Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyMan
Opinion will vary but this was compiled by what was highlighted by most members:

All allow 2 adult with 2 kids
Print Wikipost

which Hyatt in Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2023, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Posted in the GH thread but this one is probably better. Hotel rates are insane and points availability is limited so here's what I've got. Not my first time in Tokyo and I've seen most of the main touristy sites. Honestly just going to go back to Japan and get lost for 5 days and eat.

free night cert at PH
2 nights paid at HR Yokohama
2 nights at HC Ginza

No upgrades expected since all hotels are booked pretty solid. I really wanted to try the Andaz as well but it's only available the last night of the trip for points. For that to work I would have to do one of the following

3 nights at the HR Yokohama after my night at PH which is meh. It's not far from Shinjuku or Shibuya which is where I like to spend most of my time but I still feel like 3 nights in Yokohama might be a pain. I'd go for a late checkout on the first night and probably get to Yokohama fairly late anyway so it would really only be 2 full days.

or

1 night PH followed by 2 at the HR Yokohama then 1 at HC and last night at the Andaz. I'd switch my free night to the Andaz to save 5k points and snag the PH with points. Also seems like a bit of a hassle but before I joined Hyatt I earned Hilton diamond based on stays so I'm fairly used to bouncing around hotels and it doesn't bother me as much as most people.

Lastly I could just switch to the GH for the last 2 nights instead but the rooms at the Centric look so much nicer. Club lounge isn't really a huge deal but it would be nice. I can just swing by a convenience store for drinks and snacks anyway.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Old Apr 15, 2023, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfgiants13
Posted in the GH thread but this one is probably better. Hotel rates are insane and points availability is limited so here's what I've got. Not my first time in Tokyo and I've seen most of the main touristy sites. Honestly just going to go back to Japan and get lost for 5 days and eat.

free night cert at PH
2 nights paid at HR Yokohama
2 nights at HC Ginza

No upgrades expected since all hotels are booked pretty solid. I really wanted to try the Andaz as well but it's only available the last night of the trip for points. For that to work I would have to do one of the following

3 nights at the HR Yokohama after my night at PH which is meh. It's not far from Shinjuku or Shibuya which is where I like to spend most of my time but I still feel like 3 nights in Yokohama might be a pain. I'd go for a late checkout on the first night and probably get to Yokohama fairly late anyway so it would really only be 2 full days.

or

1 night PH followed by 2 at the HR Yokohama then 1 at HC and last night at the Andaz. I'd switch my free night to the Andaz to save 5k points and snag the PH with points. Also seems like a bit of a hassle but before I joined Hyatt I earned Hilton diamond based on stays so I'm fairly used to bouncing around hotels and it doesn't bother me as much as most people.

Lastly I could just switch to the GH for the last 2 nights instead but the rooms at the Centric look so much nicer. Club lounge isn't really a huge deal but it would be nice. I can just swing by a convenience store for drinks and snacks anyway.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Can you not get 5 nights at the same hotel? Switching hotels takes valuable time that you could be spending eating.
CoffeeTraveler likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Can you not get 5 nights at the same hotel? Switching hotels takes valuable time that you could be spending eating.
Nope. None were available unless they were all HR Yokohama which I don’t want to do. Trip is less than a week away and I’ve been checking religiously but no dice.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 4:52 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Nope. None were available unless they were all HR Yokohama which I don’t want to do. Trip is less than a week away and I’ve been checking religiously but no dice.
The Tokyo Hyatt properties have some high demand going on with the recent Japan reopening. Decided to go to Tokyo-Kyoto-Tokyo on short notice at the end of May, and there are no points/TSU available for PH/Andaz. I even looked into August/September, and no point redemptions are available either. The prices are more than expected for an Andaz (close to 900-1000.00 per night at Andaz for a basic room). 1200 for PH basic rooms. No thanks, and ended up choosing Mandarin Oriental for the delta in price difference.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
The Tokyo Hyatt properties have some high demand going on with the recent Japan reopening. Decided to go to Tokyo-Kyoto-Tokyo on short notice at the end of May, and there are no points/TSU available for PH/Andaz. I even looked into August/September, and no point redemptions are available either. The prices are more than expected for an Andaz (close to 900-1000.00 per night at Andaz for a basic room). 1200 for PH basic rooms. No thanks, and ended up choosing Mandarin Oriental for the delta in price difference.
Several hotels were almost 100k yen for one of the nights except for the ones that were sold out. It’s honestly insane. Andaz and PH are 200k. I think the HR was 40k. Hilton was almost completely sold out or id just go there for a couple of nights.
HaleiwaFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by karung99
I'll choose Park Hyatt, they have direct bus from Norita to the front of Hotel or next hotel.
As Diamond breakfast they serve excellent Japanese style of breakfast or regular full Buffett.
If you send them an request for an upgrade to suite, you might also get one ^
Didn't know PH provides bus transportation from NRT to the hotel, which sounds great. Definitely useful for my coming trip. Thx for sharing!

Last edited by Lazyjarl; Apr 15, 2023 at 10:46 pm
Old Apr 15, 2023, 10:14 pm

I would setup alerts from staywithpoints while you look for other plans, I was able to personally secure some last minute awards by using the website
Old Apr 15, 2023, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lazyjarl
Didn't know PH provides bus transportation from NRT to the hotel, which sounds great. Definitely useful for my coming trip. Thx for sharing!
Does the PH provide it or is it just the "limousine bus" that you pay for and goes to multiple hotels?
Old Apr 16, 2023, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Does the PH provide it or is it just the "limousine bus" that you pay for and goes to multiple hotels?
I'm sure it's just a limousine bus.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by doenutt
I would setup alerts from staywithpoints while you look for other plans, I was able to personally secure some last minute awards by using the website
Thanks for that. It looks like 2 nights at the Andaz opened up when I'm at HR Yokohama but that would take a good chunk of my remaining points which I'm not sure if I want to do. The last 2 have nothing but I think that's because that Saturday is so busy. My choices there are only HC or GH. I have no interest in shopping so Ginza doesn't really do much for me but it is easy enough to get around from there. Still tempted to move that to the GH.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 1:01 pm

Andaz just opened up for my stay at the end of the trip on points. Is it worth an extra 10k points over the GH as a globalist? Breakfast looks great but location is meh. Not a party guy but roppongi would be interesting to walk at night.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 1:07 pm

Andaz just opened up for my stay at the end of the trip on points. Is it worth an extra 10k points over the GH as a globalist? Breakfast looks great but location is meh. Not a party guy but roppongi would be interesting to walk at night.
If you're looking for a call girl or to be roofied, Roppongi is indeed very interesting.

The Andaz is newer, nicer, and better located.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by MattEvan
If you're looking for a call girl or to be roofied, Roppongi is indeed very interesting.

Yeah the hardware looks miles ahead of the GH. 10k per night is quite a bit extra but I went ahead and hanged it. I have a lot of Hyatt nights coming up so I’ll rack up a fair amount of points with the promo going on.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 2:14 pm

Roppongi, no matter hour of day or night, is much safer than most major US or EU cities. I've walked around at all hours of the day and night and unless you are looking for trouble or decide to go with one of the touts / visit shady bars you are not going to encounter any trouble. Its pretty easy to tell what is reputable vs not these days for bars etc.
THECLIPPERS likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's ridiculous fear-mongering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.