Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2022, 2:22 pm
Original Member

As I noted, I already had the Sapphire card. $15k of required spend on the Ink is worth negative 6 Hyatt qualifying nights vs my WOH Visa. That's a tough trade-off if I am gunning for 60. I might go for it later in the year if I pass 60 nights. The Freedom cards don't have any signup bonuses of note, so that's even worse than just using my existing WOH Visa.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Tino
As I noted, I already had the Sapphire card. $15k of required spend on the Ink is worth negative 6 Hyatt qualifying nights vs my WOH Visa. That's a tough trade-off if I am gunning for 60. I might go for it later in the year if I pass 60 nights. The Freedom cards don't have any signup bonuses of note, so that's even worse than just using my existing WOH Visa.
Yes, I saw that you have the Sapphire so that you can now transfer points to Hyatt from other cards that normally wouldn't qualify for transfers on their own.

I understand that you would "lose" 6 nights by spending $15k on the ink preferred but that's the opportunity cost for then having 115k UR (transferable to Hyatt). It depends what you need more - the 6 nights to reach Globalist or the points to book free nights (which those nights will also count towards Globalist).

There's also the option to sign up for Ink unlimited - the offer is $750 cash back for $7,500 spend. As I mentioned above, even though this says $750, what you will really get is 75k UR + 11,250 (7500 x 1.5 on all spend) = 86,250 that you can move to Sapphire and transfer to Hyatt. Your opportunity cost is 3 qualifying nights which again, you need to decide if that's worth losing.

Ink Business cash gives the same SUB, but if you can spend the $7500 in the 5x or even 2x categories you will end up with even more points than the Unlimited. And neither of them will count towards your 5:24 count which is great.

You can also get 20k referral if you or your spouse already has any Ink card. So at minimum you'd walk away with 106k UR for $7500 spend.

I agree though that the Freedom bonuses are negligible and aren't worth wasting a 5:24 slot on any of them.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 8:22 pm
Original Member

Thank you for the clarification. I was unaware of how the cash to UR points works. Do I still have to have the Sapphire card to push them to Hyatt? I cancelled that to pick up a few other cards, so I guess that's now off the table.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Thank you for the clarification. I was unaware of how the cash to UR points works. Do I still have to have the Sapphire card to push them to Hyatt? I cancelled that to pick up a few other cards, so I guess that's now off the table.
Only a Sapphire, Ink (Business) or WOH Credit Card can transfer points to Hyatt.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Only a Sapphire, Ink (Business) or WOH Credit Card can transfer points to Hyatt.
Outside of the Chase ecosystem, I believe Bilt is also a Hyatt transfer partner.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: UN 1K MM, Marriott-LT TitanElite, Hyatt Glob; HH-Gold
Free alcohol in Lounges in US?

I'm new to Globalist and will actually earn it this year based off of nights Every hotel i have stayed in does not have a club room. I just read an article that said a perk of Globalist was that Hyatt club room has alcohol? My question - do Hyatt Club rooms offer free alcohol in the evening in the US? I'm accustomed to free alcohol at Marriott outside of the US... but religion stops it from being free in the US. Is Hyatt different?? At some point, I will stay at a Hyatt with an open Lounge room. (I hope).
Old Jul 23, 2022, 6:54 pm

I thought the WOH card could only be used to earn WOH points directly. Not to transfer Chase points to Hyatt points.

Is there some way to earn Chase points with e.g. a Freedom card and then transfer them to WOH points using the WOH card?
​​​​​​​
Old Jul 23, 2022, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by avogadro
I thought the WOH card could only be used to earn WOH points directly. Not to transfer Chase points to Hyatt points.

Is there some way to earn Chase points with e.g. a Freedom card and then transfer them to WOH points using the WOH card?
No, the WOH Card transfers your points automatically monthly.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Babymule
I'm new to Globalist and will actually earn it this year based off of nights Every hotel i have stayed in does not have a club room. I just read an article that said a perk of Globalist was that Hyatt club room has alcohol? My question - do Hyatt Club rooms offer free alcohol in the evening in the US? I'm accustomed to free alcohol at Marriott outside of the US... but religion stops it from being free in the US. Is Hyatt different?? At some point, I will stay at a Hyatt with an open Lounge room. (I hope).
Club Rooms in and of themselves do not have free alcohol, however most Club Lounges do have 1-2 hours a day (4-6pm or 5-7pm) where Alcohol is provided for free, primarily cheap beer and house wines in the US, this would obviously be conferred to those with Globalist status and/or those booking a Club Room.

The majority of Hyatt Regencies to have Club Lounges in the US, there’s only a handful that don’t, and a few Grand Hyatts have them as well.
Babymule and Pocatello like this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Then maybe it would be worthwhile for you to get the Ink Preferred because you wouldn't be eligible for a new SUB on any Sapphire card right now.

Or if your spouse has a Sapphire you could move points from your UR account to their's and then I think if you are an AU on their Sapphire you could transfer to your Hyatt.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Club Rooms in and of themselves do not have free alcohol, however most Club Lounges do have 1-2 hours a day (4-6pm or 5-7pm) where Alcohol is provided for free, primarily cheap beer and house wines in the US, this would obviously be conferred to those with Globalist status and/or those booking a Club Room.

The majority of Hyatt Regencies to have Club Lounges in the US, there’s only a handful that don’t, and a few Grand Hyatts have them as well.
Not all of them provide alcohol for free. I know Waikiki charges a small fee for alcohol. I think there are others.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 9:29 pm

I haven't seen any US lounges with free alcohol yet (only been to a handful)
Old Jul 25, 2022, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Not all of them provide alcohol for free. I know Waikiki charges a small fee for alcohol. I think there are others.
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
I believe Manchester Grand in San Diego has one hour a day (5-6pm) and the Hyatt in Kailua Hawaii too.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 6:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I never been to a US lounge with free booze.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 6:51 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Originally Posted by danger
I never been to a US lounge with free booze.
GH Tampa Bay was free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.