Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by OhDoctor
Discoverist at time of booking, with no status by the time we stayed. They were not going to offer us an upgrade until we asked. There appeared to be several upgrade options; we skipped the Junior Suite they offered for an extra $110 per night and went straight to the One Bedroom Grand Butler Suite.
what was the extra cost for the One Bedroom Grand..... ?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by beachmiles

what was the extra cost for the One Bedroom Grand..... ?
$180 a night versus $110 for the junior suite.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Alright, so I just got back from a 3-night stay at the Zilara/Ziva, and figured I'd throw together my thoughts (as well as answer some common questions). Please feel free to connect any mistakes I’ve made here, but I think this is mostly on point:
Great review, thanks! How was the food? And could you find a spot at the pool if you came down late, even if it wasn't a "prime" spot?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by svo242
Great review, thanks! How was the food? And could you find a spot at the pool if you came down late, even if it wasn't a "prime" spot?
Compared to other similar resorts:
-- The food at the buffet was average, but it's oceanfront, and there is ample outdoor seating, which is a huge plus (at some resorts we've been to, the buffet was much better/larger, but was located inside the resort with no view)
-- The coffee shops were above average
-- Dinners at the a la carte restaurants were average, with above-average deserts
-- Lunch at the a la carte restaurants were average to below average
-- There is a candy shop at the Ziva, which is a nice fun touch and something we haven't seen before
If you haven't been to similar Caribbean all-inclusives for comparison, you'll probably find the food experience to be good overall.

As for the pool, it depends on the day, but yes, for the most part. During less crowded weekdays, no problem. On Saturday or Sunday mornings when the resort is busier, you might have to look a little harder and settle for just sharing one chair (if you're just using it to put down towels and get in the pool).
svo242 and danbnash like this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:37 pm

One other thing worth mentioning -- the gym on site is not only the best gym out of any resort/hotel we have ever visited, but it rivals actual gyms like LA Fitness and Planet Fitness. It's multi-story, with a 1st floor dedicated to cross-fit training, and also housing a contained cycling room with space for about 20 people per class (we did the cycling class on Sunday morning, and it was tough!) The second floor contains more treadmills and ellipticals than you can shake a stick at, with some partial ocean views. There's tons of free weights and spaces, and various other exercise machinery, as well as an attached spa. It's all been recently renovated, and actually really impressive how much time, effort and money the hotel has invested. We were impressed enough that I feel like I'd be remiss without pointing it out!
LilZeppelin likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 12:21 pm

We just returned from a week at the Ziva and here are my thoughts.

1. Overall, we were very happy with it. We used points for the stay and were given a standard room with a garden view. The room was fine; nothing special or bad about it. The bathroom was large and nice. The room had a stocked mini-fridge which unfortunately didn't get cold and so was really worthless.

2. The facilities are tremendous and the service was largely excellent. Everything is very well maintained and there is a huge staff and most employees were friendly and helpful. We tipped everyone constantly but noticed that most people didn't which was disappointing to see. Frankly, not to be snobbish, but the clientele tends more towards Holiday Inn than Four Seasons.

3. The pools were great and not too crowded. The beach is small but also not overcrowded. The gym is excellent.

4. The only downside was the food. The breakfast buffet is great and lunches were good at the buffet and Jerk chicken shack but but the dinners were almost all average to below average. The Wok tables at the Asian restaurant were the best option we found. Hyatt is simply not investing enough in the food here; we found it well below the Cancun Ziva and Zilara where we have also stayed.

5. We used the Hyatt shuttle and it was very efficient. Definitely the best way to get from and to the hotel. Also recommend Club Mobay but reserve it early because it sells out.

Happy to answer questions.
danbnash likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by trey
Also recommend Club Mobay but reserve it early because it sells out.

Happy to answer questions.
I agree with most of your assessment. Also note that Club Mobay is free for anyone with a Priority Pass credit card (Chase Reserve, Amex Platinum, Citi Prestige, etc.)
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
I agree with most of your assessment. Also note that Club Mobay is free for anyone with a Priority Pass credit card (Chase Reserve, Amex Platinum, Citi Prestige, etc.)
To the best of my knowledge, Club Mobay is free with Priority Pass for the access to the lounges and the fast track at departures, but the true benefit is the fast track at immigration (long lines most of the times), which I don't think it is included with PP.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by afmiami
To the best of my knowledge, Club Mobay is free with Priority Pass for the access to the lounges and the fast track at departures, but the true benefit is the fast track at immigration (long lines most of the times), which I don't think it is included with PP.
You're right, you don't get immigration fast track with Priority Pass. In general my waits over the last few years have been 30-40 minutes, and pretty constant no matter when my flight times are. Not enjoyable, but manageable.
LoungeLizardHugo likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
This place has become awful. If you’ve been to the other Ziva/Zillara properties in Los Cabo’s & Cancun you will be VERY disappointed. The food is disgusting!
Old Aug 3, 2019, 9:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just wrapped up my honeymoon at the Zilara Rose Hall and wanted to report back. Overall, it was a great stay. I think I prefer the Ziva in Puerto Vallarta more just because it's a bit smaller and more private. My full review is posted at my website.

But a couple of quick points:
- Never went into the pool. It was a massive party the entire time and not relaxing
- Had to request a new room on night one because the adjoining room was horrifically loud
- Room service was not good, but the food overall was solid. My wife liked the veggie options.
- Drinks were solid, not made from a mix so they were strong.
- The jerk chicken was really great. It was my lunch every day on the beach.

Happy to answer any questions or share additional pictures.
svo242 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 6:40 pm

Programs: American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Any recent thoughts/reports of stays here? If I hold Explorist status do they honor upgrades to Ocean View or other improved rooms. Any other benefits?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum, National Emerald Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Filler03
Any recent thoughts/reports of stays here? If I hold Explorist status do they honor upgrades to Ocean View or other improved rooms. Any other benefits?
Second this - I'm headed to Tryall Club with the family for a week in June and looking at booking 3-4 nights on the back end of that stay. Will ideally pay for 2-3 nights and use a free night via 25k pts. Given it's low season, i'm sure there will be good upgrade potential but I also like to have some sort of base level as far as room goes. Not a huge all-inclusive fan but would give it a shot if the food, atmosphere, property itself is decent. I have several club upgrade certs to burn up but not sure it's worth it? Any advice greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 7:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
BUMP. I'm also going here soon and looking to see what benefits are given to Explorists. If no one responds before I do, I'll reply. I think I gather that you still get upgraded to best available room that it's a club or suite.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 8:26 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Hyatt Ziva Kids When on Points

Anyone know of a standard charge for adding a kid to a points reservation at the Ziva? When booking for 2 adults, it's $350 or 25k points/night for either a king or 2 double. For 2 adults + a 4 year old (same dates and room type), it's $493/night but it says no points reservations are available. I emailed Hyatt a few times trying to determine if there's a standard cash upcharge so we can book it. They said they can't help and I need to call. After a lengthy hold, I gave up. Anyone have any experience with this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.