Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Residence Club REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Residence Club REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by issyg67
Also received the emailed offer yesterday. I called and the rep said there was availability in the first week of December 2019 and all of May and June 2020. I booked a 5-night stay in June. I didn't ask about availability this summer or fall.

Additional adults do not have to attend the presentation (I asked), but your spouse must attend.
My offer is for $1295 for 5 nights and 10k points.

Any idea why I got a more expensive one? Seemed like it came in same day as others (Wed June 12)
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:09 pm

Is there an option for an existing owner to refer someone ?
I have got invites for marriott vacation clubs multiple times but never got one from hyatt. Would appreciate help from a fellow flyertalk member !
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Wow - inflation must be very high in Hawaii compared to the mainland. Because the offer I got last year was $695 for 5 nights + 10k points.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 5:37 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Wow - inflation must be very high in Hawaii compared to the mainland. Because the offer I got last year was $695 for 5 nights + 10k points.
While price increases may be a part, the offers do vary. Some are for 5 nights at the HR Maui, while others are for a 2 bedroom unit at the RC. Some offers also include a rental car for the week and/or some resort credit.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skj
While price increases may be a part, the offers do vary. Some are for 5 nights at the HR Maui, while others are for a 2 bedroom unit at the RC. Some offers also include a rental car for the week and/or some resort credit.
Understood - it would be helpful if people would specify the room offer. Because a 2BR unit is obviously worth more than a ROH hotel room, particularly if you plan to bring your family. On the flip side, I don't think you get to use the HR lounge if you are staying in the timeshare units, and we have usually been upgraded at the hotel when using this deal.

I have never seen a Hawaii timeshare offer (Marriott, Hyatt, SPG, etc.) without a rental car. Personally I prefer to rent my own car as I hate the long lines to use the voucher but it is hard to justify the add'l expense. And the $100 resort credit is unlikely to justify a 100% price increase.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Mrs received an offer May 2018 for $995 for 5 nights in 2 bedroom villa plus rental car. I think we stopped getting offers since she canceled our Chase Hyatt cards.

bumping thread to see any offers recently or are they still in COVID hibernation?
Old Jun 30, 2021, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Really great stay in 1 bedroom ocean view villa June 2021

Stayed in 1 bedroom villa ocean view using points. Awesome room, great service, and very friendly staff. Absolutely no resort fee or parking fee nonsense.

Loved the villas inside and love they bring you extra laundry detergent or dishwasher soap on request unlike Marriott that gives you a starter set and then says go buy your own.

Only note on this trip, 4 years later, the kids weren't allowed to do activities on the hotel/ Regency side. Had to beg and lady let us. Last time I recall kids went back and forth for activities, i.e. the ones you have to sign up for. Not sure if it's left over from covid protocols or a change they are making. Even though Camp Hyatt is still closed there were more kids activities on the Regency hotel side.

Pools are still useable across both properties which is probably what most people care about.

Happy hour is more affordable on time share side. Made mistake thinking it's same price while on hotel side, got drink, got the bill, ouch! At least didn't repeat the mistake.

The conceirge desk is a different company between Residence Club and Regency. Had to walk over to Regency to get my tickets for Tour of the Stars that I booked a couple of months before.

Fell free to DM if anyone has questions. In general great stay and would come back here again.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by miles_navigator
Stayed in 1 bedroom villa ocean view using points. Awesome room, great service, and very friendly staff. Absolutely no resort fee or parking fee nonsense.

Loved the villas inside and love they bring you extra laundry detergent or dishwasher soap on request unlike Marriott that gives you a starter set and then says go buy your own.

Only note on this trip, 4 years later, the kids weren't allowed to do activities on the hotel/ Regency side. Had to beg and lady let us. Last time I recall kids went back and forth for activities, i.e. the ones you have to sign up for. Not sure if it's left over from covid protocols or a change they are making. Even though Camp Hyatt is still closed there were more kids activities on the Regency hotel side.

Pools are still useable across both properties which is probably what most people care about.

Happy hour is more affordable on time share side. Made mistake thinking it's same price while on hotel side, got drink, got the bill, ouch! At least didn't repeat the mistake.

