Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Residence Club REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Residence Club REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador , Marriott platinum, United, Delta
Just received the offer today.

$1495 book by Nov 9 and stay by December 2017.

How hard was it to get the dates you wanted. We were hoping for the first week of June. If you put it on your Hyatt card do you get the 5x points.

thanks
Old Oct 15, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mitchwebb
Just received the offer today.

$1495 book by Nov 9 and stay by December 2017.

How hard was it to get the dates you wanted. We were hoping for the first week of June. If you put it on your Hyatt card do you get the 5x points.

thanks
It wasn't hard to get the dates we wanted. I had some flights picked out, but when I called about the Hyatt, those dates were not available. So I hung up, found another flight date, and called back. That time it was a go! So I recommend having a couple of options in mind when you call.

And yes, we did get 5x points for using the Hyatt card. I had even used an Amex card because I couldn't find the Hyatt card in a scrambled look through the "sock drawer" while I was on the phone with them. The next day I called back and asked if they could reverse the Amex charge and put it on the Chase Hyatt Visa. No problem.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA
I got the $1495 offer a couple months ago by mail, with an email version arriving today. Ignored it because of the homeownership requirement, although based on this thread that doesn't seem like a dealbreaker.

We still don't need a two-bedroom suite, though, as we have no kids. Anyone have any experience getting a cheaper offer for a one-bedroom suite, or is this offer pretty much set in stone?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chrisremo
I got the $1495 offer a couple months ago by mail, with an email version arriving today. Ignored it because of the homeownership requirement, although based on this thread that doesn't seem like a dealbreaker.

We still don't need a two-bedroom suite, though, as we have no kids. Anyone have any experience getting a cheaper offer for a one-bedroom suite, or is this offer pretty much set in stone?
Sorry for the delayed response. I believe you can ask about the availability of one bedrooms, but since they have far less of them, they're rarely available, and there's no guarantee you'll get an ocean view. They only have one section of ocean-facing 1 bedrooms, I believe 9 or 10 units. The rest of the 1 bedrooms have mountain views. I'm sure the mountain views are lovely, but with the awesome balconies they have here you'll want an ocean view

Worth asking just to see what the price difference would be, if it's possible, but I'd highly recommend the 2 bedroom. The extra space (and bathroom!) was nice, & we actually had some friends crash in the 2nd bedroom one night after an event we all went to.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Originally Posted by chrisremo

I arrive this week and was able to get a 1BR instead of the 2BR in the offer. I believe the total, inclusive of taxes, was $1,128 for the 1BR. I asked if they could extend the offer to 8 days and they said no. They had a cash rate available for those extra nights but it was $899/night (NO THANKS).

We ended up getting a cheap rate next door at the Hyatt Regency and upgraded w/ a diamond upgrade for the extra 3 days.

About a month ago they did open up the days I was looking for 30,000 Hyatt pts/night for the 1BR, but didn't want to blow 90k points. I don't think it's a terrible redemption, but since i had the suite booked next door for $220/night, I just kept that.

Let me know if anyone has any questions and I'll try and answer them after I return.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:48 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
We just booked a 3 bedroom for 2,999+tax for 5 nights in late August. Had to be there anyways for a wedding, we wanted to stay together vs. 2-2bedrooms and 1st time we were there, the 3 bedroom looked stunning. For 8 of us, still a great deal compared to hotel rooms.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Taking my kids to Maui for a last minute trip next weekend. We were able to get 2 nights at the HR and 2 nights at the Residence using points. The Residence Club room they had for points is a 1BR Ocean View, though I would prefer a 2BR and there are 2BR units available if I were to pay cash. Anybody know if there is anything I can do to beg, borrow, steal or otherwise get into a 2BR instead of a 1BR given that they are the same cost in points?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by noah
Taking my kids to Maui for a last minute trip next weekend. We were able to get 2 nights at the HR and 2 nights at the Residence using points. The Residence Club room they had for points is a 1BR Ocean View, though I would prefer a 2BR and there are 2BR units available if I were to pay cash. Anybody know if there is anything I can do to beg, borrow, steal or otherwise get into a 2BR instead of a 1BR given that they are the same cost in points?
I called GP back today and learned a few things
- Hyatt Residences are not required to make Standard rooms available for points (this was news to me) so even if a room is available for cash, you can't necessarily get it for points
- A 2BR and 3BR with points is 48K/night while the 1BR is 30K

Given this, I'm not assuming I'll be able to get into a 2BR but I'll certainly try!
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:27 pm

7 Nights Points Booking 1 Bedroom

I was able to make a points booking back in November for 7 nights this coming May in a One Bedroom, Mountain View. 30k/night. I emailed the hotel to inquire about getting an Ocean View and received this response:

"I confirmed with a Front Desk manager that the Hyatt Residence Club Ka'anapali Beach does not upgrade room types for award nights-so I'm sorry, but there will not be an option to upgrade your room type."

Fingers still crossed we can get in a One Bedroom Ocean view but not getting our hopes up...
Old Mar 9, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Reviews?

All the posts here are about how to get the timeshare offer/rate.

Any reviews??? I'm going in July and would like to get FT experts to tell me what I need to know.

Thanks!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Originally Posted by elitefreak

Any reviews??? I'm going in July and would like to get FT experts to tell me what I need to know.

Thanks!
We stayed in a 2 bedroom (using hyatt residence club points) on the 7th floor for a week in sept 2016. It was the nicest place we have stayed in hawaii. It was spacious and had a wonderful lanai with an incredible oceanview. We hated to leave after our week. We walked down to black rock beach for snorkeling but the ocean swimming was just fine in front of the hyatt. We went over to the hyatt hotel to use the pool slide and do the aqua aerobics but found the hotel pool scene to be chaotic and overcrowded. All the staff we interacted with were lovely and helpful.
The 2 bedroom unit had a great kitchen, washer & dryer, and the main bedroom had a nice oceanview. The second bedroom was dark and had no view. We invited a friend for dinner one night and she was awestruck by the beautiful unit and our great view of the ocean. After we checked out we spent a few night at the westin timeshare in kaanapali that has nice snorkeling in front but our unit faced a highway/parking garage, ugh.
Would love to return to the hyatt residence in maui.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elitefreak

Thanks!
I'll start: maui is an island in pacific ocean - you'll need a flight to get there..

What are your questions?
There are reports with lots of pics in this thread...
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:21 am

Regency Club

Anyone able to get Regency Club Lounge access while staying at the Residence? I should be getting bumped up to Explorist and am curious if I could use a one of my 4 Club certificates over there for my stay in May.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by adamzook
Anyone able to get Regency Club Lounge access while staying at the Residence? I should be getting bumped up to Explorist and am curious if I could use a one of my 4 Club certificates over there for my stay in May.
No way.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Maui4me1
No way.
Don't think it will work? They advertise being able to use each other's facilities so I figured it was worth a shot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.