Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:46 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by dpb132
As noted by others above, the continental breakfast is $38.

https://www.hyatt.com/content/dam/ho...akfastMenu.pdf
Just to be clear
That's a limited continental breakfast you refer to on the menu and not what I ordered
To me continental are any cold items and pastry muffins fruit plate cereal etc
I spelled out most of what I had in my previous post. I ordered ala carte
My smoked salmon and avocado with nothing else was 34 dollars total as I originally stated or 28 dollars and a 6 dollar side of avocado before tax
The 100 dollars did include their service charge until I added an additional tip by accident
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by afmiami
Wow, those are disastrous experiences! I went there a dozen times over the years, as I like the location, the pool and the rooms, but I concur that breakfast is horrible: random service, outrageous prices, limit to Globalist credit. I actually often go for breakfast at Petrossian around the corner on 7th ave.
I will be at PHNY again this Friday, let's see how it goes.
What is the limit to the globalist breakfast credit?

The terms are very clear as to what the breakfast includes: 1 entree, 1 side, 1 coffee or tea, 1 juice, etc, etc (I can't remember all of it off the top of my head). If you order that (and just that) they cannot charge you for it. If they do, just ask for the charge to be removed.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler

The terms are very clear as to what the breakfast includes: 1 entree, 1 side, 1 coffee or tea, 1 juice, etc, etc (I can't remember all of it off the top of my head). If you order that (and just that) they cannot charge you for it. If they do, just ask for the charge to be removed.
I believe the hotel allocates 50 dollars a day for one guest or party of 2 two 50 dollar credits Can't be combined for 1
Think it was less in the past.But the terms and conditions are thrown out the window here for whatever the hotels self serving interest is
I've never been able to get an answer from anyone as to why that is but it is
Once you go over the $ limit be prepared to pay
Most Hyatt's worldwide let you have whatever you want if the order is reasonable one main dish/a side or two a bottle of water etc
I'm a huge fan of many a Hyatt's breakfast The Bellevue so many wonderful ones all over the world with caring kind hospitable service thats like a family
I know servers in some properties that have been there for decades

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Dec 10, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I believe the hotel allocates 50 dollars a day for one guest or party of 2 two 50 dollar credits Cant be combined for 1
Think it was less in the past.But the terms and conditions are thrown out the window here for whatever the hotels self serving interest is
Ive never been able to get an answer from anyone as to why that is but it is
Regardless of the hotel's policy, they have no choice but to abide by Hyatt's.

I would simply order what is allowed. If they charge me for it, I'd ask them to remove it. If they refuse, I'd escalate to a manager. If that didn't work, I'd escalate to Hyatt corporate. If that didn't work, I'd do a chargeback on the credit card (the terms are pretty clear so it's pretty straightforward).

I'm sure it wouldn't get anywhere NEAR that far.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist

From WOH terms and conditions:

"When staying at a participating hotel or resort that does not have a Club lounge (or if Club lounge is closed), Globalists will receive daily complimentary full breakfast (which includes one entrée or standard breakfast buffet, juice, and coffee, as well as tax, gratuity and service charges) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children."

I would also note that WOH terms and conditions expressly say that room service is not covered. So, PHNY provides a benefit above and beyond the published requirement.

A review of the menu shows that virtually any combination of entree, juice, and coffee would come in at or below the $50 per person benefit.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP

The credit is $50/person, which is enough for their set American Breakfast called the 57th St Breakfast, which has everything you lay out above (Eggs, 1 Meat, small side of potatoes, juice and coffee). I think the question then becomes what if you want a different entree, different side, etc, should that be fully comp'd or not?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by spgplat21
The credit is $50/person, which is enough for their set American Breakfast called the 57th St Breakfast, which has everything you lay out above (Eggs, 1 Meat, small side of potatoes, juice and coffee). I think the question then becomes what if you want a different entree, different side, etc, should that be fully comp'd or not?
Great question indeed but as of today technically no
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From WOH terms and conditions:

"When staying at a participating hotel or resort that does not have a Club lounge (or if Club lounge is closed), Globalists will receive daily complimentary full breakfast (which includes one entrée or standard breakfast buffet, juice, and coffee, as well as tax, gratuity and service charges) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children."

