Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Residence Club REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Residence Club REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
my wife also received offer for $199 plus tax for 6 days 5 night in 2 bedroom 2 bath villa. Booked for early Dec. total came out at $1128.50. 10k Hyatt points too
Old May 1, 2015, 3:44 pm

I am very tempted to stay at this property as well. If I take advantage of the $198/night does anyone know if we can do date changes later after the offer expires?
Old May 5, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt GLOB
beach and snorkel?

I also received offer for $199 plus tax for 6 days 5 night in 2 bedroom 2 bath villa. I have a stay booked at the Andaz Maui for more than twice the price, and I'm considering switching to the Residence Club. I was wondering if anyone actually stayed at the property yet. Is there a usable beach right in front of the hotel? Is there good snorkeling right at the Club? If so, does one have to swim any distance to get to the reef or is it close to shore? I know Black Rock has good snorkeling and it's 20-25min walk from the residence, but I was wondering if there is some place closer.
Old May 16, 2015, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by setec
I also received offer for $199 plus tax for 6 days 5 night in 2 bedroom 2 bath villa. I have a stay booked at the Andaz Maui for more than twice the price, and I'm considering switching to the Residence Club. I was wondering if anyone actually stayed at the property yet. Is there a usable beach right in front of the hotel? Is there good snorkeling right at the Club? If so, does one have to swim any distance to get to the reef or is it close to shore? I know Black Rock has good snorkeling and it's 20-25min walk from the residence, but I was wondering if there is some place closer.
There is a small beach but it is much better at the Marriott and beyond. We take the free trolley to the Sheraton to get to black rock.
Old May 17, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott PLT, National EE
I'll bump this one up. Anyone see availability for reserving with points here?
I dont see any availability.....wondering if it's just because it's a new property or if the Hyatt Residence Clubs are typically a tough reservation to get on points? Thanks.

Originally Posted by coffee18
Has anyone successfully booked this property on points? Been calling for months. Hoping this property becomes points-available, but given the locale I suppose it will be tough.
Old May 17, 2015, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Don't think they've opened up points availability yet. I've been calling too
Old May 17, 2015, 8:46 pm

I received the same $199/night for 5 nights offer. However, I called and asked if there was a possibility of using the offer in February/March 2016. The rep left me a VM saying there was no availability then.

Anyone have any luck in booking into 2016 with this offer?
Old May 19, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Is there a common thread (no FT 'thread' pun intended) as to how/why folks are receiving these offers?

I am a Diamond that has stayed at the HR Maui, GH Kauai, or combo of both every year for the last 6-7 years with my wife and 2 kids, and would think that I am their target market...
Old May 19, 2015, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
My husband received an offer for $99 per night just a few days ago. He has no status and hasn't had a stay in nearly 2 years.

ETA: Folks, I don't know how/why he was selected. I haven't read the details of the offer, but I'm sure it's similar to those noted above and more importantly, I PLAN ON USING IT. As luck would have it, even though we don't like Maui very much, friends asked us to join them and we will bite the bullet and go to Maui Thanks for the PMs though

Last edited by Mary2e; May 19, 2015 at 12:35 pm
Old May 19, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
My husband and I have been staying at the Hyatt Maui for 30 years, sometimes 2 times per year and we have never received an offer!
Old May 22, 2015, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
My husband received an offer for $99 per night just a few days ago. He has no status and hasn't had a stay in nearly 2 years.

ETA: Folks, I don't know how/why he was selected. I haven't read the details of the offer, but I'm sure it's similar to those noted above and more importantly, I PLAN ON USING IT. As luck would have it, even though we don't like Maui very much, friends asked us to join them and we will bite the bullet and go to Maui Thanks for the PMs though
I thought I received an offer for $99 but fine print states that is per person. Pretty dismayed at that I was temporarily deceived
Old May 22, 2015, 5:01 pm

The fine print says the rate of $99 per night pp includes the resort fee. However, it says "taxes, if any" may be payable.
Does anyone know if taxes are charged? If so are they on the $99 rate or the "regular" rate?

Last edited by milemonkey; May 23, 2015 at 10:28 am
Old May 23, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I just opened the envelope, and indeed, it is $99 per person. I still may use it depending upon what the C&P rate is.

I'm sure taxes are charged.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:10 pm

How do I get targeted for this offer
Old Jul 3, 2015, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

An exceptional property - they invested enough money in quality materials like frette sheets, weber grills, oxo utensils etc etc. All 2br units have great oceanfron view and huge lanai.
Beach is so so and i am not a fan of lahaina area (isolated witn traffic) but the units are very very good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.