Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyMan
Opinion will vary but this was compiled by what was highlighted by most members:

All allow 2 adult with 2 kids
Print Wikipost

which Hyatt in Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by marcopolo12
I'm seeing availability for standard rooms + club access for around 37,000 points per night, while normal rooms without club access is only 29,000 points per night. My wife, 8 month old son and I are thinking about staying there. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts on whether it is worth the extra 8000 Hyatt points per night? If I recall correctly, children aren't allowed in the club in the evenings too right?

Thanks!
Sorry, what hotel are you referring to? Grand Hyatt Tokyo?
Old Jan 23, 2023, 11:20 pm

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
I'm seeing availability for standard rooms + club access for around 37,000 points per night, while normal rooms without club access is only 29,000 points per night. My wife, 8 month old son and I are thinking about staying there. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts on whether it is worth the extra 8000 Hyatt points per night? If I recall correctly, children aren't allowed in the club in the evenings too right?

Thanks!
HR and GH Tokyo allow kids in the lounge.

HR Yokohama bans them during cocktail time.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by THECLIPPERS
HR Yokohama bans them during cocktail time.
In place of this, they offer a big "picnic basket" of goodies for the family to take back to the room.

I saw one family take them up on this last weekend, and the little kid's eyes lit up and she got a big smile on her face from it, so there's at least one person who likes that way of doing things.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:53 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Originally Posted by hailstorm
In place of this, they offer a big "picnic basket" of goodies for the family to take back to the room.

I saw one family take them up on this last weekend, and the little kid's eyes lit up and she got a big smile on her face from it, so there's at least one person who likes that way of doing things.
Yes, we have received the baskets as well but I prefer being in the lounge with the family where I have made many friends.

When Japan was closed HR Yokohama was such a good deal that so many local families would stay there and the eating area turned into a kids zone so I understand the hotel's decision.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 1:41 pm

Thank you, I was asking about the Grand Hyatt Tokyo! Sorry for the confusion.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 1:45 pm

Thank you, I was asking about the Grand Hyatt Tokyo! Sorry for the confusion.
I ended up just forking up the extra 8000 points. The ease of getting breakfast was worth it IMO for 8000 points. Also I was able to secure dates from March 28-April 2nd - peak cherry blossom season. Couldn't believe they had availability. Love Roppongi area too. Thanks everyone!
Old Jan 25, 2023, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I ended up just forking up the extra 8000 points. The ease of getting breakfast was worth it IMO for 8000 points. Also I was able to secure dates from March 28-April 2nd - peak cherry blossom season. Couldn't believe they had availability. Love Roppongi area too. Thanks everyone!
For what 8000 points are worth, you could have had room service breakfast even easier.
OsakaWino likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 8:48 am

Not quite last minute, but only two months away, and during sakura season: I looked at the Hyatts for last week of March into April, and cash prices are pretty crazy (most well over 100k yen per night). Hoping for points availability, and the only one that has points available is the Grant Hyatt, but at 37,000 points per night for a club room. Globalist, so paying for club is redundant, but no base room available. How good are my chances that one of properties opens up base room for points? None, or slim to none?
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:58 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Kirk T
Not quite last minute, but only two months away, and during sakura season: I looked at the Hyatts for last week of March into April, and cash prices are pretty crazy (most well over 100k yen per night). Hoping for points availability, and the only one that has points available is the Grant Hyatt, but at 37,000 points per night for a club room. Globalist, so paying for club is redundant, but no base room available. How good are my chances that one of properties opens up base room for points? None, or slim to none?
Book the club room as long as the cancellation policy is reasonable. If standard rooms become available, book one and then cancel the club room.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 1:20 pm

Yep, that's what I did. I noticed that on some days, the Centric is available for 29k. I could book some nights at the Centric for 29k, and move to the Grand when the Centric doesn't have availability, but that sounds like a pain for a short trip.

Any thoughts on the relative value of 37k at the Grand and 29k at the Centric? I'm assuming this busy period means I won't get any good upgrades at either property.

Last edited by Kirk T; Jan 25, 2023 at 3:39 pm
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Kirk T
Yep, that's what I did. I noticed that on some days, the Centric is available for 29k. I could book some nights at the Centric for 29k, and move to the Grand when the Centric doesn't have availability, but that sounds like a pain for a short trip.

Any thoughts on the relative value of 37k at the Grant and 29k at the Centric? I'm assuming this busy period means I won't get any good upgrades at either property.
Personal preference but I like the Centric better for the location. But just depends on if you like Roppongi vs. Ginza more. For the 8k points savings I would do Centric.
MattEvan likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Keep in mind that Centric doesn't have amenities like a pool or public bath, if those things appeal to you.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 5:49 pm

I noticed the base standard room for points (at 29,000 per night) was available for the Grand if I searched for a longer stay, so I called and asked if the rep could book it for a shorter stint, and they let me do it. So, issue resolved, staying at the Grand. Thanks for your inputs.
olouie likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 2:06 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Does PHT still have a comp shuttle service from HND/NRT?
Old Jan 30, 2023, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Does PHT still have a comp shuttle service from HND/NRT?
It never did. There is a comp shuttle to Shinjuku Station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.