Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyMan
Opinion will vary but this was compiled by what was highlighted by most members:

All allow 2 adult with 2 kids
Print Wikipost

which Hyatt in Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2022, 3:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I just stayed at PHT for the first time and it was a blast. New York Bar's live jazz in the evenings, with the views, just perfect. The location is a 15 minute walk to Shinjuku station and Meiji shrine/Yoyogi park. So two nice places to walk around, and one of the most central stations. Can get pretty much anywhere in Tokyo within 25 minutes from Shinjuku sta. If a 15 minute walk is inconvenient, their shuttle runs some of the day to Shinjuku station, or you can just grab a taxi that's always standing by, for around 1000 yen.

Other than New York Bar, the breakfast at PHT is also by far the best I've had in the Hyatt catalog. They have French chefs who prepare the most amazing pastry every day, and deliver fresh-baked madeleine to you every morning. I ordered whatever I wanted as a globalist and didn't even have to sign a "check" -- everything was taken care of and we just walked away when done.

While I've not stayed at the Andaz, I think PHT is the one for me. I prefer the timeless class to more modern decor, and the staff at PHT were 100% on-point to the extent that I can't imagine better. Really looking forward to our one last night there at the end of our trip before leaving Japan.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ywgckp
Hijacking this thread - we're planning our first ever trip to Japan next summer (myself, my wife, and my 11 year old). Very excited, and I'm looking to secure some hotel bookings while there's availability. I'm a Globalist with some points to burn and 3 suite upgrade certificates. I booked teh PH on points and applied a suite upgrade to the Park Suite for 6 nights, which looked like great value per point. But reading through this thread, I'm having second thoughts about this mainly based on the comments on it having a bad location. The dated interiors are probably less of a concern.

I think a suite would be important for us so the best other option for us would be the Hyatt Centric Ginza, which also has availability. The Grand Hyatt doesn't have a standard suite for really any of the dates I'm looking at, and the Andaz doesn't do suite upgrades.

I'm well stocked for WoH points, so the difference in point cost between the two isn't as important. So the question I'm trying to decide - for a first time family trip to Tokyo - should I do the Park Suite at the PHT (not as great a location, but great service, a pool, and the movie history), or a King Suite at the Hyatt Centric Ginza (brand new hotel, with a better location, but no pool and probably worse service).
Being in Ginza is just good if you're doing a Japanese version of Confessions of a Shopaholic. The Centric has pretty much no views, no pool, much less service and inferior Globalist breakfast. I would use the points at PH before Hyatt realizes that they could make it a Category 8 and people would still redeem there.
ywgckp likes this.

Last edited by Aventine; Dec 3, 2022 at 5:23 am
Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Aventine
Being in Ginza is just good if you're doing a Japanese version of Confessions of a Shopaholic. The Centric has pretty much no views, no pool, much less service and inferior Globalist breakfast. I would use the points at PH before Hyatt realizes that they could make it a Category 8 and people would still redeem there.
Awww don’t tell them to make it Cat. 8! We can’t then use a free night award there! lol
ywgckp likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
OK - thanks all - PHT it is. We're not big shoppers either, so it doesn't sound like there's much to be gained by the switch.

Appreciate the advice.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
OK - thanks all - PHT it is. We're not big shoppers either, so it doesn't sound like there's much to be gained by the switch.

Appreciate the advice.
Perfect choice, as you are not big shoppers. Because Ginza is for the shopping.
ywgckp likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Hijacking this thread - we're planning our first ever trip to Japan next summer (myself, my wife, and my 11 year old). Very excited, and I'm looking to secure some hotel bookings while there's availability. I'm a Globalist with some points to burn and 3 suite upgrade certificates. I booked teh PH on points and applied a suite upgrade to the Park Suite for 6 nights, which looked like great value per point. But reading through this thread, I'm having second thoughts about this mainly based on the comments on it having a bad location. The dated interiors are probably less of a concern.

I think a suite would be important for us so the best other option for us would be the Hyatt Centric Ginza, which also has availability. The Grand Hyatt doesn't have a standard suite for really any of the dates I'm looking at, and the Andaz doesn't do suite upgrades.

