Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by craz
I had a view to the Sq in front of the Hotel the times Ive stayed there. I dont recall the building be rally high = no real terrific views of the city from any room

It reminded me of my views from my rooms in PRG at The Marriott, Renaissance /Old Town Hilton both hotels arent high and thusly views of the buildings next to it and none of the City
Thanks. So the Diplomat suite is basically a larger room with more furnishings.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MarkP24
i dont remember the names/types of rooms I was in. But you said the size wasnt important since you werent going to be there that much, and all I was mentioning is AFAIK there are no views to be had. If you scroll up to the post above with the pics the pic of the Sq is right above where that OP said Dining. as well as their other pics some have views out the window and you will see the buildings are apx the same height so no real views of The City to be had was my point.

So if no rooms have a view to die for and you wont be there at all, its now up to you if its worth it to go for the larger room. But I would assume any suite is a larger room with more furnishnings
Old Dec 23, 2021, 8:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's a suite of rooms. Not just more furnishings, but nicer furnishings. Whether that's worth the extra points is purely a matter of personal preference.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

While I know this is subjective, any thoughts on whether the diplomat suite is worth double the points over a king room (25k vs. 50k)? Are the views in the Diplomat Suite much better than traditional King rooms? Size of the room isn't as important to me as we'll be touring for much of the day.
Several rooms with nicer furnishings.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 10:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
From parts of the hotel, the views of the square where it's located are extremely nice even if there's no high floor panoramic.
3rdworldresident and MarkP24 like this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 9:52 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's a suite of rooms. Not just more furnishings, but nicer furnishings. Whether that's worth the extra points is purely a matter of personal preference.
Originally Posted by Aventine
Several rooms with nicer furnishings.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
From parts of the hotel, the views of the square where it's located are extremely nice even if there's no high floor panoramic.
Thank you all!
Old Jan 1, 2022, 6:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Any recent experiences for Hyatt Privé bookings without status? Are they strictly upgrading one category? Thanks!
Old Jan 1, 2022, 7:38 am

Programs: IHG One Rewards & World of Hyatt
Originally Posted by Enskie
Any recent experiences for Hyatt Privé bookings without status? Are they strictly upgrading one category? Thanks!
Its always occupancy specific, but with a good relationship with the hotel team it's always possible to push for more!

Old Apr 30, 2022, 5:00 am

Hi all, hoping to check in for one night (staying mostly at the Andaz but would love to stay at the PH). They only are showing two twin beds on the app for points availability. Any chance my wife and I might score a king bed or other upgrade on check in (Globalists)? Or would it be déclassé to push the beds together?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 5:41 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NJTeacher
Hi all, hoping to check in for one night (staying mostly at the Andaz but would love to stay at the PH). They only are showing two twin beds on the app for points availability. Any chance my wife and I might score a king bed or other upgrade on check in (Globalists)? Or would it be déclassé to push the beds together?
Book and and email and say you’d prefer one bed. Highly doubtful your stay in that room, anyway.
NJTeacher likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 1:19 pm

Stayed at the Park Hyatt Vienna about 8 days ago. I booked a Standard 1 King Bed @ 25k per night for 3 nights. Was upgraded @ Check In to Park Suite Deluxe. Definitely not as nice as the Diplomat Suite but I can't complain, it was still a nice room. Hotel breakfast buffet is high quality compared to other buffets.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Standard Award availability for Dec. 2022?

I am not finding any Standard Room award availability for the first 2 weeks in Dec. for 3 nights. Individual nights showed Standard Suite and Premium Suite, but no Standard Room.
I may get to try Hotel Imperial after canceling Dec. 2020.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CIT85
I am not finding any Standard Room award availability for the first 2 weeks in Dec. for 3 nights. Individual nights showed Standard Suite and Premium Suite, but no Standard Room.
I may get to try Hotel Imperial after canceling Dec. 2020.
Same here. It appears that they have just blocked out standard rooms for the entire month of December. Possibly in recognition of the busy/popular Christmas season?
Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:11 pm

I'm a globalist headed there for a few nights in September. Anybody happen to have the GM's email address?
Old Jul 18, 2022, 10:33 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by sabester24
I'm a globalist headed there for a few nights in September. Anybody happen to have the GM's email address?
Check your pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.