Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Has anyone booked the points plus cash suite award recently? When I made my prior booking the agent mentioned I could confirm the one bedroom suite for 30,000 + $400/night. On my last stay I initially did that, but I ended up rolling the dice and downgrading the booking to a standard booking since I wasn't sure confirming the suite was worth the extra money.

Now I'm going back in a few weeks and my better half loved our suite from last time so much, she wants to play it safe and confirm it advance this time since the stay is in December and it will likely be busier. I called and booked it and it shows up correctly as 30K points + $400/night, but the agent kept mentioning that it looked like it required you to use 30K points, a suite upgrade certificate and $400 and that it might not work. It let her book it but her comments made me a little nervous. I know the hotel has offered this for a long time, and as far as I know it was always just the cash and points and no suite upgrade certificate.

I think she's mistaken and I have a call into the in house reservations department to confirm, but wanted to see if anyone else has done this recently.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Just stayed here for two nights. Booked basic room on points, used TSU and asked Concierge whether she could confirm a one-bedroom suite instead of a junior suite. Got a reply at booking saying "Okay, the hotel has agreed to book you into a suite!" This seemed somewhat ambiguous, but I didn't feel like engaging in back-and-forth with my concierge so I figured I'd wait and see whether "suite" meant real suite or junior suite at check-in.

Checked in around 9 p.m., was told I was in a junior suite. Mentioned the concierge request, the front desk agent called someone and told me, well, we are all sold out tonight, but we can move you tomorrow. I said that was fine -- and indeed, someone proactively called the next day at noon and we moved. To be fair, the junior suite is beautiful and large, and the one-bed/1.5-bath suite we moved to wasn't significantly different apart from the doors separating the bedroom and the extra half-bath. I wouldn't have paid extra for it over the junior suite... although the specific junior suite we got (1004) was right over 57th street and there was a bunch of street noise, and I appreciated that the full suite (1414) was facing north and had no street noise at all.

This was a birthday stay and the hotel knew (presumably because my concierge told them). When we arrived in our room, there was a delicious birthday cake-flavored mousse and a bottle of nice sparkling wine on ice, along with another bucket of ice for drinking. Nice touch.

I thought the breakfast was quite generous, considering that room service isn't supposed to be allowed -- I was pleased to order steak and eggs, a lobster egg scramble, a glass of juice, and a glass of milk, for breakfast each morning. We just used the Nespresso machine in the room for coffee. It came to a couple bucks over the $100 each morning, but that wasn't charged. Shoes were well shined. Our test of the service was that when we went out for dinner at Per Se on night two, we called and asked for turndown while we were gone. Specifically, we asked for them to replace our robes, which we had worn to the (omg amazing) pool and back, with fresh ones in specific sizes... and we asked them to place a bottle of champagne, which I left on the desk, on ice. When we returned from our dinner, the room had been turned down immaculately (every cord was coiled, underwear was folded, shoes were lined up) and the requests were honored. This made my day and I will return because of it.

On the way out on day three, it was no problem to get a 2 p.m. check out. I didn't need later so I didn't ask. When we came down the first elevator, a bellman greeted us, walked us downstairs, and arranged for the house car to take us over to the St. Regis for our next stay.

All in all, I'll gladly burn points here again, and I'll even burn a TSU for a junior suite -- but I'll avoid a street-facing room.
caliform likes this.

Last edited by platbrownguy; Oct 22, 2018 at 11:56 pm
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
the specific junior suite we got (1004) was right over 57th street and there was a bunch of street noise
All the junior suites (what the property now disingenuously calls a "King Suite") are on low floors facing 57th Street. When we stayed here, they were doing 24 hour construction on the street right below. The noise was horrible.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kacee
All the junior suites (what the property now disingenuously calls a "King Suite") are on low floors facing 57th Street. When we stayed here, they were doing 24 hour construction on the street right below. The noise was horrible.
Ours was the 4th or 6th floor and the garbage trucks at 4:30am were bad enough. Can't imagine 24 hour construction!
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I stayed last week, Explorist, upgraded from Studio Suite to One Bed Suite.

