Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Residence Club REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Residence Club REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2016, 5:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by azepine00
Yes - stay night and promo credits posted just like any regular stay but quite possibly this is ymmv. If they dont there is probably no recourse.
That's awesome, I'm glad you got it. I'm betting you're right that it's ymmv and there's no way to get it if it doesn't post. We went ahead and booked the $1495 2br offer for a stay in October, so we shall see! It's just too nice of an offer to pass up on. If we don't get the night credit we'll just have to do a cheap stay or mattress run another time to get it. Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:30 pm

Referral

I was wondering if anyone could refer me for a timeshare presentation in Maui, HI?
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Abiow
I was wondering if anyone could refer me for a timeshare presentation in Maui, HI?
Did you get the email from Hyatt on May 10? Tons of Hyatt GP members did.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 4:24 pm

Unfortunately, I did not. I just signed up for Hyatt notifications. Is it possible to be forwarded the email or no?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Originally Posted by dprocuk
After speaking with Hyatt reps and the front desk directly, they answered a number of questions - here are ones which may be relevant to others.

1. Status means nothing here. No type of upgrades, no complimentary club/breakfast, no nightly turndown, no late check out etc.

2. Check in is guaranteed at 3:30 pm. Check out is 10am. Late checkout is available if your unit is not assigned to another arriving guest. However, there is a $200 per hour charge after 10am.
Thought I would ask if there has been any changes to how they treat Diamonds in the past year?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
Just got back from staying at the Hyatt hotel Maui. Spent most my pool time at the Hyatt Residence pool. For those that have done the timeshare presentation, how much is it to buy in...curious? What do you get 1 week/year, 2 weeks?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 4:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hyatt Residence Club, HH Gold
Originally Posted by koctail
Just got back from staying at the Hyatt hotel Maui. Spent most my pool time at the Hyatt Residence pool. For those that have done the timeshare presentation, how much is it to buy in...curious? What do you get 1 week/year, 2 weeks?
Some sample pricing for 1 week deeded ownership from a presentation I attended last year:

Every other year 1 bedroom ocean view averages $30k to $52k
Mtn view every other year averages $18k-$34k

Every year 1 bedroom ocean view $39k to $85k and mountain view $30k-$57k

2 bedroom every year, all 2 bedrooms are ocean view
$59.8k to $100k
$100k to $129 for Christmas/New Years weeks

There are also 3 bedrooms, but didn't ask about those.

Pricing depends on the week/season, floor location, etc. Prices have gone up slowly, 5-10% since 2013 as the different phases have started to sell out. Last year resort was 35% sold out and I would imagine it's higher now. Yearly fees for a 2 bedroom are ~$2400.

Also they are going to be introducing a new "points program" for all Hyatt Residence Club locations that would allow you to buy points to use instead of owning a deeded week that is tied to a points amount to use elsewhere. That is likely the reason for all of the email offers going out for different Hyatt Residence Club locations as they'll be introducing that this year if they haven't already.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by tjbrooks
Did you get the email from Hyatt on May 10? Tons of Hyatt GP members did.

Does anyone know if this offer is still valid? Although I did not get an email.

If not, I'm guessing the only way to get a similar offer would be to get a referral? If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 4:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by taytaym
Does anyone know if this offer is still valid? Although I did not get an email.

If not, I'm guessing the only way to get a similar offer would be to get a referral? If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!!
I don't know if the May offer is still valid, but we already have an offer stay booked in October & we received another offer email on August 8th, looks like the same offer, $1495+tax:

Your Maui vacation includes:
• 6 days and 5 nights at our tropical retreat
• Luxurious 2-bedroom, 2-bath oceanfront suite with expansive lanai
• Zero-entry lagoon and infinity relaxation pools with views of the ocean
• Plus, 10,000 bonus Hyatt Gold Passport points

Book by 8/31/2016 and stay by 12/31/17.

It doesn't look like you can forward this email or refer others, but you could always try calling & seeing if you're eligible.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by jkjetsetters
I don't know if the May offer is still valid, but we already have an offer stay booked in October & we received another offer email on August 8th, looks like the same offer, $1495+tax:

Your Maui vacation includes:
• 6 days and 5 nights at our tropical retreat
• Luxurious 2-bedroom, 2-bath oceanfront suite with expansive lanai
• Zero-entry lagoon and infinity relaxation pools with views of the ocean
• Plus, 10,000 bonus Hyatt Gold Passport points

Book by 8/31/2016 and stay by 12/31/17.

It doesn't look like you can forward this email or refer others, but you could always try calling & seeing if you're eligible.
Great idea, thanks! Turns out they had me in the system under an old address so I was able to get it.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:13 am

We had an excellent stay here using points. Staff was fantastic, as was the unit and property. Due to our late booking we only had an Oceanfront 1 bedroom for 3 nights and was moved to a Mountain View 1 bedroom for the last night. Staff was extremely apologetic in moving us the last night, but we knew it was a possibility. The Oceanfront unit was our favorite due to the large lanai and great views. We preferred the interior layout of the Mountain View, however there was no lanai off of the bedroom. The Mountain View has a smaller bathroom and odd shower configuration (no place to put any soap or shampoo). As a diamond, there is no recognition, but we knew that when we booked.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by sonomawine
We had an excellent stay here using points. Staff was fantastic, as was the unit and property. Due to our late booking we only had an Oceanfront 1 bedroom for 3 nights and was moved to a Mountain View 1 bedroom for the last night. Staff was extremely apologetic in moving us the last night, but we knew it was a possibility. The Oceanfront unit was our favorite due to the large lanai and great views. We preferred the interior layout of the Mountain View, however there was no lanai off of the bedroom. The Mountain View has a smaller bathroom and odd shower configuration (no place to put any soap or shampoo). As a diamond, there is no recognition, but we knew that when we booked.
Oooooo..... I didn't realize that points were possible here now too. This is excellent news! When did you make the booking?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Oooooo..... I didn't realize that points were possible here now too. This is excellent news! When did you make the booking?
I made the booking about two weeks ago. 30,000 points, and I was able to use the two free nights with the Hyatt credit card. There was no point difference with an Ocean Front.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 4:39 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Ramonmv
Do you have to get a 2BR or 3BR to get Ocean Front? Are there any 1BR ocean Front, or at least Ocean View rooms?

Thank you.
About half of the one bedroom units face the ocean. The other half face the mountains.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
We had a great stay using the 5-night promotion. Really a lovely property and very well-appointed rooms. One thing I appreciated about the resort is that all the chairs weren't "reserved" by 7AM like they were at the Hyatt Regency next door. (No lie - ALL of the potentially shady chairs and all of the poolside chairs had towels & books on them by 7AM). Even though there are reciprocal pool privileges, somehow the chair saving didn't extend to the Residence Club.

One day we rented a platform beachfront cabana for $200 - IIRC, the cabanas at the Grand Wailea were $350 so it seemed like a bargain.

We have enjoyed brunch at the Swan Court on previous trips to Maui. They had just re-opened after a remodeling which included installing netting across the entire area open to the lagoon. It was not very intrusive, and really cut down on the amount of birds in the restaurant trying to steal your food.

The presentation was very easy; we told the salesperson that we were not buyers. She was pleasant and we were out in less than 50 minutes. The bonus points posted before we got home!

We got stay and night credit, and points for the entire stay as well. The bill looked just like a regular hotel bill, with the prepayment showing as an adjustment before final settlement to the Chase Hyatt Visa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.