properties_Oct_2016.xlsx

Open Hyatt_Properties_Oct_2016.xlsx in Excel in order to see the data in sortable format.

In addition, I've uploaded a printable PDF version of the complete list as :

Hyatt_Properties_Oct_2016_printable.pdf

This file is viewable as is.

Last edited by gunksny; Oct 18, 2016 at 9:25 am
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:30 am
Original Poster

*Updated Oct 2016 with brand*

Now includes hotel brand.

Download the first PDF file and change the extension from :

Hyatt_Properties_Oct_2016.pdf

to

Hyatt_Properties_Oct_2016.xlsx

Open Hyatt_Properties_Oct_2016.xlsx in Excel in order to see the data in sortable format.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Hyatt_Properties_Oct_2016.pdf (255.9 KB, 410 views)

Last edited by gunksny; Oct 27, 2016 at 8:35 am
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
My file manager registers the change as xxxx2016.xlsx.pdf
and hides the .pdf final extension. In case I'm not the only one, I'm wondering if you would consider sharing this as a link to Dropbox if FT allows that.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JackE
My file manager registers the change as xxxx2016.xlsx.pdf
and hides the .pdf final extension. In case I'm not the only one, I'm wondering if you would consider sharing this as a link to Dropbox if FT allows that.
I haven't looked into setting up a public share in Dropbox yet.

If you're using a Windows product, I would try selecting "Details" in the Layout section under the View tab, and make sure "File name extensions" is checked in the Show/Hide section. Then you should be able to rename the file properly by single clicking on the file name twice or right click->rename :
Attached Images  
Old Oct 19, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thanks! Really useful data!
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: Delta
Great Post! Here's a dropbox link for those who can't figure the other method out...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o51mduzx8a....pdf.xlsx?dl=0
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Hello -

I've updated the file with current information including recently announced category changes.

Open Hyatt_Properties_DEC2017.xlsx in Excel to sort and apply filters to the data.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx
Hyatt_Properties_DEC_2017.xlsx (270.6 KB, 96 views)

Last edited by gunksny; Dec 18, 2017 at 8:59 am
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Great Again!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Nice work but Hyatt Place Long Island City appeared twice as Cat 2 and 3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.