I would also note that WOH terms and conditions expressly say that room service is not covered. So, PHNY provides a benefit above and beyond the published requirement.

A review of the menu shows that virtually any combination of entree, juice, and coffee would come in at or below the $50 per person benefit.
Oh. Then what's the problem? This is what I'd expect. I'm sure it beats any US-based lounge breakfast.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Oh. Then what's the problem? This is what I'd expect. I'm sure it beats any US-based lounge breakfast.
Exactly. The problem, and the reason for the last 20-odd posts in this thread, is that one Globalist decided to order whatever he liked off the menu to the tune of $100, then complained about it not being covered.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
... but for a $10 fee, which the FD agent checking me in went out of her way to emphasize will be charged regardless of any remaining portion of the breakfast credit. So while it's probably better than not offering room service at all, I would not qualify this as "above and beyond the published requirement".
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:56 pm

Exactly. The problem, and the reason for the last 20-odd posts in this thread, is that one Globalist decided to order whatever he liked off the menu to the tune of $100, then complained about it not being covered.
To say that you likely didn't fully understand my post.and that's ok we all have different expectations and life experiences
I don't consider a fruit plate oj bottle of water smoked salmon plate to be extravagant by any Hyatt standard 3 or 4 star let alone 5 star
Almost every Hyatt does the normal basics typically brilliantly other than the limited service properties.The expectation is higher at a 5 star
What I said is that if I am going to pay for the difference in my breakfast allowance which I am happy to do as I do at the Waldorf Astoria by Hilton
as one of many examples then my expectation is to have a solid experience and have high quality service and product
Old Dec 10, 2018, 9:21 pm

There are two discussions here one about what’s included or not in the Globalist benefit and the other on service and food and beverage quality which is where I started out as my hopeful main objective
even if failed. For what I ordered it was vastly superior at the Hyatt Regency LAX club lounge as just one of many Hyatt comparisons.
I've had better experiences in a wide variety of Hyatt lounges some excellent some not but others may indeed find the PH NYC better or worse
That's all subjective based on personal preferences and perhaps what you typically like to order.
I do prefer restaurants over lounges but I think the vast amount of Hyatt customers might disagree.
Having said that I see a shift for Globalists starting to prefer restaurants All experiences can vary even in the best of restaurants or clubs.
I can order the greatest scrambled eggs and home fries at the Mission here in San Diego and be happy for 10 dollars at 7 or 10 times the price the expectation goes higher.
Hot dishes may likely be better as they were last year when I dined there.

After you spend 30,000 points or 800 dollars a night for a stay I would be happy to read of your pleasure or lack of it based on your past Hyatt experiences and benefit expectation.
Can say if its the best of your lifetime it would be respected and appreciated as would be if you felt the value was there or it wasn't.
I do know that I am not alone in my thinking and perception but appreciate the feedback and all points of view shared..All good to know
Thanks All

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Dec 11, 2018 at 12:31 am
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Thanks for a good laugh.
This property has a long, distinguished history of improperly charging Globalists for breakfast "overages."

And I suggest you reread 777 gmh's posts. He's not complaining about being charged for going over the allowance. He's relating his experience and commenting on unreasonable breakfast prices.

Last edited by Kacee; Dec 11, 2018 at 12:13 am
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:23 am

Thank You Kacee ^

If anyone finds themselves going to the Park Hyatt New York and would like a complimentary signature cocktail in the Living Room send me a message and I will send along a voucher
I only have one but like to see it go to good use after some good samaritan reading my posts
And yes gratuity is included!
Happy Holidays & Many Hyatt Cheers
Aventine likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by pageboy

Wow. Please remember that punctuation is your friend. Exceedingly hard to read post.

Many years ago punctuation and I had a separation especially when I'm running out in a rush to dinner
Kacee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.