Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:18 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by reigndrop
I have a two night stay here this week so will update the thread with my experience.

While nothing has been wow quality at this hotel, I have always found it very comfortable and clean and that’s all I really look for in a Manhattan hotel. The location is also very good for business meetings and meals that always happen in the 50s
Good to hear
I actually like the hotel and had a great upgrade on my last visit and find the service outside of the restaurant highly adequate but
don't find front line agents readily empowered to take care of the guest compared to say the Ritz Carlton
If they could solve breakfast I would be fine making PHNY my go to property if they honored the breakfast benefits and offered kind caring guest service in the dining room
the way most Hyatt hotels do

As some data points I just read a review on the Points Guy website of the St Regis New York and was Impressed that they are offering
Platinum's and Titanuims 135 dollar breakfast credits per day!
Restaurant or room service.
Considering Marriott Bonvoy is rewarding Titaniums (75 nights a year) with a 75% bonus to Hyatts 30% @ Globalist
I believe World Of Hyatt needs to up their game at this particular property as much as I love the program otherwise and overall WOH recognition typically

https://thepointsguy.com/news/st-regis-new-york-platinum-breakfast/?tid=curated_02&utm_uniqid=f4aefa6611&utm_source=T PG+Daily+Newsletter&utm_campaign=0b59a30f88-TPG_Curated_Daily_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_ term=0_2b0b8ee2b7-0b59a30f88-44161113

Returned from the Hyatt Regency Orange County this week on business and paid a rate of 99 dollars plus tax for the night.
In the morning I had a great breakfast served by the incomparable Melisa who has been with the hotel for 18 years
and had everything and and anything I could possibly want.
While I stuck to the Continental I was completely delighted with my breakfast that was superior to the Park Hyatt New York with in season fruit and did I say completely complimentary?
I felt guilty leaving the hotel it was such a good value.I'd be crazy not to return and do much more business with them even when the rates are higher

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Mar 3, 2019 at 2:30 pm
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:19 pm

error

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Mar 3, 2019 at 2:20 pm Reason: error
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Good to hear
I actually like the hotel and had a great upgrade on my last visit and find the service outside of the restaurant highly adequate but
don't find front line agents readily empowered to take care of the guest compared to say the Ritz Carlton
If they could solve breakfast I would be fine making PHNY my go to property if they honored the breakfast benefits and offered kind caring guest service in the dining room
the way most Hyatt hotels do
Completely agree. Had to flag someone down after 10 minutes just to get my order taken. Never saw or heard from the waitstaff again. My eggs benedict were 5 seconds away from being boiled eggs on an english muffin.

https://imgur.com/a/b7Ebjki
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would send that back
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Completely agree. Had to flag someone down after 10 minutes just to get my order taken. Never saw or heard from the waitstaff again. My eggs benedict were 5 seconds away from being boiled eggs on an english muffin.

Wow that's terrible, I hope they made you a new one!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint

Appreciate the message and photo demonstrating your own experience^
it’s very reassuring to think it’s not just me 😱
My smoked salmon had black spots and untrimmed skin on it
I sucked it up as my server disappeared from the face of the earth just as they did on the previous visit

if There is any good hopeful news I’ve reached out to Hyatt’s highest corporate management & executives in the company even if there may or may not be a short term solution
Its of my opinion that when they closed the Back Room and started operating in the makeshift restaurant
in the lobby bar area they likely let their best talent go
From restaraunt manager to servers that was 100% evident

After the devastating New York Times Review after opening
and the restaraunt never finding a devoted group of regulars they threw in the towel
on 5 star dining leasing out the space to a 3rd party who operated yet another failed concept
It would give me great pleasure to see the breakfast service and Globalist benefit back on point
Hoping for the best and prepared for no improvement worst case scenario
New York has no lack of options to enjoy a brilliant breakfast
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:41 pm

Is the breakfast $50 pp (per the wiki)? I also used my certificate and staying this week for my birthday. I would also send those eggs back. Stayed here last year and not hoping for much. Breakfast was horrible.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Is the breakfast $50 pp (per the wiki)? I also used my certificate and staying this week for my birthday. I would also send those eggs back. Stayed here last year and not hoping for much. Breakfast was horrible.
I added that data point to the wiki and yes, it was per person.

Hope you have a great birthday!
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I had a very positive experience here the past couple days (just checked out).

I had originally booked using a free night cert + 30k points for the two night stay, which puts you into the entry level kind bed. My wife checked-in and without asking, they upgraded us to a one bed city view suite which is a ton of real estate for Manhattan.

I won’t comment on the hard product because it remains one of the best (heated floors, crisp / soft sheets, Japanese toilet, etc.) but service was decent. For breakfast, we did room service both days - we were told that we would be charged a $10 delivery fee and that each person was entitled to one entree + one side + one beverage. We stuck with that and the receipt each day was $100-$140.

Upon check out, we were charged nothing for the breakfast and the $10 delivery fee was not levied either. When I requested 4p checkout, that was granted without any hesitation. They have spoiled me forever now because 1,000 sq ft is now the minimum room size for future stays in Manhattan...
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:10 am

I had originally booked using a free night cert + 30k points for the two night stay, which puts you into the entry level kind bed. My wife checked-in and without asking, they upgraded us to a one bed city view suite which is a ton of real estate for Manhattan.

I won’t comment on the hard product because it remains one of the best (heated floors, crisp / soft sheets, Japanese toilet, etc.) but service was decent. For breakfast, we did room service both days - we were told that we would be charged a $10 delivery fee and that each person was entitled to one entree + one side + one beverage. We stuck with that and the receipt each day was $100-$140.

Upon check out, we were charged nothing for the breakfast and the $10 delivery fee was not levied either. When I requested 4p checkout, that was granted without any hesitation. They have spoiled me forever now because 1,000 sq ft is now the minimum room size for future stays in Manhattan...
Your experience exactly mirrors mine at this property. I've always gotten: amazing hard product, wonderful room upgrades, no charge for breakfast.
dpb132 and Biggie Fries like this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Your experience exactly mirrors mine at this property. I've always gotten: amazing hard product, wonderful room upgrades, no charge for breakfast.
Good to hear. I'm hoping that I have a similar experience in May.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat

Good for you! May be their management & Hyatt corporate management have heard about all of our whining? LOL. You never know

BTW, I didn’t get any room with heated bathroom floors on my 2 stays at the PH NYC! This is a feature that I am very fond of after experiencing it at the PH Paris Vendome
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Ditto. Reality far exceeds what a few complainers on this thread would have you believe.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dpb132

Ditto. Reality far exceeds what a few complainers on this thread would have you believe.
That seems to happen a lot around here.

The food complaints seem legit though. The picture posted was of eggs benedict that were basically hard boiled -- there is no excuse for that. Of course mistakes happen and if it was just a one-time thing that was replaced with an apology, I wouldn't make a big deal about it. On the other hand if it's a regular thing, that's a problem.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
That seems to happen a lot around here.

The food complaints seem legit though. The picture posted was of eggs benedict that were basically hard boiled -- there is no excuse for that. Of course mistakes happen and if it was just a one-time thing that was replaced with an apology, I wouldn't make a big deal about it. On the other hand if it's a regular thing, that's a problem.
I’ve had amazing Eggs Benedict there. Guess I was just lucky... over and over again.
dpb132 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.