Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lighthouse206

I’ve had amazing Eggs Benedict there. Guess I was just lucky... over and over again.
I'm hoping!
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I'm hoping!
The smoothies are delish too....
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:02 pm

I'm hoping!
Just don’t expect them to fall all over you because you happen to be a Globalist... they have real honest to goodness VIPs/celebs staying there every night. THEY (the ones actually paying $1,000+/night) get the VIP service. Doesn’t bother me... I’ve been very well treated w/nice upgrades and everything else but expectations matter and I realize I’m paying with points.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sapguy

Good for you! May be their management & Hyatt corporate management have heard about all of our whining? LOL. You never know

BTW, I didn’t get any room with heated bathroom floors on my 2 stays at the PH NYC! This is a feature that I am very fond of after experiencing it at the PH Paris Vendome
Maybe it was broken? I've always had rooms with the heated floors.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
That seems to happen a lot around here.

The food complaints seem legit though. The picture posted was of eggs benedict that were basically hard boiled -- there is no excuse for that. Of course mistakes happen and if it was just a one-time thing that was replaced with an apology, I wouldn't make a big deal about it. On the other hand if it's a regular thing, that's a problem.
Was not trying to be a complainer. I believe I fairly shared my experience. I provided a picture so everyone can be their own judge. I didn't make a big deal about it. I shared my feedback with Scott who is the Assistant Manager of the Living Room but didn't expect any compensation or apology. I realize I already received breakfast free as a Globalist.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Was not trying to be a complainer. I believe I fairly shared my experience. I provided a picture so everyone can be their own judge. I didn't make a big deal about it. I shared my feedback with Scott who is the Assistant Manager of the Living Room but didn't expect any compensation or apology. I realize I already received breakfast free as a Globalist.
I hate complaining but will do so when appropriate. In your case I would have (and would have expected appropriate resolution...) Fortunately, I've just never had any real reason TO complain at PHNY (although I came close when they ran out of pool towels and the lifeguard said "sorry we're out for the the DAY.." as if they couldn't wash more, but whatever.)
Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should be complaining about those eggs.

I wouldn't expect any compensation (that would be strange) but I'd expect the server to take them back and the kitchen to make them properly. Pointing them out to the server should be enough for an apology and an offer to replace them. Whether breakfast was included in your rate, complementary due to your status, or paid for out of pocket is not relevant.

Pointing it out to the manager afterwards seems like a waste of time; almost passive aggressive. I'd much rather give them a chance to make it right, rather than escalating to their boss without them even knowing that there's a problem.
caliform likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
in my book your not a conplainer if you send your eggs back. Your doing them s favor so perhaps the next person who orders gets them cooked correctly and they get s chance to get it right for you. Nor does the logic being a globalist and got it free sit well for me. When I use a TSU or any Hyatt free night , I earned that by their rules and expect the same treatment as if I had paid any eligible rate on the website.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:13 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
You should be complaining about those eggs.

I wouldn't expect any compensation (that would be strange) but I'd expect the server to take them back and the kitchen to make them properly. Pointing them out to the server should be enough for an apology and an offer to replace them. Whether breakfast was included in your rate, complementary due to your status, or paid for out of pocket is not relevant.

Pointing it out to the manager afterwards seems like a waste of time; almost passive aggressive. I'd much rather give them a chance to make it right, rather than escalating to their boss without them even knowing that there's a problem.
I appreciate the perspective. I was fully planning to send it back and looked for the waiter during the meal but he was never to be found. He only appeared at the end with a check and my partner had already finished her entire meal. We had things to do so I just moved on with my day. I didn't go looking for the manager, I mentioned the experience as part of the overall review I game the hotel in the email survey and he reached out for details. I shared them and never heard back. I will take the feedback I've received here and handle the situation differently in the future. Thanks too all that contributed and shared their experience and views.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:49 am

I mentioned the experience as part of the overall review I game the hotel in the email survey and he reached out for details. I shared them and never heard back.
Classic.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, that is a problem. Unless I'm at a fairly cheap place I expect the server to come by and ask if everything is ok; if you need anything else, etc, etc.

Funnily, despite what people say about New York, I find that I usually get better service in NY than SF (where they don't believe in service)
francophile likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Yeah, that is a problem. Unless I'm at a fairly cheap place I expect the server to come by and ask if everything is ok; if you need anything else, etc, etc.

Funnily, despite what people say about New York, I find that I usually get better service in NY than SF (where they don't believe in service)
This has never happened to me in 3 stays there.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.

Heck, I expect that kind of service at Denny's (and nearly always the servers exceed my expectations there).

And acute observation -- upon reflection of my experiences eating out in both cities, I agree regarding NY vs SF levels of service.
francophile likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:00 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Thank you for your comments and to all those that have shared their experiences good or bad on service and dining @ The Park Hyatt New York in this forum
I have escalated this to the highest powers that be that are responsible for managing all of this and look forward to our direct discussion which has been offered.
If anyone would like to add to their personal experiences positive or negative I'd be happy to take those comments or concerns on board and use them as additional data points
I’ve really made an unusual effort to try and help the hotel understand that a number of us really like the hotel and want to be able to be regular return guests
And that for some the issue is concerning
I personally don't want to go to the St Regis, Ritz ,Mandarin Oriental and avoid the hotel as at the end of the day my preferred travel partner is Hyatt
Appreciate any additional feedback
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:01 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't get your hopes up yet, but on my just concluded stay, I was speaking with a member of management. He said that the "team" has been discussing the Globalist breakfast issue and is well aware that people are very dissatisfied with the current policy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.