The conceirge desk is a different company between Residence Club and Regency. Had to walk over to Regency to get my tickets for Tour of the Stars that I booked a couple of months before.

Fell free to DM if anyone has questions. In general great stay and would come back here again.
Must have missed you! Stayed here also in a 1-br ocean view villa on points roughly the same time. Had to keep checking until I was able to book five nights between two reservations. I only received a 3rd floor unit, so not the best view of the ocean, but definitely still good.

30k a night books both the 1-br mountain view and the 1-br ocean view, so get the ocean view if available. Found it to be a great value, especially compared to 25k for a standard room at the Regency next door. I saw a 2-br unit available on a few nights, but never with points, so I don't know if that's possible anymore. Kitchen had high-end Bosch appliances and was well-stocked. Washer and dryer were decent. Bathroom is spacious, the pull-out sofa was actually comfortable, and the lanai is terrific.

Like miles_navigator said, guests can use pools at both properties. Didn't check out any of the kids' activities as mine were fully satisfied with the waterslides at each. Wish I knew about that Tour of the Stars program - sounds like it would have been a lot of fun. The beach in front of the HRC was pretty good (much better than the Regency's). Beach gets much wider as you walk north toward the Ka'anapali Alii. A little farther and you're at Black Rock for some good snorkeling.

There were a few tables around the area of both properties offering timeshare presentations. I was never asked to take one during our stay, but I did approach a table to see what freebies they were offering. A couple of free rounds of golf or a gift card to the spa was all that I was told was available. All the boat tours and luaus have been booked out for a while. I passed.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay!
Boraxo likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 10:26 am

Just checked in yesterday and while the unit is gorgeous and well equipped, our "Ocean View" is ground floor with a lanai that looks right into the lobby and shares a wall with the timeshare sales people. You can see a few tiny patches of ocean through the people and pools. Absolutely zero privacy.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K Hyatt Globalist Marriott Lifetime Plat
Any recent stay reviews? Looking to compare between staying here for 30k points per night or the Regency for 25k per night. 2 adults and 2 kids that are 5 and under.
As a globalist, do you get to use the regency club if you are staying at the HRC?
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wilsliu
Any recent stay reviews? Looking to compare between staying here for 30k points per night or the Regency for 25k per night. 2 adults and 2 kids that are 5 and under.
As a globalist, do you get to use the regency club if you are staying at the HRC?
no access to RC at HR but you can use pools there.. with family i appreciate extra space, well equipped kitchen, washer/dryer much more so i would absolutely pick even the base 1 br mountain view HRC over regular room at HR especially on stays of more than a couple nights.. stock up at costco and you are all set.. if you can get suite confirmed at HR then it's a closer call
Boraxo likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wilsliu
Is it 30k for a lockoff studio or the 2BR? Because the HRC timeshares come in all configurations here.

If 1BR+ it is a no brainer for the HRC with the family of 4, more space for everyone and a full kitchen and large frig. If you get the studio for 30k it is more of a tossup as the Regency Club at the hotel provides good value (we typically dropped by 2x a day or more). Personally I think the HRC pool is a lot nicer / quiet / easier to get chairs, and is well suited for families with young children. Older kids and young adults may prefer the loud, fun, party pool at the Hyatt Regency.

If it was my choice I would go with the HRC every time, but then my opinions on the HR are well known.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Is it 30k for a lockoff studio or the 2BR? ...
no studios at that HRC afaik.. base room is very spacious and well equipped 1 br either mountain or ocean view and premium is an enormous 2 br.. i dont think i ever saw 3 brs bookable but i believe they do exist..
the worst case scenario is ending up with ground floor unit with little privacy and view - as a poster noted earlier..
Old Aug 3, 2022, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azepine00
no studios at that HRC afaik.. base room is very spacious and well equipped 1 br either mountain or ocean view and premium is an enormous 2 br.. i dont think i ever saw 3 brs bookable but i believe they do exist...
My mistake, I received the presentation pre-construction so my memory is fading. I would definitely take a 1BR even over the expansive suites I received at Hyatt hotel as a Diamond.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 3:02 pm

Any recent stays?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.