Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2015, 1:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wjnelson04
Sounds like a great way to reward you for being loyal. Just took advantage of the Hilton Status match and may be making a move to Hilton next year.
Took advantage of the match and just completed Hilton stays. Trust me, the grass is not greener.

Anyways, don't expect good treatment here as a diamond. As a diamond I was given a standard garden view room in the old building even with a DSU and still waiting to speak with concierge manager a month after my visit. You do get a welcome letter outlining the benefits of diamond and check in was done in the club lounge.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I used the club when I stayed here last April. Its odd to have a club at an all inclusive resort. Its not really a benefit in my opinion....maybe if you can get access to concierge services at the club and avoid any lines in the main lobby then that could be a plus. I stopped into the club each day for a 3 days while at the resort and the club room was always completely empty.
By chance can you give a description of where the club IS and what the heck is in it? I went looking when I was there a few months ago and failed to find it. Admittedly, I didn't ask anyone about it so it wasn't that big of a deal.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nirvana91
By chance can you give a description of where the club IS and what the heck is in it? I went looking when I was there a few months ago and failed to find it. Admittedly, I didn't ask anyone about it so it wasn't that big of a deal.
The Club is in Ziva side old building 2. The only reason to go there, IMHO, is for free premium liquor.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TerryK
The Club is in Ziva side old building 2. The only reason to go there, IMHO, is for free premium liquor.
No wonder I never came across it!

That reminds me of some information some of the staff shared with me while I was there:

One of the reasons all that construction is going on at the restaurants right now is they are changing the relationship between the two properties. They were originally planning on having a relaunch in mid December, but construction delays have pushed it off to January. But once they relaunch:
  • The two properties will be administratively separated as two independent hotels. I.e. right now the butlers work for both properties and have long walks back and forth, but once the relaunch happens, they will just work at one.
  • They also said that this won't effect Zilara guests dining in Ziva restaurants, but they did said Ziva guests (I'm assuming over 16) will then be able to visit Zilara restaurants, which is why they're adding on that structure attached to Horizons.
  • In addition, they said they were redoing the menu at that new Horizons restaurant to be more authentically Jamaican cuisine. That was one things we noticed about the food in general -- while pretty good, most of it was very mild with not much spiciness to it and most of the restaurants didn't have much of a Jamaican influence to them.

Take this with a grain of salt of course since it was just from some staff members, and I may have gotten some of it wrong.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 4:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TerryK
...but the club atmosphere is dead. The balconies have kind of a nice view because its up on the 5th floor as I recall but every time I went there it was empty.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
I guess I'm the minority that likes the club. Got to know several of the hosts, and always found it a pleasant respite from the rest of the crowded property. Could go in and surf the web get some drinks and snacks in peace.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:28 am

April 2015 stay

I wanted to try out the new image posting in FT....this view from our April 2015 stay using our DSU....this is the new building and our suite was great. Some people complain because if you notice the stage is front & center.

We loved it but if you want to go to bed early, this is not the building for you as the bands play until 10-11pm each night.

FYI - posting images in FT is now way easier....I found the helpful instructions located in this blog posting : http://thegate.boardingarea.com/imag...nto-flyertalk/
Attached Images  
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I wanted to try out the new image posting in FT....this view from our April 2015 stay using our DSU....this is the new building and our suite was great. Some people complain because if you notice the stage is front & center.

We loved it but if you want to go to bed early, this is not the building for you as the bands play until 10-11pm each night.

FYI - posting images in FT is now way easier....I found the helpful instructions located in this blog posting : http://thegate.boardingarea.com/imag...nto-flyertalk/
FYI: That pic is of the Ziva
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor!
FYI: That pic is of the Ziva
Indeed it is. The Zilara side did not have any evening entertainment when we were last at the resort, all the evening activities were on the Ziva side.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:30 pm

My wife and I just got back from the Zilara and had a great time. Below is the link to my wife's review of the property.

We arrived on Christmas Eve and were upgraded to an updated room. I believe it was an Ocean Front room but I am not certain. Room number was 4403 which is at the end of building 4.

I have diamond status due to the recent status match, but besides that we have only stayed at a Hyatt in Cancun on two different occasions. We were very happy with the complimentary upgrade they gave us.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ECK_RATES_CONT
Old Jan 12, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
No points room available?

I plugged in some random dates in both off and high seasons for three to four nights for two adults at Ziva and Zilara, but I didn't see any room available on points. Are the rooms at this resort only bookable with an agent when using points or free night cert?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Namaste1
I plugged in some random dates in both off and high seasons for three to four nights for two adults at Ziva and Zilara, but I didn't see any room available on points. Are the rooms at this resort only bookable with an agent when using points or free night cert?
You have to call to book. Online booking is currently not available.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Kind of an odd question... but was there free WiFi at the Hyatt arrival lounge at the airport? Also, I read there was red stripe there... any other cocktails?
Old Jan 13, 2016, 5:11 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Originally Posted by glu800
Kind of an odd question... but was there free WiFi at the Hyatt arrival lounge at the airport? Also, I read there was red stripe there... any other cocktails?
Yes, there was free wifi at the Hyatt arrival lounge at the airport. I used it to confirm that there were junior suites bookable through Hyatt.com as the check-in agent was insisting there were no junior suites available.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by meecal
Yes, there was free wifi at the Hyatt arrival lounge at the airport. I used it to confirm that there were junior suites bookable through Hyatt.com as the check-in agent was insisting there were no junior suites available.
Awesome, thanks meecal ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.