Have stayed here twice previously but over two years ago, have tried other properties since. Room was showing wear and tear but still very nice.

Aesthetically the hotel is very nice but to me feels more like a very nice hotel in Asia rather than NYC.

With the exception of the lovely girl who checked me in, and some of the housekeepers, I really find the staff at the PHNY inoffensive at best, and some to be completely disinterested. This goes from the concierge, to the front desk, to the restaurant and bar, to the front door. I’m no stranger to high end hotels but there’s something really quite unfriendly about this property, especially considering it’s in the US.

I stayed here because I’m doing the Globalist 20 night challenge, which I guess is working for Hyatt because they got my business. That said, next time I’ll stay elsewhere as the attitude (as someone who always smiles, says hello and isnt pushy) just isn’t my style.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Well that sucks. No way would I stay in a low-floor room facing 57th again. So I guess I might not be back.

Maybe the newly announced changes will allow a redemption for (or upgrade to) a premium suite, though I'm not holding my breath for availability. Given the room rates, even the 60,000 points a night doesn't seem unreasonable for a nice suite here... and if the 9k/night rate were available to confirm an upgrade to a real suite at booking, that would seem to be a reasonable use of points as well.

Still, all in all happy with the stay; I can confirm that I wasn't charged the overages for breakfast (which were actually $6.xx and $2.xx), and it really was nice to be able to get it delivered to the room each morning.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Well that sucks. No way would I stay in a low-floor room facing 57th again. So I guess I might not be back.

Maybe the newly announced changes will allow a redemption for (or upgrade to) a premium suite, though I'm not holding my breath for availability. Given the room rates, even the 60,000 points a night doesn't seem unreasonable for a nice suite here... and if the 9k/night rate were available to confirm an upgrade to a real suite at booking, that would seem to be a reasonable use of points as well.

Still, all in all happy with the stay; I can confirm that I wasn't charged the overages for breakfast (which were actually $6.xx and $2.xx), and it really was nice to be able to get it delivered to the room each morning.
60,000 is a lot for one night in a premium suite. I'd rather just slum it for 30,000.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Especially in NYC, where there are a million reasons not to be in the room.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE

Have I been delegated into this near-windowless room only meant for lowly-unworthy points guests? I can’t believe this is going for $1,745+ tonight......
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by G-CIVC

Have I been delegated into this near-windowless room only meant for lowly-unworthy points guests? I can’t believe this is going for $1,745+ tonight......
Wow that’s nutty. More like “closet” or “servants quarters”...

Always gotten Globalist suite upgrades there...
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Looks like it - that looks like a pretty crappy room
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
They shouldn't be selling that room at anything close to that rate. But nothing this property does would surprise me.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
They shouldn't be selling that room at anything close to that rate. But nothing this property does would surprise me.
Well they might really have had, as I took their offer for a copay upgrade into a suite (promised a ‘1 bedroom suite’ over the phone and LOL, it’s an open plan) - sorry globs!

service still gets a 0 as when I arrived earlier today, the doorman actually started going the other way; ground floor agent said ‘where are you going???’ In a rather unfriendly way; there was a line (not really one, but congestion and waiting while being ignored) at the front desk; ‘we don’t know if we have anything ready at 3 or 4’ from the FD agent then shooed off without offering a drink, access to fitness center or anything at all, I even had to prompt before they were willing to take my bag first. The apathy continues when she clearly sees me sitting in the lobby in front of her afterwards. And just denied a 2pm late checkout as it’s apparently ‘subject to availability’...
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
... And just denied a 2pm late checkout as it’s apparently ‘subject to availability’...[/left]
No, it isn't. Ask to talk to a manager.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist

Must be for point guest... As a Globalist, I received the same room on my recent redemption(5 nights).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.