I'm well stocked for WoH points, so the difference in point cost between the two isn't as important. So the question I'm trying to decide - for a first time family trip to Tokyo - should I do the Park Suite at the PHT (not as great a location, but great service, a pool, and the movie history), or a King Suite at the Hyatt Centric Ginza (brand new hotel, with a better location, but no pool and probably worse service).
I would choose the Kid Centric all day long if travelling with a child and having a suite booked. The lobby is like a kids play ground with an Aibo, video games, and a wall of gotcha gotcha vending machines.

The location is awesome and service is very personalized since it's a smaller hotel.

I've stayed over 100 nights at Hyatt's in Japan this year and this is one of my favorite Tokyo hotels because of the suite, location, and staff.

You can see some of my hotel posts on instagram at worldtravelguy.

Last edited by THECLIPPERS; Dec 5, 2022 at 7:52 am
Old Dec 5, 2022, 10:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Just finished a 5 night stay at the PHT last week in a Park Suite. Repeat guest.

I actually found the service to be very aloof and disorganized compared to a few years ago. Housekeeping was particularly bad with lack of attention to detail. Chaotic situations at the drop off / bell desk every time we went by going out / back.
I have shared my unhappy experience with their concierge at various places in this forum as well earlier ago. We left an item behind and had to had it takkyubin-ed to our next hotel. The PHT team also royally screwed up on that.

Breakfast - good but not great. Just order more of the musk melon lol

No issues with the suite / hardware itself. Club At The Park for Globalists, in particular, is a blast.

If you're out and about sightseeing, I might want to just do the Centric. Andaz with its new metro station underneath is okay too.
caliform likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 7:35 am

club at park?

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Just finished a 5 night stay at the PHT last week in a Park Suite. Repeat guest.

I actually found the service to be very aloof and disorganized compared to a few years ago. Housekeeping was particularly bad with lack of attention to detail. Chaotic situations at the drop off / bell desk every time we went by going out / back.
I have shared my unhappy experience with their concierge at various places in this forum as well earlier ago. We left an item behind and had to had it takkyubin-ed to our next hotel. The PHT team also royally screwed up on that.

Breakfast - good but not great. Just order more of the musk melon lol

No issues with the suite / hardware itself. Club At The Park for Globalists, in particular, is a blast.

If you're out and about sightseeing, I might want to just do the Centric. Andaz with its new metro station underneath is okay too.
what is the club at the Park for Globalists as I heard they had stopped Globalists drinks...is that back or what is it?
Old Dec 11, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by M sqaured
what is the club at the Park for Globalists as I heard they had stopped Globalists drinks...is that back or what is it?
It's the hotels fitness center and spa complex. Globalists get free entry, but other guests have to pay for admission.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
What the heck is wrong with the listings for ANY dates of Dec 29 2022 - Jan 8 2023? Rooms at GH and Andaz are listed for 2 million yen and not open for points? Tried the entire 29 - 8 block and even tried Dec 29-30. Does this mean rooms are sold out?
Old Dec 11, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
What the heck is wrong with the listings for ANY dates of Dec 29 2022 - Jan 8 2023? Rooms at GH and Andaz are listed for 2 million yen and not open for points? Tried the entire 29 - 8 block and even tried Dec 29-30. Does this mean rooms are sold out?
New Year bookings?
Old Dec 11, 2022, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Yes, it means that all but the highest of the high end rooms are unavailable for booking. Welcome to the return of overseas tourism.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 11:03 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Yes, it means that all but the highest of the high end rooms are unavailable for booking. Welcome to the return of overseas tourism.
All the standard rooms are available though
Old Dec 11, 2022, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
All the standard rooms are available though
Can you show me where you are seeing a standard room going for 2 million yen?
Old Jan 23, 2023, 11:23 am

I'm seeing availability for standard rooms + club access for around 37,000 points per night, while normal rooms without club access is only 29,000 points per night. My wife, 8 month old son and I are thinking about staying there. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts on whether it is worth the extra 8000 Hyatt points per night? If I recall correctly, children aren't allowed in the club in the evenings too right?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.