Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Residence Club REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Residence Club REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2017, 10:35 am

Any other data points on whether the timeshare offer of 5 nights at $1495 counts as a "qualifying stay"? I know it shouldn't, but in the past it seems has for some folks.
Wondering if I need to have 1 stay before my 5 night stay starts for the "double the points" promo.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by She
Received a new offer today - $1495/5 nights in a 2 bedroom suite + 10,000 points
Stay through March 31 2017

Any idea if they will extend it? Hoping to go next July
That's the current rate. I received 2 offers that expired earlier this year - but the offer is still good.

Originally Posted by jkjetsetters
We just called to check some availability & asked if we would get HGP stay/night credit and the agent said absolutely not, only points and the bonus points that come with the promotion. He said since there's already such a discount on the room rates they can't give the stay/night credit. My husband asked if there was anyone he could talk to about flexibility on this & the agent insisted there's no flexibility.

Are you positive you got stay/night credit for your stay(s) on these offers, and not just the points for them? If you did, maybe you got lucky, unless someone else chimes in that they got the credit too.
Back in 2014 I was promised EQN and bonus points for the package price but received neither (this was even staying at the hotel as the timeshare was under construction). Unfortunately this is par for the course (same result at Marriott) as the timeshare operation is completely separate from the hotel and points programs.

Originally Posted by ehallison
We had a great stay using the 5-night promotion. Really a lovely property and very well-appointed rooms. One thing I appreciated about the resort is that all the chairs weren't "reserved" by 7AM like they were at the Hyatt Regency next door. (No lie - ALL of the potentially shady chairs and all of the poolside chairs had towels & books on them by 7AM). Even though there are reciprocal pool privileges, somehow the chair saving didn't extend to the Residence Club.

One day we rented a platform beachfront cabana for $200 - IIRC, the cabanas at the Grand Wailea were $350 so it seemed like a bargain.

The presentation was very easy; we told the salesperson that we were not buyers. She was pleasant and we were out in less than 50 minutes. The bonus points posted before we got home!

We got stay and night credit, and points for the entire stay as well. The bill looked just like a regular hotel bill, with the prepayment showing as an adjustment before final settlement to the Chase Hyatt Visa.
Great review. The prices are kind of insane particularly given the rental opportunities on redweek, etc. Only makes sense if you want the same peak week @Prime destination every year.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Traffic to Lahaina is getting worse with every year... this is the third year we did this and while the property is awesome, rush hour drive is like waterslide line at HR...
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone received stay/points from those stays since woh launch?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by azepine00
Has anyone received stay/points from those stays since woh launch?
I received stay/night credit and points for my visit in late June (I was on the 5 night $1,495 2 BR offer).
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by laxsnaogg
I received stay/night credit and points for my visit in late June (I was on the 5 night $1,495 2 BR offer).
Late June here also on the 2BR / $1495 and did not receive stay credit.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm going full circle here.

Rather than the $99 offer I had on the first page of this thread, I'm now confirmed here at over $1000/night over Thanksgiving. Yes, this is about 60x of that other rate! Long story, but we had Cabo plans, and we decided it was unwise. So, relatively last minute for T-giving, this is a top option for us.

Question is, can I assume that my nights and spend will count for WoH? I booked on the Hyatt website, not doing a timeshare spiel or anything, no notes to the contrary anywhere in the reservation. But my trust in Hyatt is just a bit diminished since WoH.

I'm pretty sure it'll all qualify, but if anyone has stayed here on a regular non-timeshare promo rate recently, I'm eager to hear your details.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BA
I am looking at rates during presidents day week, they have a one bedroom that is semi-affordable. Problem is it says it only sleep 4. There are 5 of us (3 being smallish children). Would I be OK booking this?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
I'm going full circle here.

Rather than the $99 offer I had on the first page of this thread, I'm now confirmed here at over $1000/night over Thanksgiving. Yes, this is about 60x of that other rate! Long story, but we had Cabo plans, and we decided it was unwise. So, relatively last minute for T-giving, this is a top option for us.

Question is, can I assume that my nights and spend will count for WoH? I booked on the Hyatt website, not doing a timeshare spiel or anything, no notes to the contrary anywhere in the reservation. But my trust in Hyatt is just a bit diminished since WoH.

I'm pretty sure it'll all qualify, but if anyone has stayed here on a regular non-timeshare promo rate recently, I'm eager to hear your details.
Answer is: yes, the spend and nights count. But you have to follow-up a few times for sure.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by bta15
I am looking at rates during presidents day week, they have a one bedroom that is semi-affordable. Problem is it says it only sleep 4. There are 5 of us (3 being smallish children). Would I be OK booking this?
We had a 1 br with two adult kids sharing the queen pullout - with a great memory foam mattress. So I think u will be fine.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BA
Originally Posted by josephstern
Answer is: yes, the spend and nights count. But you have to follow-up a few times for sure.
Would they give me any grief at say the pool for having too many people in my room? I've been to a hyatt where they gave you a specific number of wristbands to get in the pool...
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by bta15
Would they give me any grief at say the pool for having too many people in my room? I've been to a hyatt where they gave you a specific number of wristbands to get in the pool...
I wouldn't worry about a wristband here, its pretty low key. I have used the pool before while staying next door at the Hyatt and never had a wristband.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 5:48 pm

Can anyone send me current offers to this property?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Received a recent offer, ended up being $1128.50 including all taxes and fees for 5 nights in 2 bedroom. It was excellent timing as we had booked GH Kauai for 5 nights at end of Asia summer trip and decided to switch to Maui with this offer. Easy to book, exact dates I wanted available in Mid-July and they were kind enough to stay on hold before I finalized package while I called airline to change our flights to depart from OGG instead of LIH.

This is will be our 3rd time at this property - each time using an offer like this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SF1K
Received a recent offer, ended up being $1128.50 including all taxes and fees for 5 nights in 2 bedroom. It was excellent timing as we had booked GH Kauai for 5 nights at end of Asia summer trip and decided to switch to Maui with this offer. Easy to book, exact dates I wanted available in Mid-July and they were kind enough to stay on hold before I finalized package while I called airline to change our flights to depart from OGG instead of LIH.

This is will be our 3rd time at this property - each time using an offer like this.
They let you do the timeshare offer three times? Or a different person in your party does it each time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.