Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2023, 7:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by drnilescrane
I've heard from friends in the hotel industry that Hyatt's loosing money running it and wants to sell it, but can't find another sucker who will pay what they think it's worth while keeping the Hyatt flag on it.
Exactly what I would have guessed.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 5:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Southwest
Any recent data points for this property concerning breakfast? Seeing from some Facebook groups that breakfast has been reduced to only four options for Globalists now...but unsure if this is just Facebook being Facebook or if it's been severely cut?
Old Nov 29, 2023, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by mrakers85
Any recent data points for this property concerning breakfast? Seeing from some Facebook groups that breakfast has been reduced to only four options for Globalists now...but unsure if this is just Facebook being Facebook or if it's been severely cut?
I saw the same report. Looking for reports as well. Have a stay booked Dec 28-Jan 1. Peak points. Will be very disappointed if that is true. It was the primary reason we picked the PH and now there is basically no availability anywhere else.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by txmikedc
I saw the same report. Looking for reports as well. Have a stay booked Dec 28-Jan 1. Peak points. Will be very disappointed if that is true. It was the primary reason we picked the PH and now there is basically no availability anywhere else.
I spoke to the PHNY this morning. They indicated that the breakfast policy is unchanged. One complete breakfast OR one a la carte entree + juice + hot beverage. She specifically mentioned the lobster scramble and Benedict as options.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 7:28 am

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
I'll be back here in a few days so will confirm if anything's changed.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 8:24 am

Checked out yesterday. The waiter (which wasn't friendly to put it mildly) said pick anything up to $42 which is the price of the set breakfast. Spent a bit more than that but didn't get charged.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 2:05 pm

Just finished another 1-night stay here on points. Upgraded to a junior suite on the 8th floor prior to arrival, though it wasn't one of the typical curved atrium rooms and had the standard floor-to-ceiling windows (this was a first for us.) Full breakfast charges waived despite ordering a few extra little things. Staff was pleasant. Valet parking for an SUV here is now $105 a night, so free valet on points stays remains a huge bargain in our eyes. We'll continue to be back regularly!

Old Dec 2, 2023, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by OhDoctor
Just finished another 1-night stay here on points. Upgraded to a junior suite on the 8th floor prior to arrival, though it wasn't one of the typical curved atrium rooms and had the standard floor-to-ceiling windows (this was a first for us.) Full breakfast charges waived despite ordering a few extra little things. Staff was pleasant. Valet parking for an SUV here is now $105 a night, so free valet on points stays remains a huge bargain in our eyes. We'll continue to be back regularly!

Thanks for the update. Looks like a nice room. We’ll be celebrating my birthday (a bit early, since it is actually a couple weeks later but have to go during school breaks for my son). Hopefully, they’ll hook us up with a nice room.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 10:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by txmikedc
Thanks for the update. Looks like a nice room. We’ll be celebrating my birthday (a bit early, since it is actually a couple weeks later but have to go during school breaks for my son). Hopefully, they’ll hook us up with a nice room.
8th Floor overlooking 57th St. is not something I'd be hoping for. Dark and loud.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
8th Floor overlooking 57th St. is not something I'd be hoping for. Dark and loud.
I actually disagree. You're high up enough that it isn't too loud, and I prefer the views of the city -- particularly around Christmas time -- than most of the skyscraper and "park view" (i.e. distant sliver past the JW) rooms.

My favorite view here is actually the one bedroom city view suite on the corner, low floor, looking at Carnegie Hall.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
You're high up enough that it isn't too loud
Then you have a higher tolerance for street noise than I. It's especially bad if there's any construction on 57th (which is pretty common).
Old Dec 3, 2023, 2:54 pm

My favorite view here is actually the one bedroom city view suite on the corner, low floor, looking at Carnegie Hall.
Put me on the 20th floor and that's my favorite too (XX12 stack). Otherwise I prefer the 1 Kings that face the Nordstrom tower (XX13 stack) or high floor 58th street.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I've never stayed at this property, but am considering it with my wife and daugher.

Does anyone know what lower rate rooms can accomodate a rollaway?

And what is the suite type for the upgrade certs?
Old Dec 3, 2023, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by dingo
I've never stayed at this property, but am considering it with my wife and daugher.

Does anyone know what lower rate rooms can accomodate a rollaway?

And what is the suite type for the upgrade certs?
any king room for $75 per night. No two bed standard rooms.

SUA is to a 1 king suite. (Not one bedroom suite or king studio suite.)
Old Dec 3, 2023, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by drnilescrane
Put me on the 20th floor and that's my favorite too (XX12 stack). Otherwise I prefer the 1 Kings that face the Nordstrom tower (XX13 stack) or high floor 58th street.
this is helpful information. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.