Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Residence Club REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Residence Club REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 2, 14, 12:09 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: CVG
Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Posts: 1,465
Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Residence Club REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Was doing some late night surfing and looks like we have an opening date scheduled.

http://kaanapalibeach.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Available for bookings Jan 5, 2015 and beyond.

I called up GHP to ask some questions about the property and found out the following.

The reciprocal access to the HR Maui grounds does not include club access for diamonds, just spa/pool/grounds.

The daily rates are quite high during Jan - ouch! HDR is $1399 to $1899. There's some sort of weird rate displayed atm that is way cheaper.

Points redemptions are not possible yet, system is not loaded. If/when available, will likely be similar to other residence clubs, e.g. 15-18k 1BR, 23K 2BR, 3BR will not be points bookable. Unfortunately, this property may be more difficult to redeem at than the Caramel Highlands location given the distribution of the rooms : 19 1BR, ~100 2BR, and 12 3BR.

Rooms will have a variety of sleeping arrangements including king/queen/sofa sleeper configurations and occupancy might be 4/8/12 depending.

Looking forward to what additional information will come out in the coming months and excited for another Hyatt offering in a wonderful location!
sam_goh is offline  
Old Nov 3, 14, 9:18 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SEA
Programs: Back to 0
Posts: 1,370
Originally Posted by sam_goh View Post
Was doing some late night surfing and looks like we have an opening date scheduled.

http://kaanapalibeach.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Available for bookings Jan 5, 2015 and beyond.

I called up GHP to ask some questions about the property and found out the following.

The reciprocal access to the HR Maui grounds does not include club access for diamonds, just spa/pool/grounds.

The daily rates are quite high during Jan - ouch! HDR is $1399 to $1899. There's some sort of weird rate displayed atm that is way cheaper.

Points redemptions are not possible yet, system is not loaded. If/when available, will likely be similar to other residence clubs, e.g. 15-18k 1BR, 23K 2BR, 3BR will not be points bookable. Unfortunately, this property may be more difficult to redeem at than the Caramel Highlands location given the distribution of the rooms : 19 1BR, ~100 2BR, and 12 3BR.

Rooms will have a variety of sleeping arrangements including king/queen/sofa sleeper configurations and occupancy might be 4/8/12 depending.

Looking forward to what additional information will come out in the coming months and excited for another Hyatt offering in a wonderful location!

Just got a targeted offer in the mail: $199/night for 5 night stays. I plan to sign up ASAP.
EkekoBWI is offline  
Old Nov 3, 14, 9:56 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: CVG
Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Posts: 1,465
That's the timeshare offer rate?
sam_goh is offline  
Old Nov 3, 14, 9:59 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SEA
Programs: Back to 0
Posts: 1,370
Originally Posted by sam_goh View Post
That's the timeshare offer rate?
I think $599 is the timeshare rate, according to the website. I could have this wrong, though.
EkekoBWI is offline  
Old Nov 7, 14, 1:50 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 273
Anybody been able to book a points stay at this location? I've tried a few dates in June but HGP says they have not set up the points portion of their system.

I've noticed that they have recently loaded daily rates to October 2015.
coffee18 is offline  
Old Mar 23, 15, 3:14 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Upper Sternistan
Posts: 7,930
My wife got an offer of $99/night for 5 nights. Plus 10K Hyatt points. Have to do the regular timeshare high pressure sales tour.

Pretty tempting, although the place looks lackluster.

What was this place before?
josephstern is offline  
Old Mar 23, 15, 5:33 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Posts: 588
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
My wife got an offer of $99/night for 5 nights. Plus 10K Hyatt points. Have to do the regular timeshare high pressure sales tour.

Pretty tempting, although the place looks lackluster.

What was this place before?
A parking lot!
Maui4me1 is offline  
Old Mar 23, 15, 6:35 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Upper Sternistan
Posts: 7,930
Originally Posted by Maui4me1 View Post
A parking lot!
Oh. From the pics, I was figuring it was a re-tread of a higher order.

So all relatively new, huh?

I wish I had some dates to make this work. Gotta try at this price.
josephstern is offline  
Old Mar 23, 15, 8:39 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Posts: 588
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
Oh. From the pics, I was figuring it was a re-tread of a higher order.

So all relatively new, huh?

I wish I had some dates to make this work. Gotta try at this price.
It opened in December.
Maui4me1 is offline  
Old Mar 24, 15, 1:21 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: RDU
Posts: 689
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
My wife got an offer of $99/night for 5 nights. Plus 10K Hyatt points. Have to do the regular timeshare high pressure sales tour.

Pretty tempting, although the place looks lackluster.

What was this place before?
Can anyone get this offer?
Gunner14 is offline  
Old Mar 24, 15, 1:26 pm
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: CVG
Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Posts: 1,465
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
Oh. From the pics, I was figuring it was a re-tread of a higher order.

So all relatively new, huh?

I wish I had some dates to make this work. Gotta try at this price.
Definitely brand spanking new. We walked the property in December while staying at the HR next door. Also walked through one of the units and was quite impressed (and not just with the unit price). Has great access to beach, nice pool system, and many units have ocean front views.

Unfortunately, still not setup to take points yet
sam_goh is offline  
Old Mar 24, 15, 1:54 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 375
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
My wife got an offer of $99/night for 5 nights. Plus 10K Hyatt points. Have to do the regular timeshare high pressure sales tour.

Pretty tempting, although the place looks lackluster.

What was this place before?
That's pretty spectacular, is it for a 2-BR or 1-BR?
xiKiNGix is offline  
Old Mar 25, 15, 8:50 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Upper Sternistan
Posts: 7,930
Originally Posted by xiKiNGix View Post
That's pretty spectacular, is it for a 2-BR or 1-BR?
2 bedroom. It really is good.

I really need to try to use it.
josephstern is offline  
Old Mar 25, 15, 11:17 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: RDU
Posts: 689
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
2 bedroom. It really is good.

I really need to try to use it.
Can you provide any detail on how your wife got the offer?
Gunner14 is offline  
Old Mar 25, 15, 11:32 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Upper Sternistan
Posts: 7,930
Originally Posted by Gunner14 View Post
Can you provide any detail on how your wife got the offer?
I wish I knew!

Frankly, I don't think she's ever earned or redeemed Hyatt points. All Hyatt stays have been on my account.
josephstern is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: