Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:12 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Before making such a comment, have you stayed at the PHNY?
My two very detailed reviews are pinned at the top of the page...
platbrownguy, Kacee and Dave510 like this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Might be wrong, but I thought that space operated, again, as the Back Room for a brief time after Bevy closed.
No restaurant has operated in that space since Bevy closed in January. It's even technically still called Bevy, but it was redone for event usage and was ready in March.

Regardless, the space itself isn't what needed "renovations."
The point is that there were no renovations being done as of last week, therefore calling into question the accuracy of the website. Especially with the name issue.

If PHNY intends to have a new restaurant up and running by Oct. 11, they have plenty of time to do so. Hell, they could wait another 2-3 weeks and still have time.
If they want to throw in a couple dining tables and call it good (and close it again after a few weeks b/c it's still going to be losing money)? Sure. For a new concept? No, not going to happen in two months.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gengar
The point is that there were no renovations being done as of last week, therefore calling into question the accuracy of the website. Especially with the name issue.
I haven't seen the space since Bevy closed, but I figured everyone here was operating under the assumption that the "renovations" thing on the web site was mostly code for "we're working on a new concept and trying to find a new chef." Bevy didn't fail because of the decor.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:36 pm

I haven't seen the space since Bevy closed, but I figured everyone here was operating under the assumption that the "renovations" thing on the web site was mostly code for "we're working on a new concept and trying to find a new chef." Bevy didn't fail because of the decor.
Website is incorrect. No new restaurant. The old restaurant space is being used as a small event space and they have no plans to open a restaurant in that space.

The Living Room is the only “restaurant”.
dpb132 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:46 pm
Suspended

You're saying the "renovations" update on the PHNY Concierge page not only has been there since the summer of 2016, but was never updated to reflect the April 2017 opening of Bevy, which would have been a six-month delay after the "Oct. 21" on the site?

Hard to believe the concierge section of a $500+/night hotel would get so little attention.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Was that your bill as one person staying in the room? Looks like the poster above you had two people in the room. If my assumptions are right, that could possibly explain it. Might be worth booking for 2 people and saying the other one would "be along later."
It was for 2 people and we definitely didn't order breakfast to excess. Two 57th st breakfast sets, a French press pot of coffee and one sweet entree each. It is what it is and YMMV.

Personally, I think PH NY's hardware is one of the best in the system. It's their stingy behavior to Hyatt loyalist benefits that needs an adjustment.

Last edited by Aventine; Aug 14, 2018 at 3:16 am
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:16 am

You're saying the "renovations" update on the PHNY Concierge page not only has been there since the summer of 2016, but was never updated to reflect the April 2017 opening of Bevy, which would have been a six-month delay after the "Oct. 21" on the site?

Hard to believe the concierge section of a $500+/night hotel would get so little attention.
I just completed a stay there and spoke to GM & other executive team members and they all made it clear. No new restaurant.

With this property I don’t find it hard to believe. Unfortunately attention to detail is one of there weak points.
dpb132 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:22 am
Suspended

Two years without updating a key section of their web site? That's nuts. But thanks for the update.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Not sure how it could be "severely out of date"; believe it was just posted on the site within the past month or so. They could build a whole new restaurant in the 10+ weeks between now and Oct. 21.
Looks like I was right...severely out of date indeed.

Thanks to those who provided on-property updates!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
How does this place stack up vs. the Andaz 5th Ave at comparable rates? I can get a room here for ~700/night and the Andaz is about 120/night less.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by caliform
How does this place stack up vs. the Andaz 5th Ave at comparable rates? I can get a room here for ~700/night and the Andaz is about 120/night less.
The Andaz is nice, but not $580 nice, IMHO.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
The Andaz is nice, but not $580 nice, IMHO.
Agree. Unfortunately, the PH isn't $700 nice either.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Pickles
Agree. Unfortunately, the PH isn't $700 nice either.
This is the key. There are at least half a dozen better NYC properties at that price point.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by caliform
This hotel is better than the broken shell of Andaz 5th Avenue. $700 is more palatable than the $1200 they sometimes want though.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by Aventine
This hotel is better than the broken shell of Andaz 5th Avenue. $700 is more palatable than the $1200 they sometimes want though.
Thank you. I wasn't really interested in hearing whether or not they're both terrible or how much they've both slid from their past glory, but rather a value judgement. Will monitor prices at it seems they take a nose-dive about a week out — I can always rebook it at ~300/night for the Andaz or ~500 for the PHNY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.